Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? Empty What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session?

Post by Colin Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:50 am

Hi All

Prompted by a discussion on a blog by a well known Reiki teacher, I thought I would ask for everyone's understanding about the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session:

Are we there to cure all the ills and problems of the client?
    Are we there to give a psychic or energy reading of the current state of the client?
    Are we there to work on a specific issue for the client?
    Are we just an open channel for Reiki to work through, having no influence whatsoever?
    Are we there as a counsellor?
    Are we there to offer advice?
    Are we there to offer a healing opportunity for the client to take or leave?
    Are we there to take on all of the pain and suffering of the client?
    Are we even necessary?

What do you think the role of a Reiki practitioner is?

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? Empty Re: What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session?

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Colin wrote:Hi All

Prompted by a discussion on a blog by a well known Reiki teacher, I thought I would ask for everyone's understanding about the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session:

Are we there to cure all the ills and problems of the client?
    Are we there to give a psychic or energy reading of the current state of the client?
    Are we there to work on a specific issue for the client?
    Are we just an open channel for Reiki to work through, having no influence whatsoever?
    Are we there as a counsellor?
    Are we there to offer advice?
    Are we there to offer a healing opportunity for the client to take or leave?
    Are we there to take on all of the pain and suffering of the client?
    Are we even necessary?

Smile

Are we even necessary. That's possible!
    however humans need comforting so if
    not us then who Question

taking on the clients pain,
    suffering defeats the purpose
    of helping them heal What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 850837

offer a healing opportunity
    for the client to take or leave?
    Sounds like a reasonable thought Basketball

Offering advice. I'd rather
    not...but maybe suggest or
    guide is OK flower

Counsellor. No farao

Never liked the term channel
    associated with Reiki scratch

Work on a specific issue.. No!
    Reiki energy goes were its
    needed What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 402695

psychic or energy reading.
    we are just facilitators of Reiki
    energy What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 158903

cure all the ills and problems
    of the client What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 78411
    That would be amazing What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 471984
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? Empty Re: What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session?

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 am

Colin wrote:
    Smile

Interesting one Smile

Personally, I feel that we are facilitators, and guides

We are there to "hold the healing space"
    To generate a healing opportunity for the client
    To assist in directing/focusing their awareness(consciously or otherwise) to the Flow that is the Reiki Phenomenon
    To support them in their interaction with the Reiki Phenomenon, on their terms
    To support them in their process of self-healing - whatever that may take

And to be mindful that, ultimately:
    "All healing is Self-healing"

Smile
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:22 am

Here is my interpretation of how we function as Reiki practitioners and the function of the Reiki symbols:

CKR - connects us with our essence/soul it anchors us to source.

SHK - Bridges us with our subconscious mind.

HSZSN - Is our broadband connection to the collective consciousness/ethernet. When we are mindful we become aware of the interconnectedness of all that is, ever was or will be.

DKM - Is the embodiment of all of the above and the 5 precepts. That we are now walking the walk and not just talking the talk... At this point possibly, the use of the symbols are not so importnat anymore because in mastery we have learned to embody the intlligence and wisdom of the above.

As a practitioner with the use of the symbols, we help "patients" connect with their soul, their subconcience, which governs all internal processies, i.e the immune system. A process I believe by which, on some level, our souls interact. Well Really what we do is just lay our hands on and let Reiki do all the hard work. Very Happy

When we are facilitating a remote healing we are connecting to the ethernet broadband. Let's say for example I wanna send Colin a healing I enter his "email address": colin@reikilearninglounge.com, write my email,(set an intention) I might add a nice video attachtment with that email (visualisation) and click on send (CKR- *Gassho*)!

Any feedback we get during these processes, you might call them psychic or intuitive, can help us better understand the needs of our "patients". And if we are getting this type of feedback we should be grateful because it can help us become better facilitators.
    This can and does in some folks take the form of empathy or taking on the ailments or symptoms of our "patients". While that might be uncomfortable it also holds great potential for our own spiritual growth and in developing our compassion for ourselves and one another.

In order for us to heal we have to allow it to happen. Our essence already knows what we need, but our subconscience needs our cooperation. When we are stressed our whole body plays havoc causing all kinds of blockages and ailments. During a Reiki session we help facilitate this healing space by calming the mind and shutting off that mental chatter, thereby letting the subconscience operate and do what it does best. It's like for example you are studying or trying to but you are constantly being interrupted or distracted by phonecalls, facebook notifications, emails or your kids fighting in the background. This is the type of effect we have on our subconscious mind when we are under stress or worrying too much. So in effect yes we are creating a healing space, but at the end of the day the person we are trying to help create that space for, needs to cooperate.

So to summarize; what I think happens during Reiki is a communication/exchange of information. I once saw the reiki energy flow between my hands and a person I was treating... what I saw were tiny tictac-shaped photons of light traveling back and forth between my hands and her body, on what seemed to me like an "information-highway"

In'Lakech
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:Here is my interpretation of how we function as Reiki practitioners and the function of the Reiki symbols:

CKR - connects us with our essence/soul it anchors us to source.

SHK - Bridges us with our subconscious mind.

