Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
thehungrycaterpillar
Pandora
Dragonfly
7 posters

'Who wants to share freaky expereinces' (non-Reiki)

Arabella
    Arabella

'Who wants to share freaky expereinces' (non-Reiki) - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Who wants to share freaky expereinces' (non-Reiki)

Post by Arabella Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:30 am

Thaak wrote:
    The idea is, if you don't judge or have preference, if you approach the world without attachment of any kind, then there is no evil, bad, or what have you. So embodying these spirits cannot harm you, because you are in control, and you have not placed any attachment or judgment on the spirit or the outcome.

Okay, I understand this and feel it to be true but if an entity wants to harm me, it's hard for me to not feel that's negative.

One time I was communicating with some entity and asked if it wished me ill. Somewhat sheepishly, it admitted that it did. Whereupon I laughed out loud (that just struck me very funny) and told it that it was not allowed in my house or anywhere near me.

So, in that case, would the thing to do be to try to communicate more, find out why it wished me ill and see if I could help it somehow? Not, of course, help it to hurt me but help it ... somehow?
    Thaak
    Thaak

'Who wants to share freaky expereinces' (non-Reiki) - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Who wants to share freaky expereinces' (non-Reiki)

Post by Thaak Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 am

Arabella wrote:
    Thaak wrote:
    The idea is, if you don't judge or have preference, if you approach the world without attachment of any kind, then there is no evil, bad, or what have you. So embodying these spirits cannot harm you, because you are in control, and you have not placed any attachment or judgment on the spirit or the outcome.

Okay, I understand this and feel it to be true but if an entity wants to harm me, it's hard for me to not feel that's negative.

One time I was communicating with some entity and asked if it wished me ill. Somewhat sheepishly, it admitted that it did. Whereupon I laughed out loud (that just struck me very funny) and told it that it was not allowed in my house or anywhere near me.

So, in that case, would the thing to do be to try to communicate more, find out why it wished me ill and see if I could help it somehow? Not, of course, help it to hurt me but help it ... somehow?

Another thing my shamanic instructor has told her students, is that when you interact as a shaman--as a midwife for the unseen world--you must know why you are doing so. Her reasoning for the most part, right now, is because she is asked to assist.

But if you don't want to interact with the spirit, then you exerted your power in banning it from your presence. For you, in that moment, that was the correct thing to do. And your bluntly asking if it meant you harm, and the demeanor in its response, shows me that you were able to change the nature of the engagement.

Helping spirits move on is not always what we are meant to do in the moment, and if we try to force a healing or situation to happen, we can actually cause more harm than good. So I wouldn't worry that there was a should have or could have that you didn't.
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks, Andy -- my feeling has been that the ones I've helped to move on, most times it was asked of me. There was one sticky, unwholesome-feeling entity in my house that I felt I exerted a little pressure. I think it was someone who was not ready to deal with whatever comes next, life review or whatever.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:29 pm

My cat Moet does this at least once a night. When we go to bed, when he joins us, he always looks above our heads about 2 feet. I have no idea what he is seeing. He definitely sees it, and it's always in roughly the same place. I've wondered if it's an angel. Whatever it is, I'd love to see it!
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Pandora wrote:When I was in my "running away from spirit" mode, about 25 years ago now, I had a really freaky thing happen.

Our best friends, a married couple called Trevor and Jan, had a baby boy 6 weeks prematurely. He grew to be a bonny boy called Gareth. About 9 months after his birth, we arranged to go to a country pub for lunch one Sunday.

About 9 am that Sunday morning the phone rang. I got up to answer it feeling really pissed. When I got to about the 3rd stair down, a voice in my right ear said "That's Trevor and he's going to tell you that Gareth's dead".

And do you know what? It was, and he was.

I think I recognise the voice now because this spirit has been channelled to me: it's my grandfather, who is one of my healing guides and works with me a lot. At the time I didn't recognise the voice, but it sounded so familiar.

This was a long time before I found Reiki, and I was still anti-anything to do with spirit in any form. It started me thinking, though.

One of the most wonderful blessings of Reiki for me was the new understanding that all the magic of the world that I'd "learned" was an illusion as a child was not only real, but was kind of the tip of the iceberg. That the world isn't simply the physical reality. I'm so grateful that it makes me feel tearful just to think of it, still. And I love stories like yours that reinforce that.

Very interesting! I know I've had messages delivered to my right ear, too. When it's advice, it's always also in a slightly forceful tone of voice like it's been repeated a few times and I haven't been hearing it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:54 pm

arrghhh, hehe! Now the chat is being re-directed back to Reiki, once i split the topic! Mad lol!
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 am

See, Reiki just seeps into everything.

cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:22 am

True! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:45 pm