Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common?

Reikijim
    Reikijim

Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common? Empty Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common?

Post by Reikijim Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:46 am

Hello,

I always notice how much energy flows when I recite the precepts. Makes me wonder if Usui-sensi empowered the precepts as he did the symbols? Anyone ever thought about this?

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common? Empty Re: Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common?

Post by Milarepa Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi Bro,
    I havn't thought about it much, to be honest, so it's a good question to think bout!

If the principles are the spiritual medicine (for human's), and (imo), the symbols are the very essence of Reiki's spirituality, of a human's spirituality, then they've got something in common from the very beginning. The empowerment of the sumbols is different from the principles, cause we experience specific things with the symbols. This isn't to say that Usui sensei hasn't created some form of connection with them all. I guess a question is why we've to say them out loud & in our heart.

What also might be worth exploring...

IMO, Reiki never flows, it doesn't move. I'm not talking bout a semantic point, Smile. Takata sensei said Reiki was around us at all times. What i feel happens is we become aware of it, at any one point. Like in Hatsurei ho, we aren't moving anything in Seishin toitsu, we're simply becoming aware of what's already there. Many also feel Reiki when they think of it, speak of it, or write on forums. This is cause they're being aware of what's already around them. When a person uses HSZSN, and another person can experience Reiki 3000 miles away. This isn't entirely cause 'Reiki' is everywhere, it's cause HSZSN being a phrase imbeded in us bout mindfullness, within us we become focused so precisely, that the other person expereinces something. Which is called Reiki. No movement, no travelling, it's all about focus.

What this has maybe gotta do with you, hehe, is that when you recite the principles, you instantly become soooo focused, that you immediately become aware of the experience called Reiki.

And that's actually a pretty great thing buddy!

Anyhow, 1.15 am, i'm gonna go to bed, have an early night, lol.

Cya
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common? Empty Re: Precepts, Symbols, do they have something in common?

Post by Reikijim Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Wayne,

Gotta give you a point for that answer...very cool reasoning...

So with the precepts in meditation, my hands and feet tingle. Some days it runs up and down my arms and legs, on the surface, not to mention the sensations, pleasurable i might add, that I feel around my forehead. I thought it possible that this happened with everyone...hmmm....I see a site survey coming in regard to this question...later Idea

Laughing RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:32 pm

There might be some similarities with us all in general. Prob though, as it's your body expereicing Reiki, in some ways you'd expereince a variation of what others do. If we look at every act in Reiki as a spiritual act, it's fair to assume that no two folks will experience something spiritually, the exact same. Smile.

what kinda mediatition you doing when using the precepts?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Good topic, Jim! Smile

Great answer, Wayne! Smile

Milarepa wrote: I guess a question is why we've to say them out loud & in our heart.

I've always assumed that we say them out loud and in our heart to make sure we don't just speak the words parrot-fashion, we also feel the words within our heart/spirit/mind/kokoro.

It is also said that, especially when spoken in Japanese - their original language, the sounds (or spirit) of the words (kotodama) also create a beneficial effect in the student and their immediate environment. In this way, Usui sensei could be said to have "empowered" the Precepts like he did the symbols.

I love you
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Yeah, that was my assumption too bro. I've not saw anything to the contrary, except, whenever i assume something, it tends to be wrong, hehe.

yeah, two sacred languages, sanksrit & hebrew, their words have power also.

Interesting possible twist, even if Usui sensei did empower the principles in some way, what bearing does that have on us? Unless, we're also empowered, and this would need to be in initiation (?). Can a non-Reiki initiated person, do anything with the symbols?

In what way would the practitioner empowered with the precepts? This could be interesting! Very Happy
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Milarepa wrote: Can a non-Reiki initiated person, do anything with the symbols?
    Very Happy

I think so...I teach my spiritual healing students to work with focus and intent via many things but for example...sacred geometry, but really just any old geometric shape would work, for if that is our intent then so shall it will be done...for example whilst working with the breath the tongue placed in the roof of our mouth they will visualize a sacred geometric shape that they are drawn too have worked with, have a healing connection with. the orbited energy passes through the geometric shape as it would a healing symbol, then sent on its wonderful journey...the energy is as wonderful..if at times not even better for the have chose it for themselves....the focus of the symbols it just that intent and focus they are a womderful gift to the modality, and they do allow for a strong structure for many to follow, but for me yes they would work for those that not directly working with Reiki.

