Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Carina_NZ
slimmist
6 posters

I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions

slimmist
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions Empty I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions

Post by slimmist Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 am

A week ago I got my gold reiki attunement and I felt a surge of energy and a pressure that forced my eyes to close and twitch.I want to know what I should be trying to feel during my self healing reiki sessions. Usually I try to feel love when I'm healing myself, but now I realize that I'm just using a mixture of depression and lust when I do. Is that love? It's like the feeling when you don't want to let go of someone you care about. And I have only felt a tingly sensation in my hands, which is most likely blood having a hard time circulating through my hands. If you have any tips for me to improve my reiki performance please give me some.
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions Empty Re: I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:59 am

Welcome to the reiki path, it's wonderful to have you join us Smile

have you spoken to the person who attuned you about your feelings? they are often the first point of call.

Reiki will do all the work for you, so there is no need for you to 'try' to feel anything. your part in the healing is to simply allow it to flow whereever it wants to go, and sort of 'observe' it.

however, i have worked with some people that find it hard to do that and need somethign to focus their attention. if this sounds like you, then before you begin imagine tree roots growing out of your feet and goign into the earth for a full minute (or longer if you like) then take your thoughts to the top of your head and imagine pure white light lightly flowing down into your head and through all your chakras to the roots in your feet. then you can take notice of how it branches off at your shoulders and flows down your arms and out your hands - that is the reiki that you can watch as you apply it to yourself and others.

let us know how you get on Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions Empty Re: I can feel attunements, but not feel reiki sessions

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:08 pm

hi Slimmist Smile

welcome to the Lounge, and to the wonderful world of Reiki.

After your initiation, you would experience many things, and i suppose you already are Smile

it is quite difficult, frankly, to 'try' to feel love... if it is there, you will already be feeling it Smile

Depression and Lust during reiki self-healing sessions ? i guess both things are welcome... these are steps you take while traveling the path. Depression will not last, it will transform into happiness soon, Lust will not be uncomfortable soon, it will transform into compassion. but if you try to weed out depression or lust instead of transforming them, you might be going against the tide, and might feel little better off.

please also note that when you are self-treating, you are meditating too... so many things that suddenly appear to surface are not entirely due to reiki, but due to the fact that you are also doing a meditation during your reiki sessions...

please note that every experience and every event is precious and is valuable. Negative things often provide us opportunity to turn them positive... a vacuum is more horrifying than being horrified by negative things..

silence kills ! keep talking to yourself ! Smile

take care
    Salman
    farnbluete

Post by farnbluete Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am

Well, Slimmest, Gold Reiki is not the same as Usui Reiki. Normally People feel Relaxation and an Uplifting - so, yes it is a good choice if you are suffering from Depression BUT Gold Reiki have as an Prerequisite Attunement into Kundalini Reiki 1-3; both systems are from Founder Ole Gabrielsen.
    Gold Reiki 1-3 is the older Name for what Ole calles now Golden Light.

I think you should speak seriously with your Teacher about this!

greetings
    susanne
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:24 am

You may not feel anything at all. During a cloudy day you may not feel the sun's energy like you would on a sunny day, but you know that you're receiving the sun's energy don't you?

Reiki is the same thing, pretty similar energy with the except that reiki energy or universal energy or God's energy has thought behind it.
    Aeracura
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Aeracura Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Try to feel the warmth from your hands - sometimes the ego likes to analyze what's happening (perhaps this is why you think you feel depressed and lust?) Try to silence your mind and just feel the Reiki. It's truly amazing when you allow yourself to ! beat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm