Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Transformational tools and techniques?

Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Transformational tools and techniques? Empty Transformational tools and techniques?

Post by Pandora Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 am

The UK Reiki Federation's National Occupational Standards makes mention of "transformational tools and techniques" in their suggested syllabus for all 3 Reiki levels, without actually saying what they are!

While I wait for a response from them (don't hold your breath - they take their time), does anyone here have any ideas?
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Transformational tools and techniques? Empty Re: Transformational tools and techniques?

Post by Reikijim Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Pandora wrote:The UK Reiki Federation's National Occupational Standards makes mention of "transformational tools and techniques" in their suggested syllabus for all 3 Reiki levels, without actually saying what they are!

While I wait for a response from them (don't hold your breath - they take their time), does anyone here have any ideas?

Hi Pandora,

Just a guess, I`m not in the U.K. and not very familiar with the organization, other than it`s name and what it represents...But ,considering...Um...transformational tools and techniques may be... symbols and attunements?

much peace,

Smile RJ
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Transformational tools and techniques? Empty Re: Transformational tools and techniques?

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Pandora wrote:... "transformational tools and techniques" ...does anyone here have any ideas?

Reikijim wrote: Just a guess...Um...transformational tools and techniques may be... symbols and attunements?

"transformational tools and techniques" is a phrase used by many complementary therapy / self-development oriented disciplines to refer to the various exercises, meditations, and other practices that define the particular modality.

So, in relation to Reiki, this would presumably include, as Jim says, the symbols and attunements, and also the various developmental practices such as hatsu rei ho, gassho kokyu ho, makoto no kokyu ho, etc; and the numerous treatment-related techniques such as seiheki chiryo ho, ketsueki kokan ho, gyoshi ho, etc etc.

Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:54 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Pandora wrote:... "transformational tools and techniques" ...does anyone here have any ideas?

Reikijim wrote: Just a guess...Um...transformational tools and techniques may be... symbols and attunements?

"transformational tools and techniques" is a phrase used by many complementary therapy / self-development oriented disciplines to refer to the various exercises, meditations, and other practices that define the particular modality.

So, in relation to Reiki, this would presumably include, as Jim says, the symbols and attunements, and also the various developmental practices such as hatsu rei ho, gassho kokyu ho, makoto no kokyu ho, etc; and the numerous treatment-related techniques such as seiheki chiryo ho, ketsueki kokan ho, gyoshi ho, etc etc.

Thanks James - I was reaching that conclusion as they don't mention these practices anywhere else in their NOS! And thanks Jim too.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:37 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

humph. And no prizes for guessing the 'expert' that has decided what's what in UK Reiki Fed! May as weel get the tarot cards out next session. Laughing
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Wayne, I'm new here. I ain't never gonna guess. So tell me straight please? Who was it?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:26 am

Hehe, i'll tell you in Pm. Smile
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Milarepa wrote:Hehe, i'll tell you in Pm. Smile

No, Wayne.

For the benefit of those who come after us and read this, please can you tell us all here?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 pm

Well i could. I'll have a think about it, and some advice. It's a delicate subject in which both myself, and the other person threatened court action against each other. I threatened for him telling lies, and he threatened me for libel & slander.

Then again, if i get on my soap box speaking bout Hiroshi Doi often, least i can do is speak about another 'expert' i know for a fact is a fraud.

I'll let you know this evening, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:01 am

Well may I suggest that you refrain from making snidey remarks like that in a public forum? My mom used to say, "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all".
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 am

you can suggest it yeah. Those 'snidey remarks' are clear clues to whom it is, and i say it so other reiki practitioners won't get fleeced by him. so, as long as i'm forum owner, and it's in other practitoners clear interests, i'll make whatever comments i feel neccesary, Smile.

It's not i can't say it say whom it is. It's that the situation got very unpleasant, and i thought to refrain from another court case with Reiki practitioners. I had to decide, that altough it wouldn't be on the scale of Furmoto/Ray or Rand/milner, did is still ultimately serve Reiki's image to the public. SO, the advice i was seekign today was form Reiki folk. And, it would have cost me a alot, as i was in Ireland, and would need to travel to London fo rcourt. I'd already lost out on £1600 in total, getting a loan out for that idiot course. i've been thinking today anyhow, that since i'm now in England, it's easier to follow up court.

So, if you still wish me not to speak to you in private bout it, but want it on a public forum, i'l indulge. Let me know here please. I don't want to be labelled a someone making snidey comments about another, with no evidence. So, i'l give you first hand facts.

Take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:10 am

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:13 am

hey, that was my 1000th post! real useful post it was too!

I dedicate it to Robert Jefford. Without whom i would never have even made that post. lol!
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Milarepa wrote:Well i could. I'll have a think about it, and some advice. It's a delicate subject in which both myself, and the other person threatened court action against each other. I threatened for him telling lies, and he threatened me for libel & slander.

Then again, if i get on my soap box speaking bout Hiroshi Doi often, least i can do is speak about another 'expert' i know for a fact is a fraud.

I'll let you know this evening, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Say what you mean...honest and often...political correctness and avoidance make it impossible to keep issues straight...you go brother...

Not speaking your mind, or not defending ones self, comes down to determining what can be gained or lost from the conflict.

What is it worth to you and others personally, monetarily, to witness the conflict and result. Sometimes the prices is too high, and the risk too much.

If a person is willing to act out against another, most times, if honesty is present, a wrong has been done, prior to the conflict...Sometimes wrongs need to be rectified.

