Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Reiki for drug addiction

Jaz_AU
    Jaz_AU
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Reiki for drug addiction Empty Reiki for drug addiction

Post by Jaz_AU Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi all,

I am currently sending distance reiki to a friend interstate who is getting through a relapse... He says he can feel it, so I hope it's working.

I've been practicing for 3 months and have my Level 2 and this is the first proper distance reiki I've given. I've been using a small pillow as a surrogate, imagining a rainbow connecting me to my friend, then beginning with the distance symbol and incorporating CKR and SHK as well. I have mostly been working on the third eye, with a hand on his third eye and a hand behind his head, and the heart chakra. Have done a couple of full-body chakra works, too.

Any tips for specific methods to help with drug addiction?

Light and love,
    Jaz
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki for drug addiction Empty Re: Reiki for drug addiction

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:38 pm

hiya,

That the person has a few treatments and thinks seriously about getting trained in level 1 themselves. Supplementing drug use for the feel good feeling of Reiki may alleviate ones cravings some. If the person is able to replace the habit of drug use for Reiki, it can also help.

IMO, it's is much better that the client takes a more conscious active role in their addiction treatment that only lying down to receive a treatment another is giving.

To be honest, I went down the route of my own advice. Even doing self-treatments for up to three hours a day. I also had the support of many people worldwide, and lots of resources locally and via the internet. While this really was a game changer, in that it had gave a real chance, there were still many relapses.

And understanding of Reiki, and addiction, from both the practitioner, but most importantly the client, is essential. Things like relapsing can be hard on ones guilt. Particularly if they become involved in things like Reiki professionally. The guilt though may bring about further relapses. As drugs is what ones assumes makes them happy, so their brain will desire it.

All experiences vary, so my own experience is definitely not definitive. Please keep us informed if you and the client is willing.

warmest wishes

Wayne

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:47 pm