Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Practitioner headache after Reiki

xoxo999
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Practitioner headache after Reiki Empty Practitioner headache after Reiki

Post by xoxo999 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Everyone. I should start off by saying that I am very new to Usui Reiki and just received my level 1 and 2 certification 2 weeks ago. I have been practicing on friends and family but this evening had a client (paid session, minimal fee). After the session this evening, I was feeling quite lightheaded and a headache. I mentioned it to the client who says that she hadn't been experiences any headaches. Is this normal? What does this mean?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate any answers or insight into this. Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Practitioner headache after Reiki Empty Re: Practitioner headache after Reiki

Post by chi_solas Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 pm

xoxo999 wrote:Hi Everyone. I should start off by saying that I am very new to Usui Reiki and just received my level 1 and 2 certification 2 weeks ago. I have been practicing on friends and family but this evening had a client (paid session, minimal fee). After the session this evening, I was feeling quite lightheaded and a headache. I mentioned it to the client who says that she hadn't been experiences any headaches. Is this normal? What does this mean?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate any answers or insight into this. Smile

Reiki is unpredictable. bounce

Everyones experience is different
    as our daily lives are always changing Neutral

I believe only you know what created
    those feelings. It could have been one
    of many issues. Were you anxious about
    having a paying customer. How did you
    prepare the Reiki area, was it conducive
    and relaxing to work in. Headaches and
    backaches can be caused by different health
    issues. scratch study

How many times have you facilitated Reiki.Practitioner headache after Reiki 850837
    xoxo999
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by xoxo999 Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi. I appreciate the response. No anxiety about having a paying customer. She was not the first one and I was quite comfortable charging such a small fee. I have facilitated Reiki about 20 times now so still very new.

The environment was soothing and relaxing. I meditated prior to the session and had a quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Grounded myself and said a prayer beforehand.

I guess I will meditate on it to find my answer! Thanks! Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 am

xoxo999 wrote:Hi. I appreciate the response. No anxiety about having a paying customer. She was not the first one and I was quite comfortable charging such a small fee. I have facilitated Reiki about 20 times now so still very new.

The environment was soothing and relaxing. I meditated prior to the session and had a quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Grounded myself and said a prayer beforehand.

I guess I will meditate on it to find my answer! Thanks! Very Happy

I found it rewarding to volunteer
    my services at hospitals, nursing
    homes, women's centers that way you
    get a diverse population and your
    experience is not with folks who
    are trying Reiki out of curiosity. flower

You'll learn how to do Reiki in settings
    that are not conducive due to hospital
    machines that patients are attached to.
    in Nursing homes etc you may only have
    a chair. You'll have folks with physical
    emotional and spiritual needs to be addressed. Practitioner headache after Reiki 850837 sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 am