Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Colin
Thaak
6 posters

Reiki and Conceiving

Thaak
    Thaak

Reiki and Conceiving Empty Reiki and Conceiving

Post by Thaak Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 am

I have a friend who has been trying to have a child with his wife for over 18 months now, without success. They've seen fertility doctors, and have done all the usual things. Then they've been spending about $500 a month for insemination. No dice. The next step is the real expensive $10,000 to $12,000 procedure.

I've offered them a Reiki session to help the situation, as I know Reiki can help situations and not just individual health.

Has anyone had any experience in helping in this fashion?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki and Conceiving Empty Re: Reiki and Conceiving

Post by Colin Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Andy

There was a study done about Reiki and fertility in Israel some years back but I think the full article is not available for free. Here is what I found on a site which had the abstract:

http://www.mindtherapies.info/Forums/tabid/70/forumid/23/postid/240/scope/posts/Default.aspx wrote:
    Reiki can boost chances for successful IVF

Jerusalem Post - Jerusalem
    Author: JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH
    Date: Sep 20, 1998

Abstract (Document Summary)

Now researchers at Ha'emek Hospital in Afula have found that Reiki therapy, a relaxation and pain-reduction technique, can significantly increase the chances for successful embryo implantation in women who undergo fertility treatments.

A total of 45.7% of women who underwent Reiki therapy during the implantation process became pregnant, but only 26.1% of the control group, who did not have Reiki during IVF, conceived.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:54 pm

No... but what I have observed is when
    folks give up on the medical procedures
    and end up adopting instead. They usually
    begin to create their own children. It may
    be because they are not so focused on trying
    to have children and are in a more natural
    relaxed environment. Reiki offers that relaxed
    natural comfort zone allowing the body to feel
    balanced and harmonized. sunny
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Yes, I have helped a friend of mine. She already had one child (which had been difficult for her to conceive) and then she wanted to try for another one. After months of unsuccessful and very frustrating treatments, I offered to try some distance Reiki (she lives in another state.) I did traditional distance Reiki techniques, plus I infused a 7 day candle with Reiki and sent her a moonstone that had been cleansed and blessed with Reiki (moonstones are believed to help promote fertility.) It didn't take her long - maybe a month or so - to conceive and she now has a beautiful baby girl. This is her testimonial, which is on my site:

"I met Dana via the internet when we were both pregnant with our first children. We became friends and stayed in contact despite living on opposites sides of the country. A year ago, my husband and I started trying for our second child. I tried Clomid, HCG injections, FSH injections and progesterone. I went through 9 unsuccessful IUI’s. Dana then sent me a candle charged with Reiki. I followed her instructions, saying a short prayer asking that any energy blockages in my body be released so that I could conceive and have a healthy pregnancy. She also included me in her daily affirmations. The following month was my 10th IUI, and Dana sent me a rainbow moonstone to promote fertility and support a pregnancy. I took it to all of my doctor’s appointments. I am now 5 weeks pregnant! I know that Dana’s distance Reiki helped me to conceive."

One thing I think that needs to be discerned is if there are other underlying medical conditions that may be affecting your friends' ability to conceive. In my friend's case, there were none that her doctors have found, so I focused on emotional/mental healing because she was having so much stress and anxiety about her situation. However, I had another client with hypothyroidism and it has been extraordinarily difficult for her to conceive or sustain a pregnancy. In an interesting follow-up anecdote, I had sent a baby gift to my friend after her daughter was born. It was a pink porcelain cross for her bedroom wall. My friend sent me a thank you note and said that she had the same exact one for her son's room (which I did not know) and had been searching for an identical one for her daughter's room to no avail. I happened to come across it in a little gift shop near my job and felt like I needed to send it.

Anyway, I hope your friend allows for you to try some Reiki to see if it will be beneficial. I'll be interested to hear how things go. Smile
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:51 pm

I have heard of reflexology achieving near-miraculous results in this field.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Pandora wrote:I have heard of reflexology achieving near-miraculous results in this field.

