Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

When reiki feels really uncomfortable

benjamin17
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

When reiki feels really uncomfortable Empty When reiki feels really uncomfortable

Post by benjamin17 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Hello,

I am very new to Reiki (less than one month since Reiki one) and I just gave myself a 30 min Reiki treatment. When around the area of my head the energy felt really uncomfortable and even gave me a headache. At the same time though, it felt like intuitively my hands needed to stay there (even now I have the urge to continue treating it). The sensation of heat and fire was huge and really uncomfortable.

Is this normal? Could I be doing something wrong? I was told Reiki never does harm, but this felt really uncomfortable at the time. Now I feel pretty spaced out but deeply relaxed at the same time, and have much more clarity in the head.

If this uncomfortable feeling is normal, how do you deal with it when treating others and they react badly? Is there anything that can be done to lesson the symptoms?

Regards,

Benjamin

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

When reiki feels really uncomfortable Empty Re: When reiki feels really uncomfortable

Post by Milarepa Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:16 am

Warm Welcome!

Reiki never does harm. Arrgghhh. not getting at you, but I don't know this!!!! Absence of a fact, occurence, or even and awareness does not mean no-thing exists! Besides, tell it to the organisms Reiki is a catalyst for destroying. Haha!

Sometimes a person can feel symptoms develop that they either never had, or were less severe. It may be such things like toxins. Reiki ain't working like western medicine only. Masking symptoms. It will tackle what needs to be. Which can be symptoms, causes, or both.

Warmest wishes

Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

When reiki feels really uncomfortable Empty Re: When reiki feels really uncomfortable

Post by chi_solas Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Benjamin, Welcome to RLL bounce
    Reiki sessions are usually never the same.
    Each day you have different experiences,
    so the Reiki session should reflect that.
    Always prepare your Reiki environment.
    It should have a relaxed atmosphere and
    it helps to have a little lavender oil
    fragrance some folks use sage. A client
    or friend will experience Reiki different
    than you did as our needs are different.
    When you practice on different people,pets
    or plants you will begin to notice difference. sunny

Keep practicing and remember to also practice
    the 5 precepts every day study When reiki feels really uncomfortable 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:42 pm