Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Lambs-Wool
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
7 posters

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments Empty The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:02 am

With regards to providing Reiki treatments for others

- in what ways do people incorporate the Reiki Principles/Precepts into their treatment practice?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments Empty Re: The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 am

Hi James,
    What immediately comes to mind is the they all are relevant to treating others. With the first one, perhaps not being an obvious one.

In no neccessary order..

specifically, Be kind to others. Compassion is the foundation for all spirituality. It's integral to expereincing Reiki.

Be grateful, for bearing witness to the divine as a catalyst for anothers healing.

Work hard. Do all you can to be fully in the moment during this treatment. You owe it to yourself, your client, and most importantly the divine.

Don't worry. If at times Reiki seems to be having no effect. It is as it should be. (I must remind myself of that one! Hehe).

Last but not least, Don't get angry, if you don't live up to your expectations of the way things should be in treatments. The great thing about Reiki, is, it & the recipient sort that out! Hehe.

These are some of the things of the top of my head. Good topic!

take care
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments Empty Percepts during treatments

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:43 pm

hi Wayne Smile

really an 'indiginous' way of incorporating reiki principles to the moments spent in treatment of others!

remarkable application of wisdom Smile [applause]

take care

salman
    Toma
    Toma

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments Empty The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments

Post by Toma Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:50 am

You mean actually using the principles as a part of the process of helping them heal?

Rlei_ki wrote:With regards to providing Reiki treatments for others

- in what ways do people incorporate the Reiki Principles/Precepts into their treatment practice?
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments Empty Re: The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Toma,

Toma wrote:You mean actually using the principles as a part of the process of helping them heal?

yes, that's the general direction my thoughts were leading in.

After all, the Principles are said to be:

"...the spiritual medicine of many illnesses"

Cool
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:35 am

Hmmm...very similar to the Noble Eightfold Path.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 am

The Principles/Precepts & Reiki Treatments The_ri11

Wink

Last edited by Rlei_ki on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:13 am

Very cute!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:30 am

Laughing
    Love it, James, that is really good!
    That is one prescription that we, as responsible Reiki practitioners, should be able to prescribe!

Would I be able to print out some copies of this to give to my students/attendees at my Reiki share?

Thanks
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 am

Yes, sure!

Also, if you go to http://www.aetw.org/clinic.html
    you can download a printable version (in either jpg or pdf format) with the Name, Address and Age fields left blank, so you can personalize the prescription for the person you wish to give it to.

Smile

Colin wrote:Laughing
    Love it, James, that is really good!
    That is one prescription that we, as responsible Reiki practitioners, should be able to prescribe!

Would I be able to print out some copies of this to give to my students/attendees at my Reiki share?

Thanks
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Last edited by Rlei_ki on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:51 am

Thanks, James!
    Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:21 am

fantastic precription James, hehe.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just for today...

Frees one to be focused in the short term, not bound to permanence...Relieves doubt in ones ability to strive for perfection, which mostly is unattainable. The first precept is allowing us to be patient, kind and compassionate with ourselves. Do not expect to be perfect. Do not expect to be the same person everyday. The world is dynamic...the environment changes constantly...To fail, at times is necessary in learning...To survive the day, is sometimes the victory.

Anger not...

Anger clouds judgement. Through action, anger leads to less than desireable outcomes, causes pain first to self, and secondly to those around us. Anger can stem from us trying to control outcomes and actions that we really cannot control...disappointment...detachment serves us well in this regard. Anger is the destroyer of relationships and our personal health. Heart disease, high blood pressure are just a couple of things that travel with anger...not to mention guilt.

Worry not...

Worry is born of projecting outcomes, or from having a predisposed view of ones self as coming up short to life`s challenges...If ones lives in the moment, and realizes that fear and disappointment are temporary emotions, then worry has less affect. Worry and anxiety lead to an unhappy life...fear is predominate in this emotion...no relaxation, no appreciation, no connection, as one is guarded when in this state of being.

Express gratitude...

When we focus on what we have accomplished, instead of what is not done, we are in harmony and at peace with the present. When we realize that our life, the opportunity to "experience ourselves" is all that we have, gratitude for all our experiences, and ourselves, becomes more realistic.

Work hard...

To give freely of ones abilities honors self and those who depend on us... Working hard honors the opportunities presented to us, there is gratitude in this. Giving freely, is giving honestly, nothing hidden, no deception. This commitment bares fruit on all levels...to everyone involved

Be kind to others...

Kindness projects and creates a compassionate state of existence. A compassionate state of existence decreases suffering, divisiveness, selfish actions, dissolves mistrust. If you erase these states/attitudes, you decrease the chances of war, hunger, hoarding of wealth...In this sense it creates oneness, as I am me, i am my brother/sister, i am my world, my universe. To extend compassion to self, is to extend it to everyone...compassion is a state of being, not an ideology. Compassion...is not...pity...It`s love, for lack of a better word.

So I think a few of us know the outcome of living in negativity. We can program our bodies to create more angst, more anger, more sadness, if we work at it over time. Negativity is not just a familiar state of mind...it becomes a chemical state of being...the receptors in our brain become conditioned to the chemicals produced by negative emotion, and our brain may actually grow more receptors, to help in the up take of the chemicals created by constant negative thought. Yet all is not lost. We can reprogram ourselves to grow in the opposite direction as well...Such is the power of the human mind and spirit.

It`s obvious that if the precepts are practiced, they will usually lead one to develope more thoughtfulness, more patience with ourselves and others, and more compassion. The precepts condition us to be detached and accepting of the less desireable experiences we face, and have faced.

These are ideas I have shared with some of the clients i have had in the past. My clients do not know them as precepts, yet some recognize their value all the same. Some clients understand, and some do not want to, or cannot, for various reasons I can only guess at. Even though i have thought on the precepts for a considerable time , and believe them to be what Usui intended them to be. At times i fall short....the human experience, for me at least, is an imperfect one.
    The first and last precept, seem to lead one, to recognize, and return, to the other three.

Just for today...

Be kind...

Smile RJ

Last edited by Reikijim on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed greeting)
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Excellent post, Jim!

I feel that the Reiki Principles, together with self-healing/meditation, are the foundation of Usui's system and the benefits of practicing these has effects not only on yourself but also the world around you.

Pity you can't be nominated again for this month's prize ! Laughing

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:28 am

Colin wrote:Excellent post, Jim!

I feel that the Reiki Principles, together with self-healing/meditation, are the foundation of Usui's system and the benefits of practicing these has effects not only on yourself but also the world around you.

Pity you can't be nominated again for this month's prize ! Laughing

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks...

Well just speaking from my own experiences, which is all i can do really. I share the ideas offered in your quote. This practice sets the stage for change in the individual, changing the individual, changes the world in the long run. We radiate the understanding we`ve learned, through the self healing meditation and a deeper understanding and application of the precepts. Changing the world , one person at a time...
    I wanted to share how I have interpreted the precepts and how this helps me and those I connect with through Reiki...

Thanks again for your comments Colin

:)RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 am

Great post bro!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:59 pm