Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
Reikijim
Bruce
Shakti ~ Rising
Thaak
Milarepa
chi_solas
Pandora
11 posters

What am I doing?

Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

What am I doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: What am I doing?

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:31 am

*pouts*
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:so what does the whole word REIKI mean to you ?

The word Reiki for me represents a system that uses ULFE.
    That is the natural air that we breath to stay alive. We
    take our first breath by ourselves when the DR smacks us at
    birth. what a way to be welcomed into the world sunny

Penelope Jewell breaks the word down to

Rei = ULFE - brought through
    ki = Personal energy - for the purpose of healing

I like the way she interprets the Japanese Rei characters
    The first character REI is rain under the heavens
    2nd characters that's the 3 little little squares
    represents praying And the 3rd character is magic
    under heaven the energy comes down to earth. She is
    more detailed

The Ki characters 3 lines are clouds absorbed by earth
    the long heavy line represents tree and grass growing up
    through the earth, the cross with 4 dots represents the
    farmers seeds with harvest-sheaf. Like I say she goes into
    more detail around the characters.

ooh what lovely visuals!!
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:51 am

For me, "Reiki" means the love of God.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 am

JohnC wrote:For me, "Reiki" means the love of God.

Hi John,

For me..

Reiki means....compassion....the purest form of love i can identify...I do think the origin to be divine also....funny thing that, how our limited perceptions have a need for points of origin.

Wink RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 am

Blasphemy! lol! .
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:01 am

Milarepa wrote:Blasphemy! lol! .

Yeah...I know Wayne...It`s how one defines God that leads to inaccuracies in the perception of what I`ve said...lol

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 am

Hehe, my post was in response to John. You & I posted at the same time!

Hang on, i'll go use HSZSN to affect what actualy happened in the past, so i will have actually posted minutes before you!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Chris, Wayne, Andy, Bridget, John, RJ, VJ, James, Shakti... hi all Smile

my feeling, that reiki is certainly quite different from rei+ki Smile stems from the feeling that butterfly is quite different from a fly on butter Smile

reiki, in the way how my perception so far finds it, is a personalized spirituality signature of Usui Sensei, that lends us a 'trigger' to find ours!

what was bestowed upon Usui was not in vogue before him (my personal feeling)... i m not talking about spiritual culture, rituals, spirituality rather i m talking about reiki manifestation of mount kurana... even Usui did not previously have a clue to what in the end was showered upon him... the reiki !

reiki may be best seen as not a response, but it is a way to illicit a response within us and from within us (thanks for the phrase Wayne) Smile i didnt find it working that reiki envelopes us from outside, rather i found it more focal to feel that reiki springs from within us... it ignites our spark, it stimulates our spiritual signature... it catalyzes the process, and by the way, a catalyst is never used up in the process... once the things have been set 'in motion' a catalyst moves ahead to find initiating a next string of reactions/processes, and so on, to ad inifinitum !

Probably Andy said that reiki and other systems, and other way round, other systems and reiki work in synergy... and there is a point in this Smile

a very intriguing question Chris "what i m doing when i m doing reiki"... seeking answers to questions like this, might lead somebody in blissful mindful moment of 'being'... an expression that talks about present.. talks about links to what is ever-present... divine... spirituality... whatever names we may allocate to that feeling out of our own dictionary of phrases and terms...

Wayne says when i do QT, i do QT, when i do Kuji in, i do that... but Andy also rightly says that when i do QT, i cannot do it in isolation... i borrow things from within myself, from my creation, from my presence, from my being to affect something called QT... thus, reiki, or QT, or Qigong, or paranyama, and all of em do parallell with a thin veil of realization, which we dont have to lift, if we want to keep doing what we were doing...

perception is unison, is a merger of knowledges as we go along... what we were taught in reiki, and what we were taught in spiritual healing, stay compartmentalized in their respective spheres till we allow them to... while shaping our perception, and our realities, we soon have no choice but let all things merge, let all pictures mingle with each other, giving rise to a 'unified' impression of the whole universe as an organism... but with details containing bits and pieces of all what they were composed with initially.... it is hell lot a mystery, but equally a hell lot confusion... a confusion that stays central to many body of knowledges... since once confusion gone, knowledges merge... and we leap to unification where reiki is parallel to spirituality, spirituality is parallel to healing, healing is parallel to love, love is parallel to help, and help is parallel to god himself... whats a confusion and whats a unification Smile Smile

oh, i confused myself again :)beg leave therefore!

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:22 am