Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
AlienProgeny
6 posters

Active or Passive

AlienProgeny
    AlienProgeny
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Active or Passive Empty Active or Passive

Post by AlienProgeny Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:23 am

Hi again,
    I have a question for everyone. I have been thinking for some time about some of the things I have been told in the many Reiki classes I attended. The main one is the belief that Reiki is "intelligent energy". My original teacher told me that I just have to "let it happen", that "Reiki will go where it is most needed". This I would call a passive treatment.
    Later on in my Reiki study, I read a book mentioning the interview section of the Hikkei. In the interview, Usui talks many times about treating specific areas of complaint. "If brain disease occurs, I treat the head. If it's a stomachache, I treat the stomach. If it is eye disease, I treat the eyes." This would be an example of Active treatment in my opinion.
    Since reading that book, I decided to take the chance to experiment a little.
    When giving a treatment, I would treat one client with the "Hayashi Hand Positions". The next client, I would use the first five positions, treating the head and then concentrate on the area of complaint. The next client, I would use the "Hayashi Positions" and then treat the area of complaint. With each treatment in this round I would "just let it happen". By taking these three different approaches during a treatment I was trying to rule out any opinions I may have formed through reading as to a "right method".
    I then took the chance with another round of three treatments. I used the same routine, but this time I put in some intent on treating the client for their complaints.
    I should mention that both rounds were done on the same three clients and a week apart. After each treatment, I conducted a brief interview of the client as to any differences they noticed during the treatments. Each client recieved two treatments, one "Passive", one "Active". After a week I gave each a third interview asking how they felt about each treatment once again, but in hindsight.
    What they reported to me was very interesting. Each client said that the second treatment (active) was more "powerful/intense/sensational" (their words),
    One lady, a regular, said that she noticed that after the second treatment, she noticed that the pain in her knee was gone. Usually she said the pain would be lessened a lot, but still there. This client recieved the "Hayashi Position" treatments.
    A gentleman who was coming for his high blood pressure and trouble sleeping said that the first treatment (passive) he would feel very relaxed. The second (active) he fell asleep, which is something he had never done before during a treatment. This client was treated with the "Hayashi Positions" and then the area of complaint. In this case, I treated both the back of his head for the insomnia and returned to the head/heart/stomach/intestines (tanden) for the high blood pressure.
    The third is a lady who came for her arthritic hands. She recieved the five head positions and then I treated each of her hands. She reported that after the passive treatment she felt no pain for a day or so. after the second (active) treatment, she had no pain for the whole week! She even thought about calling to cancel her appointment, but decide not to since she enjoys getting treated so much, and usually looks forward to it each week.
    My questions are: Does any one else ever try anything like this? If so, what are your results? I would really enjoy hearing peoples results.
    I am sorry to say that these three were my last clients before I moved to Pennsylvania from Wisconsin. I haven't started a practice here yet (only been here about 2 months), but hope to continue the experiment once I do.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Active or Passive Empty Re: Active or Passive

Post by Milarepa Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:10 am

I've no stories to share like your's, Smile . I don't see Reiki as being intelligent, in the way folks usually use the term anyhow. There wouldn't be a need for any hand placements, or Byosen, and especially Reiji ho.

i've always found a few minutes treating a toothache locally, will take the pain away. i've never tried it, but i doubt the same result would happen if i applied Reiki to the big toe for a toothache. Or maybe, it'd take quite soem time, which is no use for the client.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:23 pm

It's interesting to hear of your experiment. I've not actually done such an experiment (I don't have enough clients yet!), but maybe I can say what I do.

I do the hand positions. Many of my clients tell me I have more than two hands! I also do other positions which I feel drawn to. I always do the joints (which don't feature in the hand positions I was taught - elbow and wrist, for example). Sometimes I do things because I've been told to (I'm one of those who work with guides, and so I know I'm in the minority here): sometimes I get told to stand back and send Reiki to the client on the table and let the guides do the work. My feedback is always good - but let me tell you something that happend last week.

While giving Reiki tasters at a charity do, one woman asked to try Reiki as she'd never had it before. She'd scalded her foot, and so I concentrated on this foot and felt lots of energy coming off it, and received plenty of hibiki. She, however, said she was disappointed because she felt nothing. Another woman who had plenty of physical problems came and this time I felt nothing much, maybe some heat through my hands, that's about it. She, however, told me she felt as if she was being lifted out of her problems and taken to a place without pain, which she described as heaven. Both of these ladies received Reiki through the feet, one position for 15 minutes. I'm not even going to try to explain the difference in experience - anyone else want to have a go?
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 am

dear pandora,

realy nice see your such wonderfull experiences. I have hundered of experiences with me if i am going to explain than its lot of time but i have less time. I tell you with my experience whatever experience one got at the time of healing is not neccessary other person get same because there is lot of factor which effect healing like environment,clint karma etc.... but result have lot of chance to same but some got in one sitting and someone got in two and three.... so if i said it is not happend with everybody at the time of healing i feel it is right.

One good thing in you which i see to quersity to knew the thing or awareness to judge the movment what is going and that is excillent and it is key factor to become good healer and i feel your going right direction.

Keep it up

take care
    vj
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:01 am

vijaybali wrote:dear pandora,

realy nice see your such wonderfull experiences. I have hundered of experiences with me if i am going to explain than its lot of time but i have less time. I tell you with my experience whatever experience one got at the time of healing is not neccessary other person get same because there is lot of factor which effect healing like environment,clint karma etc.... but result have lot of chance to same but some got in one sitting and someone got in two and three.... so if i said it is not happend with everybody at the time of healing i feel it is right.

One good thing in you which i see to quersity to knew the thing or awareness to judge the movment what is going and that is excillent and it is key factor to become good healer and i feel your going right direction.

Keep it up

take care
    vj

Bless you Vijay! Active or Passive 307123
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:12 am

I generally do a mix of hand positions and treating the area(s) in question. I believe the whole body can benefit from a full Reiki treatment, but if I don't have time to do a full treatment, or something tells me I should focus more attention on certain areas, I go with that approach.

Like Pandora, I also treat areas that are not specified in the hand positions.

I have not done an active experiment as you (AlienProgeny) have described but I think the more I work professionally as a Reiki practitioner, the less attached I am to there being only one correct process or approach. A lot of it depends on the circumstances and the client. For example, I work on children and there is no way a young child will lie down for a full Reiki treatment.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 pm

AlienProgeny wrote:Hi again,
    I have a question for everyone. The main one is the belief that Reiki is "intelligent energy". My original teacher told me that I just have to "let it happen", that "Reiki will go where it is most needed". This I would call a passive treatment.

If it's a stomachache, I treat the stomach. If it is eye disease, I treat the eyes." This would be an example of Active treatment in my opinion.

My questions are: Does any one else ever try anything like this? If so, what are your results?

hi Smile

giving my take on this, i've to say that everybody has a different healing potential (talking of practitioners) and equally every receipient has a specific receptive response to reiki... its hard to generalize or to compare two experiences, saying generally again Smile

after my attunement in level one, i had a great compassion of treating everyone i find in some suffering.. freinds, kids, elderly, family members, and alike... and over time, i tested both what you say 'active' treatments as well as passive treatments... i might be able to explain what i have felt so far Smile

we logically are drifted to active treatments... if somebody comes to you for toothache, you naturally and instintively give that buddy a reiki treatment for the first and immediate treatement of toothache, rest aside... and this is more akin to human psychology instead of a matter of choice per se...

but sometimes we feel this 'human psychology' thing starts working wrong... when we are carried away by our 'self-imposed' responsiblity to heal that buddy, which eventually we are not doing ever... here we find suggestion to adopt something called 'passive treatment' and we are told to let reiki go where it needs... but this whole phrase could be a big misnomer... being passive is quite totally different from being non-participative... being passive means that we dont interfere, that we surrender to what is going on itself... that we flow with reiki flow.. it is different from 'losing sight' or losing attention...etc... while people say that after the connection has been established, it is safe (or even advisable) to detach from the process, i dont find pleasure doing so... being detached often results in being losing the compassion... and what i feel during treatmetns is that compassion is even bigger element of success than the so-called 'strenght' of reiki flow....

if you have compassion, you have ample reiki... so simple Smile

i remind treating an elderly lady having parkinson dating back to some 10 or more years... while treating her, i had a wonderful experience... a feeling of diffusing of boundaries, a feeling of melting of existence... like i was her, she was me, we were universe, we were reiki... universe was one... reiki, and just reiki... no burden of incoming reiki, no burden of flow of reiki... just being reiki.. i dont know if you would group this feeling under 'active' or 'passive' but i would like to call it a beautiful experience...

after that experience, it is quite un-intentional of me that whenever i treat somebody for some ailment, i feel i m not me, rather i m that body organ of the patient that is suffering.... so i feel i m the stomach, and i m reiki, i m the heart and i m reiki... and so on.... and this goes so well

needless to say, that sometimes i dont need to touch the body of the patient to get into this state... just i imagine while sitting in that room, and it automatically happens... without effort, without control....

and the results ? marvellous ! that lady's parkinson was gone for four five days completely... and everybody and myself too was stunned.. and i admit i myself healed a lot in that experience too Smile

so what would you group such experiences ? Smile i would say it is sorta 'meditative' reiki... well, not, it is just 'reiki' and nothing more Smile

take care buddy

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:51 am