Wow...I did not know about this Wayne... fill me in by PM sometime...when you have the time of course.

I will get off my soap box now... Rolling Eyes

Smile RJ
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:28 am

Well, taking all these posts into consideration, I would just like to say that the UK Reiki Federation is not the Reiki Council, nor is it the RRWG. It's one of the groups that walked away from there.

I see nothing of what this guy posted appears on the UKRF website, nor in the NOS, nor in the Guidelines.

It is, however, very interesting that there are many versions of the Reiki story.

One of the things which crossed my mind while teaching today's course was, why should I tell my students to teach the traditional Reiki story the way I learned it, if nobody can tell me what the truth is? Why should I perpetuate lies?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 am

Pandora wrote:Well, taking all these posts into consideration, I would just like to say that the UK Reiki Federation is not the Reiki Council, nor is it the RRWG. It's one of the groups that walked away from there.

It's not seperate groups, per se. The RRWg, whom became the Reiki council are the group whom have been trying to co-ordinate some regulation.

Pandora wrote:
    I see nothing of what this guy posted appears on the UKRF website, nor in the NOS, nor in the Guidelines.

Perhaps not in such an obvious way. He is th echair of the UK Reiki Fed, and is also in charge of research in UK Reiki Fed. So, without a doubt he influences the UK Reiki Fed.

Pandora wrote:
    It is, however, very interesting that there are many versions of the Reiki story.

One of the things which crossed my mind while teaching today's course was, why should I tell my students to teach the traditional Reiki story the way I learned it, if nobody can tell me what the truth is? Why should I perpetuate lies?

This is a good point. Students will want to know the history of Reiki. It's why so many practitioners were crying out for traceable roots for many years.

It's very, very simple. The truth is straight. It doesn't become convolouted, and it isn't contradictory. There's no lies in the truth. A person can see if any of these factors apply, if they stop taking things on face value, when a person claims them, and research themselves, they begin to see what's going on. We can do our own researchm but also network with others, such as on forums, and listne to what they say. Also not taking what they say on face value either. But gathering a large picture.

It can seem very daunting. And i'll be honest Chris, it does become very, very upsetting. It's so demoralising to realise that fellow Reiki folks deliberately tell lies, in order to make money of our colleagues. I went through shock myself, then denial. I couldn't beleive that folks whom experience the divine like we do, could be so bad.

I've mentioned this next bit befor,e but not openely used the name, but really, i'm telling the truth, so trust in God that way. This guy is the chair of UK Reiki Fed. sits on meeetings on Reiki in houses of parliament. And is head of research in UK Reiki Fed. Yet it was myself whom had to tell him, during th ecourse, what i should actually be gettign taught. I went to primarily recieve the initiaitons of Takata sensei, but experience the teachings also. I had serious concerns during the course, which i confronted him with. I was offered half refund, that's true. However, i'd already traveleld to london, had got the loan out, from a loan shark, so it was hard ot walk away from my objective. I was 1 day from recieveing the initiaiton procedures. I set my fears aside, and decided to stay. Anyhow, once i came back, i got the initiaitons checked out, and they were no way what Takata sensei taught. We argued bout this over the phone. He told me our agreement was i was to learn Western Reiki! Such a generic term! I was already a techer in Western Reiki. No way would i go through that for more crap. Thw whole idea was to recieve accurate Usui Shiki Ryoho teachings. He knew this, i made it clear throughout our initial discussion, months before i came over, and also during the course, it was only what Takata snesie taught that i wanted to learn. And definitely her initiations.

I was tricked, and only i had the good fortune to be able to check things, i sitll may not have known. If me, a really novice researcher was able to know all this both in course, and within 2 days of coming home, i cna't beleive for one second that the 'masters master', 'longest practicing Reiki pracititoner alive', 'senior student to Soke Dai (lineage bearer to Usui sensei)', didn'nt know fully what he was doiung with me.

People like this has infiltrated Reiki at it's highest levels, as in the UK Reiki Fed. This shows how much at the core, this problem is.

Take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Pandora wrote:Well, taking all these posts into consideration, I would just like to say that the UK Reiki Federation is not the Reiki Council, nor is it the RRWG. It's one of the groups that walked away from there.

Hi Pandora,

I agree....good question. That`s why i`m not quite as interested in Reiki history as I was. I applaud people like James, Wayne, Colin etc., that continue to search. These guys do us a great favor offering information for us to look at. But I`m skeptical about teaching any Reiki history...quite a conundrum...

I`m more comfortable talking a bit about who Usui was,and some of his more generally accepted accomplishments.

Smile RJ
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:59 pm

namaste,

here is india, we do not have any such organisation controlling Reiki, like in other countries. perhaps it is because it is not a govt. recognised course(offered by a govt institute, recognised institute). monitoring is of those courses taught by societies /individuals which have govt. recognisition. things like aurvidic, unani, homeopathy etc come under their preview.

maybe it is not possible to measure the progress of healing in those therapies which use spiritual/cosmic energies. perhaps it is good in a way as scruplous persons can have the nonsense they teach recognised and the genuine will get deprived from recognisation. there are many fraud teachers in the world even in places where regulations apply.

a student had come from the uk in may '09 and learned reiki 2 from me ( he wanted to learn in 2008 when he came to india but that time i was undergoing a three months training in dharmshala, himachal pradesh) . on going back he submitted the certificate given to him by me to the uk reiki federation and those chaps took a week to 'examine' it and then recognised it. he will now come to india next year to learn reiki 3 from me also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm