Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Foot Chakra

kwatry
    kwatry
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Foot Chakra Empty Foot Chakra

Post by kwatry Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:05 am

I was just reading this on the "foot chakra" which is not the base chakra, but but it is a bit different. I have never heard of this, and I would like to hear other's thoughts on this chakra? When I was attuned, the reiki master said she does alot of work on the feet, but because of reflexology, not because of a foot chakra confused

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/hb/hhb-13.shtml

This person also has posts on chakras 8-12...very interesting!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Foot Chakra Empty Re: Foot Chakra

Post by Colin Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 am

Hi kwatry

There are so many different systems of chakra classifications nowadays! Some have over 300 chakras identified!

Traditionally there are the 7 main chakras but also some minor ones such as in the hands, knees and feet. It makes sense to have foot chakras to connect with earth energy to complement the crown which connects to the heaven energy.

Thank goodness we don't even have to think about chakras when practising Reiki (they are not part of the traditional Reiki system). I like to keep things nice and simple!

Smile

Now, I guess I'd better move this topic to a non-Reiki one Smile
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:42 am

Speaking as someone whose matrix has been fully activated (which might be said Kundalini Awakened or as one possessing Fully Activated Chakras) as long as I can remember (which would be around the pre-school years), I feel that much of what is shared in that article is largely inspirational, helping motivate others to perceive energies in new ways. I might be inclined to associate it to Hawayo Takata's story of Mikao Usui.

Whether or not it's accurate depends on one's perspective in observing energies, and whether or not it's helpful depends on what the individual interested in its information needs to learn.

The word "Chakra" simply means "energy". New Age spiritual communities such as Reiki seem to understand a chakra to be a center of energy internal to and sometimes external to the physical body... the most common known (along with being the easiest to sense) include the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third-Eye, and Crown (which is usually depicted as existing just above the crown of the head).

Colors became attributed to chakras when Annie Besant of the Theosophical Society began to describe them with color... prior to that, the Hindu mystics largely described them through deeply philosophical discussions and the energies they represented. A part of me wants to say that the entire body of Vedic literature is really just about chakra (grin).

Many contemporary illustrations of chakra in the body are inspired by Barbara Brennan's book "Hands of Light".

Along with the Primary Chakras, a "lessor" or "minor" set of chakras is sometimes discussed. Some schools attribute those directly to the endocrine system, some schools attribute them to the major bone joints in the body, and all that I have encountered also include them in the hands and the feet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 pm