Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement

Work in progress
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement Empty I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement

Post by Work in progress Sat May 04, 2013 7:28 am

Hi everyone.

Nice to meet you

My Question : Is it true you need certificates to go to meet-ups in London for example or no-one will accept you, allow you to join in the healings even if its hands off healing?

I had a level 1 Reiki attunement from a master in Belgium (though he was from Eastern Europe) i don't remember his name or the lady who introduced us.

I recieved attunment and have used 'Reiki' or Chi to heal the body and mind on numerous occasions especially when things were so serious I couldn't do other activities like I was ill or intoxicated or worried about circumstances beyond my control.

Reiki works, I am convinced.

I have no certificates though and most 'meet-ups' require that you have certificates.

I am interested to develop this natural ability that all humans have, and use it more in life, and become good at it, as its valuable to be able to help others what a nice gift......"here we are together, may I offer you a healing Reiki experience?" Beautiful.....

This is my first post here. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adam sunny
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement Empty Re: I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement

Post by LightBody Sat May 04, 2013 8:05 am

Hi Adam, welcome.

Certificates are one way of proving one has had some sort of Reiki training... but even then, not all certificates are accepted with equal recognition.

Instant-Attunement distance certificates bear the least amount of respect within the greater Reiki community, especially among those who practice in person.

The reason for this is because the certificate bearer has no proof that they have had in-person training, and sometimes that disrupts the harmony of the group.

From a spiritual perspective, your attunements were completely valid, but when it comes to proving that in the real world, well, that's another matter altogether.

There are others here who live in the UK and they may be able to offer a more direct answer to your question.

Work in progress
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement Empty Re: I didn't recieve any certificate's during my level 1 attunement

Post by Work in progress Sat May 04, 2013 1:19 pm

My Attunement was in person. Though not really hands on, though he did symbols and stuff like that, I think there were 3 sets of rituals with little breaks in between.

I have not really had much experience in the world of 'alternative medicine' I find it noteworthy that it seems rather difficult to just tune in, not to the Reiki energy itself, but the community shows barriers to entry even for new comers. It seems like if you want to practice Reiki you'll need to have at least £100 to get the ball rolling (1st level training). Crikey, this healing game ain't for the poor is it?

Then once you've stumped up the cash then you can join in with the elite who have had atttunements and also stumped up the required amound of cash.

I have been doing Yoga and mantra meditation for 8 years and like to work with energy. The reason I joined this forum was because I really wanted to see how to be associate with those who also like working with energy (at meet-ups for instance).

I am confused about whether there are any Reiki events on can attend to feel the vibe of these events, maybe recieve some healing, offer others healing even I don't have certificates?

Thanks for your help in answering my questions

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat May 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Work in progress wrote:My Attunement was in person. Though not really hands on, though he did symbols and stuff like that, I think there were 3 sets of rituals with little breaks in between.

That's great. I prefer in-person attunements for initial training, and then am open as to whether or not they are continued to be experienced in person, or distance.

But learning in-person has a tremendous degree of value that distance does not.

Work in progress wrote:I have not really had much experience in the world of 'alternative medicine' I find it noteworthy that it seems rather difficult to just tune in, not to the Reiki energy itself, but the community shows barriers to entry even for new comers. It seems like if you want to practice Reiki you'll need to have at least £100 to get the ball rolling (1st level training). Crikey, this healing game ain't for the poor is it?

The Western founder, Hawayo Takata, charged $10,000 for the Reiki Master attunement, which is the equivalent of $56,000 today.

Professional Reiki has never been easy on the wallet.

Work in progress wrote:Then once you've stumped up the cash then you can join in with the elite who have had atttunements and also stumped up the required amound of cash.

Sometimes. I understand it can seem like that, but even after one receives all of the initial attunements through the Master level, financial success is not guaranteed.

There is a tremendous amount of backstabbing within the Professional Reiki because of the reason you alluded to: competition.

Work in progress wrote:I have been doing Yoga and mantra meditation for 8 years and like to work with energy. The reason I joined this forum was because I really wanted to see how to be associate with those who also like working with energy (at meet-ups for instance).

RLL is the largest and most popular Reiki forum at present. A wide array of Reiki healers and practitioners of others styles have joined, mostly to meet individuals like you and hold interesting discussions.

;-)

Work in progress wrote:I am confused about whether there are any Reiki events on can attend to feel the vibe of these events, maybe recieve some healing, offer others healing even I don't have certificates?

That depends on where you are and what the groups in your area require as prerequisites.

There are free online Reiki communities, but they seem to come and go... and they are also very click'ish. Try searching for "free reiki attunements" or "free reiki communities" or something along that line. It's been some years since I have done that type of search, so I'm not entirely certain which one's have disappeared and what new ones have appeared.

It seems to me you find Reiki appealing because of the general healthy energies that you have sensed about it, and on a much greater universal scale that's where things are... but the unfortunate reality is that when those higher energies manifest on our plane of reality, they do so in a variety of vibrations that sometimes do not believe they are harmonious with each other. Sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.

Work in progress wrote:Thanks for your help in answering my questions.

That's my pleasure, and what I've shared is only relevant to my personal experiences and present-day opinion. My opinions change as I learn new things, and that's one of the things I like about this forum.

I'm looking forward to the replies of others who share viewpoints different than my own.
    ;-)

Kiyo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:49 am