Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Pandora
vijaybali
6 posters

Significance of X-MAS

vijaybali
    vijaybali

Significance of X-MAS Empty Significance of X-MAS

Post by vijaybali Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:40 am

Hia friends,

Wish you very happy X-mas.

Basically i am indian (Hindu) But i like to all friends share their festival and their Significance because my experienced is showing all festival of world have lot of postiveness and which made only well wishes of mankind. If we knew Significance of festival than we will more involved and get the benifit of festival and all become one means everybody comeout barrier of religion and nation and join festival with one hand.

So i am putting the Significance of X-mas . Pls forgive me after all i am hindu i don't knew much about this. So you can also add in this for well wishes of mankind.

My motive to understand postiveness behind festival......

Significance Of Christmas

The Significance of Christmas is known to men, all over the world. Though it is true that Christmas is celebrated as the day of the Birth of Christ into this world, yet it also symbolizes a very deeply significant truth of the spiritual life. Jesus Christ is the very personification of Divinity. He was born at a time when ignorance, superstition, greed, hatred and hypocrisy prevailed upon the land. Purity was forgotten and morality was neglected.

In the midst of these conditions, Christ was born and He worked a transformation in the lives of people. He gave a new and a spiritual turn to the lives of man. There came a change upon the land. People started upon a new way of life. Thus a new era dawned for the world.

In that period the seeker has no thought of God or higher spiritual life. He lives a life of lust, anger, greed, deluded attachment, pride and jealousy. If the seeker must enter into a new life of spiritual aspiration, purity and devotion, then the Christ-spirit must take its birth within his heart. That is the real Christmas when the Divine element begins to express itself in the heart of the man. From then onward, light begins to shine where darkness was before.

A very small, but very beautiful, point of deep significance is attached to Christmas. It is the time and the manner of the birth of the Lord upon the holy Christmas day. Jesus Christ was not born in a grand palace. He was not born to very wealthy or learned parents. Jesus Christ was born in a simple lowly place, a corner of a stable. He was born to humble and poor parents, who had nothing to boast about, except their own spotless character and holiness.

The above point of deep significance tells that the spiritual awakening comes to the seeker, who is perfectly humble and "meek" and "poor in spirit." The quality of true humility is one of the indispensable fundamentals. Then we find simplicity, holiness and the renunciation of all desire for worldly wealth and pride of learning. Thirdly, even as Christ was born unknown to the world and in the obscurity of darkness, even so, the advent of the Christ-spirit takes place in the inwardness of man when there is total self-effacement self-abnegation.

Wish you very happy X-mas

thanks, love and regards,,

vj
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Significance of X-MAS Empty Re: Significance of X-MAS

Post by Pandora Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:29 am

The traditional interpretation of Christmas is that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, who was sent to earth to directly atone for the original sin committed by Adam and Eve and enable mankind to gain eternal life. His atonement was facilitated by his death by crucifixion, and resurrection. "For as in Adam all died, so in Jesus we all rise to eternal life". At Christmas, therefore, we celebrate his birth, and at Easter we celebrate his death and resurrection.

I do like your posting though Vijay! My Hindu friends send me a Christmas card every year. The first time they did this I asked them why, and they said "We have 3,000 gods of our own: one more won't make any difference!".
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:14 am

Pandora wrote: My Hindu friends send me a Christmas card every year. The first time they did this I asked them why, and they said "We have 3,000 gods of our own: one more won't make any difference!".

Wow....that`s fantastic...nice to see tolerance and acceptance between different religions...

Smile RJ
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:11 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Pandora wrote: My Hindu friends send me a Christmas card every year. The first time they did this I asked them why, and they said "We have 3,000 gods of our own: one more won't make any difference!".

Wow....that`s fantastic...nice to see tolerance and acceptance between different religions...

Smile RJ

let me tell you a story, completely unrelated to anything...

Just before the 2002 World Cup, the people who lived 3 doors down from them were putting an English flag up (Cross of St George, red cross on white background). Sikh in turban attaching the flag to the upstairs windowframe: West Indian holding the ladder. I wish I'd have taken a photo!
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:26 am

Hai Pandora

Pandora wrote:
    I do like your posting though Vijay! My Hindu friends send me a Christmas card every year. The first time they did this I asked them why, and they said "We have 3,000 gods of our own: one more won't make any difference!".

lovely i think your friend put little less we have 3.3 million of gods. it is beauty of our religion we loved all and find god everywhere and all things.

Thanks and regards
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:06 am

vijaybali wrote:Hai Pandora

Pandora wrote:

lovely i think your friend put little less we have 3.3 million of gods. it is beauty of our religion we loved all and find god everywhere and all things.

Thanks and regards
    vj

Does that include Goddess?