HSZSN - Is our broadband connection to the collective consciousness/ethernet. When we are mindful we become aware of the interconnectedness of all that is, ever was or will be.

DKM - Is the embodiment of all of the above and the 5 precepts. That we are now walking the walk and not just talking the talk... At this point possibly, the use of the symbols are not so importnat anymore because in mastery we have learned to embody the intlligence and wisdom of the above.

As a practitioner with the use of the symbols, we help "patients" connect with their soul, their subconcience, which governs all internal processies, i.e the immune system. A process I believe by which, on some level, our souls interact. Well Really what we do is just lay our hands on and let Reiki do all the hard work. Very Happy

When we are facilitating a remote healing we are connecting to the ethernet broadband. Let's say for example I wanna send Colin a healing I enter his "email address": colin@reikilearninglounge.com, write my email,(set an intention) I might add a nice video attachtment with that email (visualisation) and click on send (CKR- *Gassho*)!

Any feedback we get during these processes, you might call them psychic or intuitive, can help us better understand the needs of our "patients". And if we are getting this type of feedback we should be grateful because it can help us become better facilitators.
    This can and does in some folks take the form of empathy or taking on the ailments or symptoms of our "patients". While that might be uncomfortable it also holds great potential for our own spiritual growth and in developing our compassion for ourselves and one another.

In order for us to heal we have to allow it to happen. Our essence already knows what we need, but our subconscience needs our cooperation. When we are stressed our whole body plays havoc causing all kinds of blockages and ailments. During a Reiki session we help facilitate this healing space by calming the mind and shutting off that mental chatter, thereby letting the subconscience operate and do what it does best. It's like for example you are studying or trying to but you are constantly being interrupted or distracted by phonecalls, facebook notifications, emails or your kids fighting in the background. This is the type of effect we have on our subconscious mind when we are under stress or worrying too much. So in effect yes we are creating a healing space, but at the end of the day the person we are trying to help create that space for, needs to cooperate.

So to summarize; what I think happens during Reiki is a communication/exchange of information. I once saw the reiki energy flow between my hands and a person I was treating... what I saw were tiny tictac-shaped photons of light traveling back and forth between my hands and her body, on what seemed to me like an "information-highway"

In'Lakech

Lots of energy coming through bounce sunny What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 850837
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Colin wrote:Hi All

1)Are we there to cure all the ills and problems of the client?
    2)Are we there to give a psychic or energy reading of the current state of the client?
    3)Are we there to work on a specific issue for the client?
    4)Are we just an open channel for Reiki to work through, having no influence whatsoever?
    5)Are we there as a counsellor?
    6)Are we there to offer advice?
    7)Are we there to offer a healing opportunity for the client to take or leave?
    8)Are we there to take on all of the pain and suffering of the client?
    9)Are we even necessary?

Smile

hmmm well my views ( at present, they may change in the future) in regards to your specific questions are as follows:

1) no
    2) no
    3) hmmm in some instances yes, if they have requested help with a specific problem/problems.

4) hmmm, when I offer Reiki to another, I offer in the spirit of compassionate detachment, so initially, I feel, I have absolutely no influence what so ever over a Reiki session. I simply step to one side of myself and allow Reiki to flow and do its thing. But some experiences have taught me that 'spiritually requesting' that the Reiki flows to specific problem areas has proved productive and positive. This has shocked me.... and led me to the conclusion, that I actually can have a more influencial/active role as Reiki practioner.

5)yes, sometimes. My experience has taught me, that one has to have a certain level of ability in being a compassionate and empathetic listener. As we all know quite profound emotional releases can occur, old deeply buried memories can come to the surface..if we do not have some small level of skill in being able create a safe space for these kind of releases, then I feel we may be doing our clients a disservice. It's also not a bad idea to have a list of other professional bodies/organisations, who may be of service to our clients regardings certain issues that may arrise as a result of a Reiki session.

6)oh gosh, tuffy! I guess that all depends on what issues arise, I would never offer advice about lifestyle, diet, personal realtionships etc..I feel that given enough Reiki treatments the client will come to their own conclusions regarding what changes they need to make in their life. I would however offer names of other professional bodies/organisations, depending on what issues may arise as a result of the treatment.

7)yes

8)absolutely not!

9)In the short term, yes.

~~
    Ultimately I believe the role of a Reiki practitioner, ( or at least myself in this regard) is to faciltate self awakening and awareness in another.

I believe as Reiki practitioners we act as a medium between the physical and spiritual potentials. Due to Mr Usui's wonderful gift of the attunement process, we as Reiki practitioners can act as bridges between the physical and spiritual........ we can become hollow bones which allow all necessary spiritual 'information/energies' to flow through to the client.

Reiki practice is still a deeply deeply spiritual experience for me, to be in a position to help awaken others to that same level of awareness is a wonderful honour. I love you
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 am

Pachamama said:
    also not a bad idea to have a list of other professional
    bodies/organisations, who may be of service to our clients regardings certain issues that may arrise as a result of a Reiki session.

excellent point Exclamation What is the role of a Reiki practitioner in a Reiki session? 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 am