Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Kinda experiment

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Kinda experiment Empty Kinda experiment

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:13 am

I've got a bad cold or else the flu coming on. i'm starting to feel like crap. Got sweats, headaches, sore throat/swollen glands, feel nauseous, begining to feel weak and tingly all over.

I'm gonna experiment on myself, hehe. Gonna just use Reiki, sanskrit mantras & Kuji-in. No medications, or vitamins, only other thing is water. If i feel it's not getting better today, i'll do some Kundalini yoga.

started with a few mins of Hatsurei ho. Then on to 20 mins of Kuji-in. I've took a brief break to write this.

Now i'm gonna do some recitation of two very specific mantras. They're both of the 5 elements. The first is 'Fire' which is Om Tejasdhatu Agnaya. This is to purify me inside. The second will for water, it's sanskrit is Om Apsadhatu Taraya, it's to flush all teh debris out. I'm gonna recite each for 10 mins each, to begin with.

Ater another break i'll do my usual current practice of charging my mala with 'Earth' mantra, Om prithividhatu Bhumideviya. This lasts for about 30 mins. Might do a full Reiki treatment straight after, or else another brief break.

I guess i'm kinda curious as to how effective these things can all be, in this situation. I know from the practice i've just completed, i felt so poorly i couldnt' go to the gym today. and although i'm prob still not gonna go, i actually could go ok now. There's a kinda feeling similar to adrenaline running through me atm. Which is intertesting. Hopefully this will be a full blown flu or something, then agian, if all this works i'll never know, Laughing

take care
    Wayne

Edit: It's been a few hours now. I feel virtually back to normal, my sweats have gone, as has headaches, nausea. My glands are nearly back to normal, and swallowing is ok. Still feel slightly weak, and a very small sensation of tingling. Overall though, i feel pretty good. Just shows, possibly if its tackled in time, it could be sorted cheers
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Kinda experiment Empty Re: Kinda experiment

Post by Colin Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 am

Well done, Wayne!

What did we do in the days before Beecham's Powders, Anadin and Lem-Sip? Probably just let our body get on with healing itself and maybe giving it a helping hand (in a similar way to what you have done), rather than stifling the symptoms and holding back the healing process!

Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 am

So Colin have you discovered that the symptons
    alert us to be on guard & when we medicate we
    stifle and slow down the healing process. pale
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:31 am

Good experiment Wayne. it does take
    time,energy & trust in your self. cheers
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 am

chi_solas wrote:So Colin have you discovered that the symptons
    alert us to be on guard & when we medicate we
    stifle and slow down the healing process. pale

Yes, Bridget - and it is one of the teachings of Jikiden Reiki too!
    When symptoms appear it is usually evidence that the body has already started the healing process and is trying to restore balance. Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 am

i've noticed atm, that i've begun to have a slight cough, and a slight throbbing in the head. So it hasn't dealt with it all completely as of yet. Then again, i got side-tracked today, and havn't done absolutely everything i initially posted bout. I just felt so good really, after the hatsurei, Kuji-in & mantras.

I can see what you're both saying with regard stifling symtpoms. I'm listening to my body today, and i'm not doing any specific technique in general to alleviate any symptom, but doing general things perhaps this has gave me the overall benefit. It's certainly greatly the symtpoms. I'll keep at things during the night, and tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see the time span of it all.

My missus & kids also have a cold/cough now, they're more worried bout missing there booking for avatar 3d on thursday though!

Take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:16 am

Wayne, you have to also realize that
    your immune system needs have to be
    taken care of so the body has the
    nourishment it needs to strengthen
    the healthy cells to fight off the
    sluggish ones best word I can find
    at this time. affraid

A car needs the oil changed every once
    in a while. Sometimes the engine over
    heats so you slow down pull off the road
    and let it recover. Sometimes that's what's
    needed some rest lots of water and a funny
    movie helps. Maybe I'll post some fun stuff
    see if that helps. clown
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 am

Sound advice bridget. i've spent a fair bit of today watching films, with my son. gonna check out the 'just for laughs' section, as i'm about to go to bed. Many thanks!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 am

a belated one Wayne, but i feel the need to say something...

have you tried to find the causes of your flu, sneazing, phlagm in your stomach instead of always locating them in your larynx Smile ?

i had similar things for my whole life before, and when i studied myself deeply i found that all the reason for these ailments was mostly due to acidity or other imbalance in my stomach!

a second common observation is that when we live in 'weather controlled' conditions for most of our daily 24 hours, for example, when we try to chill in AC in summer for all the time, and try to use too much heaters in winter, some balance sure gets disturbed!

get exposed to weather and see if that helps ? ! Smile

(with a precuation that no need to go outdoor for this 'exposure' when temp is down by 30 degree minus!! Smile

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 am

Good advice buddy! Yeah i follow causes of illness in mysefl via byosen, Smile.

like you mentioned if it's cold weather, best not to go out much. Particularly with chest infections, the cold air can bring on bronchitis. It was a real issue for me, since my restricted airways impacted on my cardiovascular, and it hampered self-defence lessons slightly.

I still havn't went to the doctor, but it's mostly gone now, as we've just come out of minus 15 celsius here, it's still around zero to maybe 6 celsius, so i've largely stayed in the heat, which does seem to have worked. Add into the equation i do tend toward asthma type allergic reactions to Dogs (I have a dog), it was an interesting time, but was very easily manageble.

I rarely get ill, i guess it's cause i do a myraid of spiritual practices, and absolutely everything i do every day i really enjoy, so i'm blessed that way!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:51 am

Staying away from Dr's can be
    good for your health. sunny If
    you believe that your body has
    innate healing Kinda experiment 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:03 am

that's actually very funny, hehe, Smile .

what the doc woudda gave me was anti-biotics. I'd prefer to build up a tolerance to them when i had gangrene or TB or sumthin, hehe, and not a bad cold or chest infection.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:32 pm