In the Catholic Church one
    God and about 10,000 saints
    to ask favors from.I believe
    there's no offical # number
    on cannonized saints.

Is Reiki accepted in Indian
    religons santa
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:22 am

dear chi_solas

Does that include Goddess?

Sir i mis it in need to write god and their family

Is Reiki accepted in Indian
    religons santa[/quote]

yes definately and i felt it is there thousand year but hide form means Saint gave to only one fellowers and other don't knew and people only got blessing but our reiki saint made is visiable for all.
    Thanks and regards to them

keep it up
    thanks and regard
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:54 am

vj does your "Reiki" saint have a name
    or special power given to heal? sunny
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:22 am

Pandora wrote:The traditional interpretation of Christmas is that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, who was sent to earth to directly atone for the original sin committed by Adam and Eve and enable mankind to gain eternal life. His atonement was facilitated by his death by crucifixion, and resurrection. "For as in Adam all died, so in Jesus we all rise to eternal life". At Christmas, therefore, we celebrate his birth, and at Easter we celebrate his death and resurrection.

I find it quite hilarious that Jesus' birth is celebrated at this time of year when infact the historical Jesus wasn't born then.... a Fact that most Christians choose to ignore!! laughable beyond belief to me....
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:44 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    Pandora wrote:The traditional interpretation of Christmas is that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, who was sent to earth to directly atone for the original sin committed by Adam and Eve and enable mankind to gain eternal life. His atonement was facilitated by his death by crucifixion, and resurrection. "For as in Adam all died, so in Jesus we all rise to eternal life". At Christmas, therefore, we celebrate his birth, and at Easter we celebrate his death and resurrection.

I find it quite hilarious that Jesus' birth is celebrated at this time of year when infact the historical Jesus wasn't born then.... a Fact that most Christians choose to ignore!! laughable beyond belief to me....

can you give us more facts. I know folks who believe that jesus had siblings
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:50 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

The Bible tells us that Jesus had siblings. I can't find the passage right now, but there is one where people are questioning his preaching because they know his father and mother and siblings, and basically saying that he's not a priest or Levite so he can't speak with any authority on religion.

There is a grave in Srinagar, India, which is claimed to be the final resting place of Jesus. In this version, he survived the crucifixion, married Mary Magdalene and they travelled eastwards until they got to Srinagar, where they settled and raised a family. The grave is very well known there, and a TV programme showed last year in the UK detailing the story.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:32 am

Pandora wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

The Bible tells us that Jesus had siblings. I can't find the passage right now, but there is one where people are questioning his preaching because they know his father and mother and siblings, and basically saying that he's not a priest or Levite so he can't speak with any authority on religion.

There is a grave in Srinagar, India, which is claimed to be the final resting place of Jesus. In this version, he survived the crucifixion, married Mary Magdalene and they travelled eastwards until they got to Srinagar, where they settled and raised a family. The grave is very well known there, and a TV programme showed last year in the UK detailing the story.

I've never heard about the grave in
    Srinagar. Sounds much like Usui's
    Reiki history. Depends who tells the
    story. santa
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 am

Pandora wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Here are the relevant verses:

"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him." Mark 6:3. Also in Matt 13:55, and see also Mark 3:32 (and it's paralllel, Luke 8:19), John 2:12, John 7:5.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:22 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

oh boy, I'm really struggling here!!! I got a laptop for xmas and haven;t figured out how to use it properly....I've saved some interesting info regarding possible and likely dates for his birth......and also info as to why the heads of the Christian church chose that date to coincide with pagan celebrations..... but I'm afraid I can't figure out how to get that info from my documemts to this thread... bear with me I'll get there at some point....it feels weird having no mouse to copy and paste with....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:49 am

Yeah, you got a laptop with a touchpad on it? Takes a bit getting used too!

I've read the stuff you're talking bout also. I'm up to my eyes in other things atm, might get some posted later bout it.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

oh boy, I'm really struggling here!!! I got a laptop for xmas and haven;t figured out how to use it properly....I've saved some interesting info regarding possible and likely dates for his birth......and also info as to why the heads of the Christian church chose that date to coincide with pagan celebrations..... but I'm afraid I can't figure out how to get that info from my documemts to this thread... bear with me I'll get there at some point....it feels weird having no mouse to copy and paste with....

I've read that before the days of computer
    Christianity had a way of trying to entice
    the pagans into their fold. My name sake
    Saint Bridget February 2nd can be either
    celebrated as Saint Bridget's day or the
    Goddess Bridget's day. It's pretty hard to
    tell the Saint from the Goddess santa
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:17 am

You're both!! bashburn
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 am

Just briefly, For the Roman empire to accept Christianity smoothly(as it was still officially Pagan), Emperor Constantine (reign approx 300 AD) decided it best to amalgamate aspects of Pagan worship with Christianity. Hence the date of Dec 25th, which is Sol Invictus - the winter solstice in Pagan Rome. In the council of constantinople, much about real Christianity was changed.

