Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Usui's Memorial Stone

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Usui's Memorial Stone Empty Usui's Memorial Stone

Post by LightBody Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm

What are the dimensions of Usui's Memorial Stone?

What was the original cost of creating the stone?

Who paid for it?

When was it erected?

Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Usui's Memorial Stone Empty Re: Usui's Memorial Stone

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 pm

i have no idea - i'm curious if you are wanting to create a replica? (just kidding)
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 pm

LightBody wrote:What are the dimensions of Usui's Memorial Stone?

What was the original cost of creating the stone?

Who paid for it?

When was it erected?

Hi Buck

I visited the Usui memorial stone when I went to Japan in 2008 but I didn't have my tape measure with me! Wink

According to reiki.org "The memorial stone is about 10 feet tall and 4 feet wide. " which I would agree with. Smile

I don't know how much it cost but it was apparently erected by a group of Usui's students (probably the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai in or after February 1927), and possibly against the wishes of Usui's family because it was erected on the family plot).

On the inscription itself, according to the translation provided on James Deacon's site:

Lately, many students came together and decided to erect this memorial in the graveyard at Saihoji Temple in the Toyotama district to honour his benevolence, and to spread the Spiritual Method to the people in the future. I was asked to write these words.

As I deeply appreciate his work and am pleased with the very friendly teacher-disciple relationships among fellow students, I could not refuse the request, and I wrote this summary in the hope that people will be reminded to look up to him with reverence.

Composed by: Masayuki Okada, Doctor of Literature - subordinate 3rd rank, 3rd Order
    of Merit.
    Calligraphy by: Navy Rear Admiral Juzaburo Ushida - subordinate 4th rank, 3rd Order of Merit, distinguished service 4th class.

February, the 2nd year of Showa (1927 A.
    D.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:38 pm