Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

How do you know when a Reiki Session is done?

Thaak
    Thaak

How do you know when a Reiki Session is done? Empty How do you know when a Reiki Session is done?

Post by Thaak Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 am

This has always been a question in my mind, so it is one that I have explored internally quite a bit.

For me, sometimes I just feel done. Other times I ask all the spiritual helpers who are at the session, and they will say yes or no, or sometimes ambiguously, "probably, but you might want to see if there is anywhere else heavy you'd like to work." or something such as that.

But lately, something I've noticed, is that whether it is just how long to hold my hands at a particular location, or hold a particular intent, or if the session is totally complete, I find my hands feel stuck to the client (or to my mental image of the client in the case of distant/absent work.) I feel it would take a tremendous act of willpower to move my hands if I wanted to. They literally feel magnetically drawn by an extremely powerful magnet. I can move my hands further away, or imagine them getting further into the patient. But the connection doesn't break. When my hands seem to move away of their own accord later in the session, then at the very least I know I'm done at that location if not done with the entire session.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences with this.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

How do you know when a Reiki Session is done? Empty Re: How do you know when a Reiki Session is done?

Post by chi_solas Mon May 04, 2009 10:48 pm

sunny When I disconnect with the client and a discussion
    around the session has ended, the session is over.

It's a little different than putting something in the oven until
    its cooked or playing a game that keeps score. Basketball Reiki
    energy has its own perks, it's on going even after the formal
    session.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

How do you know when a Reiki Session is done? Empty Re: How do you know when a Reiki Session is done?

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 07, 2009 6:57 pm

I was taught to stay at each hand position for approximately 3 minutes, but that more or less time may be needed depending on the recipient. So while I generally follow that rule, I tend to let my intuition and other factors (what I'm feeling/sensing) also guide me. I have noticed that with some people, I don't feel like I need to send Reiki for as long because they draw in the energy well.
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am

I tend to go on intuition but I don't ever feel like it's very strong. However, even when I feel like I'm just making a guess, I often find that there's some kind of logic behind what I've done. Maybe I'm just not trusting my intuition enough or maybe I just need more practice.

Andy, it sounds as if you don't have any need for guesswork! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 am