I have just clicked I have missed the original point are the precepts and symbols connected...my thoughts not at first when penned but now yes those have worked and followed have created a divine connection.

Blessings xxx
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:09 pm

hiya,
    You know they'd work, or you're assuming? Smile . Cause you spritual healing students doing things with various symbols, isn't anyone doing what we can do with Reiki symbols, Smile.

For them to work with a non-Reiki initiated person, the person may have to have no initiation in any system from a Reiki teacher, then, imo, it's more clear there's no impact from the Reiki empowerments. This is cause even a teacher will assume that the Reik symbols aren't active unless the consciously decide. Which isn't the case, imo.

If you're talking about 'spiritual healing' students expereinces, that might have no bearing on Reiki though, depending on what you mean. If a process is different, from inception/initiation, to application, then comparing one healing system to another won't answer what goes on in Reiki.

If a person, new to healing, or with no healing training by a Reiki initiated person, could use the symbols as we can, that'd be really interesting. Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Milarepa wrote:hiya,
    You know they'd work, or you're assuming? Smile . Cause you spritual healing students doing things with various symbols, isn't anyone doing what we can do with Reiki symbols, Smile.

I know they work, its not the same thing no but it gives insight about healing and how it works in general.

Milarepa wrote:
    For them to work with a non-Reiki initiated person, the person may have to have no initiation in any system from a Reiki teacher, then, imo, it's more clear there's no impact from the Reiki empowerments. This is cause even a teacher will assume that the Reik symbols aren't active unless the consciously decide. Which isn't the case, imo.

If you're talking about 'spiritual healing' students expereinces, that might have no bearing on Reiki though, depending on what you mean. If a process is different, from inception/initiation, to application, then comparing one healing system to another won't answer what goes on in Reiki.

I think you’ll find that as our healing all comes from one source it highly interlinked and answers to our life’s mysteries will be found within that source, regardless of the modality they are channeled via

Milarepa wrote:
    If a person, new to healing, or with no healing training by a Reiki initiated person, could use the symbols as we can, that'd be really interesting. Smile .

im sure they would never tried it out myself but am sure it would
    blessings lovely! xxx

Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:45 am

Milarepa wrote:There might be some similarities with us all in general. Prob though, as it's your body expereicing Reiki, in some ways you'd expereince a variation of what others do. If we look at every act in Reiki as a spiritual act, it's fair to assume that no two folks will experience something spiritually, the exact same. Smile.

Hi Wayne,

I just sit in seza, with my hands where they should be, recite one line and ponder it`s meaning, setting the intention of understanding on as many levels as possible. I try to absorb, into my being, whatever sensation that comes with the phrase, I hope for a permeation of the phrase`s intent into my being even if the deeper messages aren`t attainable to me at that point. Sometimes i feel that not thinking in this state, to be an advantage, shut the ego down , no intellect present, and let the energies permeate my being. I hope that when I become, or am filled with this energy, that the intent of the message, becomes more attainable, as in i realize it because I am it....not because I have thought about it.

Then I move on to the next line. Sometimes I may just ponder/absorb one line for 20 minutes or so...with out reciting them all.

Smile RJ
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:57 am

Dharma wrote:
    Very Happy

I think so...I teach my spiritual healing students to work with focus and intent via many things but for example...sacred geometry, but really just any old geometric shape would work, for if that is our intent then so shall it will be done...for example whilst working with the breath the tongue placed in the roof of our mouth they will visualize a sacred geometric shape that they are drawn too have worked with, have a healing connection with. the orbited energy passes through the geometric shape as it would a healing symbol, then sent on its wonderful journey...the energy is as wonderful..if at times not even better for the have chose it for themselves....the focus of the symbols it just that intent and focus they are a womderful gift to the modality, and they do allow for a strong structure for many to follow, but for me yes they would work for those that not directly working with Reiki.

