Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

How do you explain Reiki to clients

susanmunn
    susanmunn
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

How do you explain Reiki to clients Empty How do you explain Reiki to clients

Post by susanmunn Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 am

I was wondering how you all explain reiki to a new client, this is something I struggle with and I am very experienced with reiki but to the client I don't seem it.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

How do you explain Reiki to clients Empty Re: How do you explain Reiki to clients

Post by chi_solas Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 pm

susanmunn wrote:I was wondering how you all explain reiki to a new client, this is something I struggle with and I am very experienced with reiki but to the client I don't seem it.

The name Reiki is a health
    system that uses natural
    energy to heal. It's the
    same energy that brings us
    the 4 seasons. Our body has
    a natural healing ability
    visable to the human eye if
    you check how a cut on your
    finger heals. The body sends
    us signals when it needs
    attention usually a rash,a pain,
    etc; How we respond is the key
    to good health. Being aware of
    the natural earth's energy we
    can direct it to within ourselves
    to unblock trapped energy be it
    physical,emotional and spiritual.

Like accupunture and other healing
    energy systems, many Reiki sessions
    may be needed to get to the root of
    say a migraine headache and other
    health problems.

Other folks on the RLL may have a
    different way of explaining Reiki. sunny

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

How do you explain Reiki to clients Empty Re: How do you explain Reiki to clients

Post by Colin Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:22 am

susanmunn wrote:I was wondering how you all explain reiki to a new client, this is something I struggle with and I am very experienced with reiki but to the client I don't seem it.

Hi Susan

I think that part of the problem when Reiki practitioners try to explain Reiki to a client is that they attempt to explain what Reiki itself is and what they believe is happening in a Reiki session in terms of energy. This is a very difficult since no one really knows what Reiki is or how it works! Smile

The best we can do is explain about what the practice of Reiki is, in terms of how we perform a Reiki session and what the perceived benefits are. These are things all Reiki practitioners should know about! Smile

Here is my attempt to explain this:

Reiki is a Japanese practice for balancing the mind and body through light touch. It can be performed on oneself or another person who is fully clothed and reclining or sitting comfortably. Hands may be placed on or slightly above the body in various positions (none of which will invade personal privacy).

The main concept behind Reiki healing is that although the mind and body have excellent protection and repair mechanisms, if they are subject to constant stress or the person is not following their true life path then these mechanisms cannot cope, resulting in build-ups of toxins and energetic imbalances (byosen), from which symptoms can develop. Such a state also leaves a person more open to infection and, if the mind becomes distracted, more accident prone.

Receiving a Reiki session offers the client the opportunity to return towards balance and wholeness, i.e. an opportunity to begin healing. The presence of Reiki initiates this process which recipients have reported as being beneficial with regard to the relief of stress, pain, anxiety and other symptoms. Many also report that they are better able to cope with longstanding serious conditions and feel they experience a better quality of life. Others find that they are able to focus more easily, look at things differently and are able to make life changes (big and small) which can greatly influence their degree of happiness and wellbeing. It should be remembered, however, that Reiki is not targeted towards specific outcomes or specific conditions but is a wholistic multi-level approach to wellness and we are all on our own life journeys which means that we may all respond differently to a Reiki session.

cheers
    Bastemhet
    Bastemhet

Post by Bastemhet Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am

Colin wrote:The name Reiki is a health
    system that uses natural
    energy to heal. It's the
    us signals when it needs

health problems.

This is really helpful, thank you! But then how would we explain distance healing without having to touch on the nature of the Reiki energy itself?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:38 am

Bastemhet wrote:
    Colin wrote:The name Reiki is a health
    system that uses natural
    energy to heal. It's the
    us signals when it needs

health problems.

This is really helpful, thank you! But then how would we explain distance healing without having to touch on the nature of the Reiki energy itself?

Energy waves. your can see
    the natural energy waves as
    you drive along on a hot day or
    the energy that moves the ocean
    waves from the shores of europe to
    the US. You may have a thought
    of someone and the phone rings
    the person on the other end is
    the person you were thinking of.
    Thoughts are energy and can travel
    through space. Distant Reiki works
    through your energy thoughts. bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am