Slightly off-topic, but I am a big fan of reflexology. When I was in the hospital, recovering from my c-section (and massive post-partum hemmorhage) I had a friend of the family come to see me and the baby. It was my first day attempting to get out of bed and I was in a lot of pain, even with the meds. She did some reflexology on my feet and about 75% of the pain dissipated for at least a couple of hours. It allowed me to sit with a reasonable amount of comfort in a chair (it was the first time in 5 days I had been allowed out of bed) and be able to receive visitors. It was wonderful.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 am

Thaak wrote:I have a friend who has been trying to have a child with his wife for over 18 months now, without success. They've seen fertility doctors, and have done all the usual things. Then they've been spending about $500 a month for insemination. No dice. The next step is the real expensive $10,000 to $12,000 procedure.

I've offered them a Reiki session to help the situation, as I know Reiki can help situations and not just individual health.

Has anyone had any experience in helping in this fashion?

Andy,

Could you clarify the distinction you mentioned in talking about reiki to help the situation in contrast to reiki to help individual health? I'm asking because I'm not clear on what the difference is re. conceiving. (So at this point, I'm not sure of whether my experience would be relevant.)

Bruce
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 am

Good question Bruce. Anything you have to add I’m sure will be relevant, but here is my answer to your question:

While there may be many different underlying health issues that could cause conception problems, I view my friend and his wife as fairly healthy people. Neither is overweight and neither seem to get sick very often. Both have good jobs, so there isn’t much in the way of financial stress (unless you consider coming up with $12,000 for a conception procedure stressful.) As a matter of fact, other than the typical newly married (2-1/2 years now) stressful issues, and the stress of trying and not being able to conceive, I don’t know that they have much stress in their lives at all.

I know you can apply a Reiki session for a situation like if two co-workers are not getting along, if two family members aren’t speaking to one another, world peace, et. al. I’ve had personal experience and heard many stories from people I trust implicitly (my parents) who have had first hand experiences with this sort of thing. Where a Reiki session was facilitated with the intent to assist a situation, and within days, the situation was resolved in one way or another (maybe not always in the way that the person asking for the session was hoping for, but there was a resolution.)

In this situation, based on my further clarification of my friend and his wife, I believe that their lack of being able to conceive is more due to situational or environmental issues, rather than personal health issues.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 am

I have two friends who spent 15 years trying to conceive. In fact, they only conceived the first time after Janet had given up and changed her attitude towards it. Then after their first daughter was born, she conceived again almost immediately. I've just tried to work out how old she was when she had Ellie (the first) - I think she was 36. Your friends may just be a little impatient, unless they have had tests which have confirmed a physical difficulty in this area.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 am

Thaak wrote:Good question Bruce. Anything you have to add I’m sure will be relevant, but here is my answer to your question:

While there may be many different underlying health issues that could cause conception problems, I view my friend and his wife as fairly healthy people. Neither is overweight and neither seem to get sick very often. Both have good jobs, so there isn’t much in the way of financial stress (unless you consider coming up with $12,000 for a conception procedure stressful.) As a matter of fact, other than the typical newly married (2-1/2 years now) stressful issues, and the stress of trying and not being able to conceive, I don’t know that they have much stress in their lives at all.

I know you can apply a Reiki session for a situation like if two co-workers are not getting along, if two family members aren’t speaking to one another, world peace, et. al. I’ve had personal experience and heard many stories from people I trust implicitly (my parents) who have had first hand experiences with this sort of thing. Where a Reiki session was facilitated with the intent to assist a situation, and within days, the situation was resolved in one way or another (maybe not always in the way that the person asking for the session was hoping for, but there was a resolution.)

In this situation, based on my further clarification of my friend and his wife, I believe that their lack of being able to conceive is more due to situational or environmental issues, rather than personal health issues.

Thanks for your clarification.

The treatments in which I've been involved tend to have better results when there's been more specific intent, so my experience might not be all that relevant to your friend's, but I'll describe mine anyway. A friend asked for energy treatment help in conceiving, after she and her husband had tried for a couple of years but hadn't been able to conceive. I worked on her by long distance, and got an impression of some scarring in her uterus and congested energy around her left ovary. (After I mentioned that, she said she had a cyst on that ovary; I said she could've mentioned it in the first place; sigh.)

So I sent energy over for about a month, with the idea of smoothing out the uterine tissue and clearing the energy at the ovary. She also started taking antibiotics, which makes it hard to determine causality. But anyway -- happy ending to the story -- she conceived about a month after I "saw" her condition improve.

On a different note, a student of my qigong classmate had difficulty conceiving, but then conceived after practicing a general energy-clearing exercise (guan qi fa) for 2 or 3 months.

Good luck to you, and to your friend.

Bruce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:53 pm