Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+10
Pandora
o0wabi-sabi0o
fshortt
Colin
thehungrycaterpillar
Dragonfly
chi_solas
Thaak
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
14 posters

concerning 'ULE'...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

concerning 'ULE'... Empty concerning 'ULE'...

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 pm

So,
    if ULE - Universal Life(force) Energy - is, as the name implies, Universal (i.e All-pervading; Existing or prevailing everywhere) why would anyone need to 'channel' it from somewhere to somewhere else?

Shocked
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

concerning 'ULE'... Empty Re: concerning 'ULE'...

Post by Milarepa Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi James,
    Good point. ULE must be a part of me also, and i a part of the larger IT. Why the need for something to enter me that is already within me.

Another thing. If it's ULE we are using, how does that fit in with things we are meant to be 'protecting' ourself against? These 'negative energies' must also be ULE. The very thing we are 'channeling'? Hmm.

Take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 am

That is why I think many who have been on the energy work path for quite some time now (and I think the speed at which this realization happens is accelerating exponentially) feel that it is more effective to just sit with the energy with the intent to realize one's own divinity.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 am

Definitely with you on this Andy. Perhaps James was alluding to this (not trying to put words in his mouth, hehe), but when we constantly look to something outside of us, as many of us are taught in Reiki, i.e. 'channeling ULE, which enters the crown, etc', we are in fact ignoring, or, not knowing the existence, of that sacred aspect that is a part of (and within) all humans.

Perhaps when we see that the magic of the universe is not something outside of us, but an integral part of inside of us, it puts a slightly different 'slant' on things?

Take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 am

yeah, that makes sense. I do find it fascinating though, the evolution of our belief system as it pertains to Reiki and how/why it works (or why it might not for certain clients). I mean just a few years ago, I would have told you I was channeling an energy separate from myself.

I think what is happening is that the separation consciousness is dissolving.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:34 am

Thaak wrote:...I mean just a few years ago, I would have told you I was channeling an energy separate from myself.

With you on this again bro. I would've been the same, for sure.

Thaak wrote:
    I think what is happening is that the separation consciousness is dissolving.

Yeah, it sure looks that way. A big part of it also, is us all being able to share views, and kinda 'bounce' ideas/concepts of each other. We all learn from each other, and if one person has that 'aha' moment, and feels like sharing it, on platforms such as forums even, the bigger the 'ripples' may get, hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Yeah, it sure looks that way. A big part of it also, is us all being able to share views, and kinda 'bounce' ideas/concepts of each other. We all learn from each other, and if one person has that 'aha' moment, and feels like sharing it, on platforms such as forums even, the bigger the 'ripples' may get, hehe.

take care
    Wayne

Yes, a evolutionary manifestation of the butterfly effect.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 am

I never considered my self channeling ULE
    I do refer to myself as a facilitator of
    ULE sunny
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:47 pm

chi_solas wrote:I never considered my self channeling ULE
    ULE sunny

Yes, that is a good way to put it. And whether you use the term ULE or sitting with your own divinity, it ultimately results in the same effect.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Thaak wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:I never considered my self channeling ULE
    ULE sunny

Yes, that is a good way to put it. And whether you use the term ULE or sitting with your own divinity, it ultimately results in the same effect.

Not disagreeing with you Andy, though, when my own perspective shifted from ULE, to an expereince specifically from & including the divine, my spirituality deepened. In hindsight, fwiw, imo, this is to be expected when one regards the expereince of Reiki in many ways as 'touching' a small part of God. :-) .

take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 am

God seems to be a symbol/creator created by folks who wrote the bible.When I am practicing Reiki there is no God symbol involved just the Universe. God has been embedded in my thinking through organized religion.When the time came for me to find a Healing,I have just realized God was not called upon. I was drawn to a different force that worked and I gained a spirituality that I was unaware had always existed within me. sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 am

Hi Bridget,
    I understand what you're saying, :-). 'God' though is only a three letter word that describes the force that created all things. Most definitely not 'owned' by Christianity. In Arabic, the word 'Allah' is used, in France the word 'Dieu'.

Likewise, all religions are instructional paths as to how to expereince this creative force. Just like different cultures prepare meals in different ways, they also have different ways of interacting with the divine.

I personally use the word God, as after all, it's only another descriptive word in the english language. And really, God, creative force, whatever, existed long, long before religion did, or even thes planet did.

Hehe, even atheists can't get around this either. Anyone interested even fleetingly in science, may know, that in quantum physics, in essence, God is called 'Zero point/point of creation'. Merely different names for the one thing. :-)

take care

Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Milarepa wrote:Hi Bridget,
    I understand what you're saying, :-). 'God' though is only a three letter word that describes the force that created all things. Most definitely not 'owned' by Christianity. In Arabic, the word 'Allah' is used, in France the word 'Dieu'.

Likewise, all religions are instructional paths as to how to expereince this creative force. Just like different cultures prepare meals in different ways, they also have different ways of interacting with the divine.

I personally use the word God, as after all, it's only another descriptive word in the english language. And really, God, creative force, whatever, existed long, long before religion did, or even thes planet did.

Hehe, even atheists can't get around this either. Anyone interested even fleetingly in science, may know, that in quantum physics, in essence, God is called 'Zero point/point of creation'. Merely different names for the one thing. :-)

take care

Wayne

How do we know that this GOD was here before religion/planets; its sorta "they said," Who has proof of that. My nine year old grandson asked me the same question about GOD that I asked myda many years ago. I was stunned that this child had the same thought at his young age that I also had when I was 9. "how did GOD come into being" I told him exactly what myda told me, " great scientist have been trying to find the answer to that question for centuries. Some have gone mad trying to find the answer" I can tell ya that I stopped trying to find the answer to that question. It appears to me that I may have to reach a higher plane level to unlock the mystery of who this GOD is and its just possible that within me the power of my self healing holds more answers than I realize. sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi Bridget,

chi_solas wrote:
    How do we know that this GOD was here before religion/planets; its sorta "they said," Who has proof of that.

'This God', any God, any religion, is only a different path to the same grocery store.

Before you even heard Reiki existed, or anything like it, just because you never experienced it at that point, did that mean Reiki never existed? Of course not. Likewise, someone who hasn't expereinced this creative force, or doesn't recoqnise it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, :-) .

Your gonna know this already Bridget, within spirituality, 'proof' is sometimes hard to show to another. We are discussing something here, that is essentially, a personal expereince. Some will interpret it in different ways, as is their right, though this doesn't mean the creative force doesn't exist.

It is even hard to 'prove' that Reiki works. A person must experience it to fully appreciate it. See my point?

You use the term ULE. What is that? I can't see anything called ULE. So how can you prove it exists? (Rhetorical). ULE is term conjured up a few years ago. And because it is in common usage, does not mean it is a correct exact term to describe everything.

IMO, fwiw, ULE is an outward manifestation of what God has put in motion. Per physics, for something to be in motion, something must put it in motion. Evolution, which has quite obviously an intelligence, is another outward manifestation of God. In fact, the wind blowing in the trees, a flower opening it's petals, these are signs of God also. The creative force is everywhere, but it's too much newtonian, too much un-spiritual, imo, to call this fantastic force ULE. :-) .

Besides, like i already said, quantum physics agrees on the creative force, they just call it by another name.

chi_solas wrote:
    My nine year old grandson asked me the same question about GOD that I asked myda many years ago. I was stunned that this child had the same thought at his young age that I also had when I was 9. "how did GOD come into being" I told him exactly what myda told me, " great scientist have been trying to find the answer to that question for centuries. Some have gone mad trying to find the answer"

Yeah, this is a big question. We use our own experience of creation to try to understand that which created all things. Our minds just arn't at the same level of understanding, hehe.

chi_solas wrote:
    ...and its just possible that within me the power of my self healing holds more answers than I realize. sunny

Most definitely, all we need is within us. :-) .

take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Living on this planet earth your first life experience is
    the breath of life called a miracle by some.Living here in
    New England one of the few places in the world to have a
    complete 4 seasons. You can witness ULE; Spring represent
    birth, Summer full growth, Autumn brings a vision of what
    happens when the planet earth moves futher away from the sun
    and vegetation dies off. Winter is a hibernation time until
    the earth's sun returns high in the sky to rejuvenate life.

Milarepa as you mentioned ULE has always been around. Usui
    created the Reiki system with rituals to bring awareness to
    this energy that we do not use to its highest level within
    our own innate healing system.

It seems to me that in the begining if there ever was one?
    people worshiped the sun and knew the rains were needed to
    enhance this life's energy so people began to create their
    own interpretation of ULE through Gods,sacrifices, & other
    rituals.I believe the days of the week and months of the year
    represent some of these Gods. There are different Gods that
    many people worship and believe in. Christianity claims only
    one God. Pagan's believe in many Gods. Here in the US we have
    a very diverse population from around the world that I would
    venture to say that many do not believe in a God, others believe
    in many Gods, some believe in one God only. some don't have an
    opinion. There you go that's a good poll topic sunny

Last edited by chi_solas on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 pm

I see you're points, for sure. I'm not gonna attempt to defend any religion in our chat, hehe. Though, Any God, all God's, are only aspects of the one whole. The creative force that gave birth to all.

Ultimately, it's not important whether a person beleives in one God, or many God's. It is, after all, just different recipes to taste food.

Whenever a religion professes that their way, is the only way, this is where it all starts to be silly, and ego kicks in. This invariably can lead to the religion alientating people, and even automatically taking an opposing stance to it. When really, the problem stemmed from humanities ego & greed. And has nothing to do with the creative force.

take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:57 am

Milarepa wrote:I see you're points, for sure. I'm not gonna attempt to defend any religion in our chat, hehe. Though, Any God, all God's, are only aspects of the one whole. The creative force that gave birth to all.

Ultimately, it's not important whether a person beleives in one God, or many God's. It is, after all, just different recipes to taste food.

Whenever a religion professes that their way, is the only way, this is where it all starts to be silly, and ego kicks in. This invariably can lead to the religion alientating people, and even automatically taking an opposing stance to it. When really, the problem stemmed from humanities ego & greed. And has nothing to do with the creative force.

take care
    Wayne

If ULFE is in question among Energy healers
    that Reiki is/not God driven it does need to be
    acknowledged. Churches reject Reiki while many
    hospitals are beginning to embrace it. I know
    many religious folks who reject Reiki and I also
    know many folks who are torn between their churches
    philosophy being against Reiki and their own personal
    experience as RMT's. Out there in the Reiki world there
    are promotional issues that does not support all Reiki
    Practitioners.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:35 am

chi_solas wrote:God seems to be a symbol/creator created by folks who wrote the bible.When I am practicing Reiki there is no God symbol involved just the Universe. God has been embedded in my thinking through organized religion.When the time came for me to find a Healing,I have just realized God was not called upon. I was drawn to a different force that worked and I gained a spirituality that I was unaware had always existed within me. sunny

Good point Bridget. But when I use the term Divine, I am not refering necessarily to a dogmatic God, but rather the divine spark of life that is within us, around us, and suffusing all that exists. To me, divinity and ULE is synonymous.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am

chi_solas wrote:
    How do we know that this GOD was here before religion/planets; its sorta "they said," Who has proof of that. My nine year old grandson asked me the same question about GOD that I asked myda many years ago. I was stunned that this child had the same thought at his young age that I also had when I was 9. "how did GOD come into being" I told him exactly what myda told me, " great scientist have been trying to find the answer to that question for centuries. Some have gone mad trying to find the answer" I can tell ya that I stopped trying to find the answer to that question. It appears to me that I may have to reach a higher plane level to unlock the mystery of who this GOD is and its just possible that within me the power of my self healing holds more answers than I realize. sunny

Would you agree that ULE has always been in existence? If you do, then its only by faith that you can say so, because it cannot be scientifically proven... yet.

ergo...
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:22 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Practitioners.

I think the disconnect in communication between us here, is that you immediately tie the word "God" to "Church."

I don't. I don't believe the Church has anything to actually do with God at all. But rather has everything to do with exploiting the word God to gain their own power. But that is my own prejudice and another topic all together.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:55 am

Thaak wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:God seems to be a symbol/creator created by folks who wrote the bible.When I am practicing Reiki there is no God symbol involved just the Universe. God has been embedded in my thinking through organized religion.When the time came for me to find a Healing,I have just realized God was not called upon. I was drawn to a different force that worked and I gained a spirituality that I was unaware had always existed within me. sunny

Good point Bridget. But when I use the term Divine, I am not refering necessarily to a dogmatic God, but rather the divine spark of life that is within us, around us, and suffusing all that exists. To me, divinity and ULE is synonymous.

It then comes down to articulation. sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am

Thaak wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Would you agree that ULE has always been in existence? If you do, then its only by faith that you can say so, because it cannot be scientifically proven... yet.

ergo...

Good point flower
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:08 am

Thaak wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Practitioners.

I think the disconnect in communication between us here, is that you immediately tie the word "God" to "Church."

I don't. I don't believe the Church has anything to actually do with God at all. But rather has everything to do with exploiting the word God to gain their own power. But that is my own prejudice and another topic all together.

I had not made the exploiting connection between Church/God. scratch
    I have thought more along the lines of the Church brain washing
    as in, "the fear of God" Rolling Eyes
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:39 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    I had not made the exploiting connection between Church/God. scratch
    I have thought more along the lines of the Church brain washing
    as in, "the fear of God" Rolling Eyes

what does that "brainwashing" get the church? By having droves of brainwashed folks following their will and whim (this was much more prevalent during the Dark Ages when the common person didn't know how to read... indeed it was illegal for a time for someone to even own a copy of the Bible) the church gains power.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Reading the printed word can be powerful.

Missionaries "Cross & Passion" order that I
    grew up under were very persuavive preaching
    the word of God. Twisted Evil We were pigeonholed
    into communities being them/us. ULE was always
    there but spoken in the name of a God to fear,
    where only chosen ones were healed through miracles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:03 am