I have just clicked I have missed the original point are the precepts and symbols connected...my thoughts not at first when penned but now yes those have worked and followed have created a divine connection.

Blessings xxx

Hi Dharma,

I`m hesitant to agree with you...

Those uninitiated may try to access healing through the symbols because they know what they represent. The identity of the symbols may help them focus their intent on what they are trying to achieve. So...they have set the intent to access healing, but I would hazard to say, quite probably, they are accessing "an energy" without the symbols ability to connect them. They are using a "different means of connection" a more naturally inherent ability that some of us have. So it could look like they were connecting through the symbols, but actually they are not.

Just a possibility, for what it`s worth...
    Nice to have you here. I look forward to reading more of what you choose to share with us!

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:12 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Hi Wayne,

I just sit in seza, with my hands where they should be, recite one line and ponder it`s meaning, setting the intention of understanding on as many levels as possible...
    ...Then I move on to the next line. Sometimes I may just ponder/absorb one line for 20 minutes or so...with out reciting them all.

Smile RJ

Kinda like a Gassho meiso then. Pretty cool!

Reikijim wrote:
    Dharma wrote:
    Very Happy

I think so...

Those uninitiated may try to access healing through the symbols because they know what they represent. The identity of the symbols may help them focus their intent on what they are trying to achieve. So...they have set the intent to access healing, but I would hazard to say, quite probably, they are accessing "an energy" without the symbols ability to connect them. They are using a "different means of connection" a more naturally inherent ability that some of us have. So it could look like they were connecting through the symbols, but actually they are not.

I feel this also. The reason why i initiate another using symbols, is to empower them to expereince Reiki. And the reason i can do this, is cause i've in turn been empowered to use DKM, by being initiated with DKM.

On the face of it, the symbols mean what we all know they do. It's purely my own personal understanding, i see the symbols as the very essence of the Reiki expereince. empowered by Usui sensei, and passed down to me in spiritual lineage. As i've got the permission spiritually to use them, i expereince Reiki.

All healing isn't Reiki. Both in system and expereince, imo. Reiki's a specific system that creates an experience in a specific way. IMO, the same isn't going on with Qigong, or QT, for example. Notwithstanding, healing may come ultimately from the same source, but everything can be suggested to come form the same source. This doesn't mean dog poo should be considered caviar. Unless one is a fly, hehe.

We, Reiki practitioners, have mostly a very limited understanding of both the system, it's workings, and it's applications. Moreover, some practitioner do turn their noses down at others that wanna to understand it all, which doesn't help things, hehe. A very important question in all this, would be who empowered the symbols? Why were they empowered? What were they empowered with? And of course, this could be asked about the precepts also, Smile.

Last two paragraphs are general comments to all, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Reikijim wrote:
    Dharma wrote:
    Very Happy

I think so...

I`m hesitant to agree with you...

Smile RJ

Hiya lovely...I agree with what you say an uninitiated channel will have great difficulty accessing the Reiki within the Reiki Symbols, their is off course a divine possibility that an experienced healer may be able to though, my point was that if I give say a Tibetan symbol to a non reiki, but a healing student and say to the student this symbol holds much universal love and healing you may work with this as a tool of empowerment, the symbol will still work on this level for them… (this is theory off course…)by working with that symbol in that manner with their love and healing the possibility may arise that in someway they would also be connected to the collective conscience that lovingly surrounds that symbol, they then maybe able then to access the reiki in the symbol……
    blessings xxx

Last edited by Milarepa on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Milarepa wrote:

We, Reiki practitioners, have mostly a very limited understanding of both the system, it's workings, and it's applications. Moreover, some practitioner do turn their noses down at others that wanna to understand it all, which doesn't help things, hehe. A very important question in all this, would be who empowered the symbols? Why were they empowered? What were they empowered with? And of course, this could be asked about the precepts also, Smile.

Last two paragraphs are general comments to all, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne

I do hope you don't think I look down my nose at people who "wanna to understand it all". There is nothing I would like better than to understand it all. It's just that I don't see why I should become something I'm not in order to do it. I use the tools I have been given in order to further my understanding of Reiki, which may mean I use concepts from religion, occultism, cat care... whatever. Reiki found me as I am, and I'm sure it doesn't want to change me into something I'm not!

If people want to explore the Japanese culture,way of life and language because they think it will help them understand Reiki better, then that's up to them. Reiki is so simple I don't see the need to add extra complications to it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi Chris,
    I was trying to remember if there's anything you've ever said that would make me think this, and i can't remember anything. Internets a big place, and i been on forums for 5 years, it wasn't specifically bout this forum only either.

No need at all to explain your personal take on spirituality, i'm all for freedom of that. There's a subtle vein of thought that looking in depth isn't needed in Reiki at all. No-one in this thread had been like that, it was general comments i was making, as i said, Smile. As you've rightly pointed out, what one person expereinces personally, is good for them. It works for them. When this is said as if it's applicable to all, that's different, imo. If peers give the impression it's not needed at all, sheep will follow, and do what everyone else is. I like distinguishing personal sprituality, as a perosn makes their own mind up.

BTW, how'd your Master-student class go? Was this your first Master student? Even so, quite a epecial day i'd expect!

Take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:59 am

Milarepa wrote:Hi Chris,
    I was trying to remember if there's anything you've ever said that would make me think this, and i can't remember anything. Internets a big place, and i been on forums for 5 years, it wasn't specifically bout this forum only either.

No need at all to explain your personal take on spirituality, i'm all for freedom of that. There's a subtle vein of thought that looking in depth isn't needed in Reiki at all. No-one in this thread had been like that, it was general comments i was making, as i said, Smile. As you've rightly pointed out, what one person expereinces personally, is good for them. It works for them. When this is said as if it's applicable to all, that's different, imo. If peers give the impression it's not needed at all, sheep will follow, and do what everyone else is. I like distinguishing personal sprituality, as a perosn makes their own mind up.

BTW, how'd your Master-student class go? Was this your first Master student? Even so, quite a epecial day i'd expect!

Take care
    Wayne

Oh good! Guess I was being a bit sensitive as my POV is a bit unique!

My new teaching master student is a very special person and we had a wonder-ful time! It's the first teacher I've brought into being, I've attuned a few to master practitioner level in the past but this is the first one that actually wanted to teach.

Her practice attunement on me was amazing for both of us. I've offered her regular supervision as part of her practice (she's a therapist too) and it will benefit both of us.

It's probably why I couldn't sleep last night! Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 am

Pandora wrote:

yeah, hehe, i know what it's like to have a unique POV also! Smile.

Pandora wrote:
    My new teaching master student is a very special person and we had a wonder-ful time! It's the first teacher I've brought into being, I've attuned a few to master practitioner level in the past but this is the first one that actually wanted to teach.

Her practice attunement on me was amazing for both of us. I've offered her regular supervision as part of her practice (she's a therapist too) and it will benefit both of us.

i'm not suprised you couldn't sleep! Very exciting time! And prob quite magical also? Dunno the spiritual inclinations of your student of course, but even if someone isn't Christian (like myself), it does seem a special time of year around now. The decided date for the training was made delibertely?

Hehe, i can just imagine your student sitting down in their home, all cozy over chriwtmas, with that blissful smile common to newly graduated students. Excellant stuff!

take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

yeah, hehe, i know what it's like to have a unique POV also! Smile.

Pandora wrote:

i'm not suprised you couldn't sleep! Very exciting time! And prob quite magical also? Dunno the spiritual inclinations of your student of course, but even if someone isn't Christian (like myself), it does seem a special time of year around now. The decided date for the training was made delibertely?

Hehe, i can just imagine your student sitting down in their home, all cozy over chriwtmas, with that blissful smile common to newly graduated students. Excellant stuff!

take care
    Wayne

She's of similar beliefs to me, and is a clairvoyant and a medium. We'd agreed the programme a year ago so that the master attunement would be just before Christmas. I could have planned the actual date for the training a couple of weeks before, but I've had a couple of Xmas dos on the Friday nights and I wanted to be clear for this event.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am