The above is a matter of debate. As is the theory that Dec 25th was picked merely cause it comes 9 months exactly after the purported immaculate conception, March 25th, Feast of Annunctiation. I'm guessing this is along the lines of Sharon suggesting historically, it may be inaccurate.

there's much more stuff to tie in Christianity with Pagan worship. Personally, i went through a heart-breaking time about a year ago. I watched a documentary bout all this, and it shook my assumed beleive about what i thought i knew bout God. I done my own research on the documentaries points, and found a lot not entirely accurate. Even going as far as contacting the director, and arguing with folks promoting the film. anyhow, what is true, is if one looks at the Vatican from the sky, it's actually a sundial, and the holy fathers title 'Pontifex Maximus' is actually the exact saem title the state Pagan religion leader held. The sun is in many statues in Vatican. As is egyptian Obleisk, and a sphink like statue. Also, a statue looking very like a pineal gland. And also on the holy sceptre, what looks very much like a pineal gland. Pineal gland responsible for spirituality. There's loads more stuff, this just off the top of my head.

It's also said Dec 25th was nominated in middle ages.

As an aside, Gnosticism says that the God of the old testament & the God of the new testament are two different Gods. The God of the old testament is an asshole, imo, hehe. Jealous, vengeful, violent, temperamental. It's said he is the creator of this reality, that's true.

however, there's another, ultimate creator. One whom actually 'creates' without intention. he created light as a by-product, and two forms kinda like male & female, and these in turn create. Right down to a female. She gave birth to a male, and he turned out pretty bad, materialistic, the baser stuff of existence. If there's evil, he'd be it more or less. He is full of ego, and only believed him & his mum were the only gods. His mum, whom gnosticism says is our 'mother', showed a higher God. In a rage, her son created this existence, where he'd be supreme God.

anyhow, i'm rambling, hehe. The message of the new testament is th ehigher gods, trying to let us know of the light, that's within us, and that we're ultimatly a part of. In many ways there's a battle going on. The creator God of this reality will try to keep us slave to base needs. Wheras the mother, and higher gods, are trying to make us aware of the light. Hence the amazing difference between old & new testament.

This explains ( to me) why it's futile asking the question 'God! why did you do this?!!' Cause we humans aren't as important as we've made ourselves out to be. And, since the ultimate, formless creator never intended to create anything, hes' not really interested in our minuscule lives, Whilst the creator of this reality is only interested in his own needs. further down we go from the real creator, more take a bit of interest. It's possibly interesting, if what the Gnostics say is true, and sauch reality is made like this one was, the possibility of multiple realities/universes in very plausible. This complemenents quantum physics & string theory.

This is Gnostic stuff that they take from the approx. 2000 years ago, so don't shoot me for mentioning it, hehe! there's much in the message of the new testamment irrespective of whether Jesus was whom is said, imo.

take care
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:01 pm

oh bloody hell, i just wrote a long post and lost it all.........perhaps thats a sign that I should just say.....all religion is man made, god has no relgion.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm surprised you only started questioning your religion about a year ago wayne..... I was raised a catholic up until I was about 12 and started questionng catholicism when I was at junior school.....I had so many questions as a child, but none were ever satisfactorily answered by my educators...

I hate religions for the troubles they cause...........to thousands they bring some kind of solace ut at what cost? at the ill-conceieved idea that their one religion has the monopoly on god? and that all others are damned to hell??......religion makes me sad for humanity...we need spirituality and do away with religion...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:02 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:I'm surprised you only started questioning your religion about a year ago wayne.....

i'm a late developer, hehe.

Nah, i wasn't Christian a year ago. Havn't been christian for many years. Still felt upset though, Smile.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    I hate religions for the troubles they cause...........to thousands they bring some kind of solace ut at what cost? at the ill-conceieved idea that their one religion has the monopoly on god? and that all others are damned to hell??......religion makes me sad for humanity...we need spirituality and do away with religion...

Some people need structure in their lives. Religion gives then that spiritual structure. Religion isn't the problem, humanity is. We fight & kill over politics, religion, race, football, the next door neighbours wife, money, anything. none of these things are at fault. The people doing it are.

Take care
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 am

well i agree wih wht you are saying but also say that religion IS at fault..... but I won't get on one....I won't fiht with you over our differences of opinions ahahaha
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:14 am

i won't fiht with you either, Laughing
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

this machine is a bit sensitive so I don't hit the keys too hard and enevitably miss letters off..... is there a forum for computer stuff on here?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 am

hey, you're not as bad as my many typos!

Nah, no computer section here, unlike many other Reiki forums, we concentrate on Reiki here, hehe. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:20 pm