Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
Shakti ~ Rising
vijaybali
AlienProgeny
Milarepa
chi_solas
rzukic
10 posters

Reiki and Atheism?

rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Reiki and Atheism? - Page 3 Empty Re: Reiki and Atheism?

Post by rzukic Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:04 am

Milarepa wrote:Hi Resko, i ended up having about 4 in the end, hehe. That's my quota for another 6 months!

Very Happy Now we talking!!Last night I was on wedding I believe I have matched that ….could be even more but I have lost count bro since it was long night ... Very Happy

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

hope you had a great night!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:I'm still pro ale and anti-religion Very Happy

thanks for your response Salman and Bridget..

I never will understand why people feel the need to be part of a tribe and be defined by that tribe.....people define themselves by so many labels these days...

thanks for your nice thoughts too Sharon Smile

your thoughts shed light on new things for me to go on !

discussion is always good Smile

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:50 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:I'm still pro ale and anti-religion Very Happy

thanks for your response Salman and Bridget..

I never will understand why people feel the need to be part of a tribe and be defined by that tribe.....people define themselves by so many labels these days...

We are all at a different place on our life's path.
    Some of us need the support of a group as we learn
    the ropes along the way. Then some of us let go
    sooner than others affraid
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Not directed exactly at you Bridget..

some of us don't care either way, but find value in respecting all paths, Smile.

If a person thinks they're more further along the path of spirituality cause they 'cast of the shackles of religion' they're deluding themselves. No way is ultimately better than another. At different times, for different people, different meals taste more appetising.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 am

Milarepa wrote:Not directed exactly at you Bridget..

some of us don't care either way, but find value in respecting all paths, Smile.

If a person thinks they're more further along the path of spirituality cause they 'cast of the shackles of religion' they're deluding themselves. No way is ultimately better than another. At different times, for different people, different meals taste more appetising.

Each of us travel our own path.
    We may include some of the same
    habits/patterns as others as we
    travel. Not all people are aware
    that they can change the course
    that they are on. They hold on to
    hereditary beliefs that do not
    serve their best interests. Thinking
    & Self-talk creates our world. The
    law of attraction is powerful. sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 pm

even within a religion, people experience things in their own personalized way Smile although, religions are meant to be sorta 'uniform' for the followers, those followers have yet to follow the general tendency of human nature that 'i have my own way of seeing the things'

so whether or not we are within a religion, a recourse to an indigenous self-discovery is a must ! that point onwards, if we continue to practice the same religion, we do have a well-felt feeling that our path is not exclusively the 'only possible' path, rather there are others too.... this leads us to imbibe a deep respect within us for all the religions across board !

Thinking
    law of attraction is powerful.

thats awsome ! Smile

take care

salman
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:36 am

hmmm so if ones becomes imbued with respect for other paths then why is it so wrong to uitilise tools of self discovery within other paths?
    afterall Reiki is a very profound tool for spiritual awakening, which doesn't belong to any particular religious path ( although it has its roots in esoteric buddhism)....if one was only to stick to one chosen religious path they might miss out on the most profound tools for spiritual awakening....
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:Not directed exactly at you Bridget..

Each of us travel our own path.
    We may include some of the same
    habits/patterns as others as we
    travel. Not all people are aware
    that they can change the course
    that they are on. They hold on to
    hereditary beliefs that do not
    serve their best interests. Thinking
    law of attraction is powerful. sunny

*nods*

some quotes I like....

When patterns are broken new worlds can emerge
    ~ Tuli Kupferberg

Despite your best intentions, the effects of traditions can prevent you from carrying out your intent. We seldom recognize the hypnotic effect of tradition and conditioning in our life. We seldom think deeply enough to discover the source of these ideas and the control they have over us
    ~ unknown
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 am

where does practicing a Reiki style fit into your idea of 'traditional'?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 am

well I do practice my own way wayne...I remember my first teachings in Reiki it was with the Jin Kei Do Lineage......and my teacher showed me how to hold my hands and where to place my hands while giving a treatment...I remember thinking at the time, that this nonsense, to me its equally as stupid as saying one has to have a straight spine while meditating, well what about those people with bent and twisted spines in wheelchairs, are they beyond being able to 'meditate' because they cant sit upright with a straight spine?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:25 am

but later as I learned more with my teacher I discovered that she didn't do this herself she would just simply place hands on the recipients shoulders and know the Reiki would go wher it needed...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:well I do practice my own way wayne...I remember my first teachings in Reiki it was with the Jin Kei Do Lineage......and my teacher showed me how to hold my hands and where to place my hands while giving a treatment...I remember thinking at the time, that this nonsense, to me its equally as stupid as saying one has to have a straight spine while meditating, well what about those people with bent and twisted spines in wheelchairs, are they beyond being able to 'meditate' because they cant sit upright with a straight spine?

I guess with folks with those issues a spiritual teacher wouldn't tell them to kepe their back straight. From yoga, a straight back is required in order to more easily do some sitting postures. A slouchy back can make the knees rise up, and it's optimal to have the knees/and or thighs, flush against the ground.

A straight spine is also said to be a prerequisite to some states of Jnana. Now, if a person can't do that, that doesn't mean they won't experience anything. Things like a straight spine are advised to make an already challenging thing more easy.

Energetically, good posture helps things move more easier. If we look at folks who do yoga often, they naturally have a taller gait. It's natural for a reason.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:but later as I learned more with my teacher I discovered that she didn't do this herself she would just simply place hands on the recipients shoulders and know the Reiki would go wher it needed...

if someone treated my toothace, or sprained ankle like that, i'd ask for my cash back, but that's just me. This negates any need for an understanding of anatomy or physiology. And too long in a treatment to sort out definitely actute ailments?

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:58 am

so you don't believe the energy will go where it needs to? one can't always put their hands on the area of pain to relieve it as we are all aware of referred pain... also much physical poain stems from an emotional level, I have no doubt that where ever we place our hands the energy where go to what ever level of being is required...having a good understanding of anatomy and physiology helps us when people tell us about their health problems.... but in order to practice spiritual healing one does not need any knowledge of this because at the end of the day we are not doing the healing, because we do not know what that person requires or at what level of being......I place my hands to where ever they feel guided to go......
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:08 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:so you don't believe the energy will go where it needs to?

Maybe eventually. thought that's useless to someone in pain right now. when a simple placing of hands on area of pain will bring quicker relief.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    one can't always put their hands on the area of pain to relieve it as we are all aware of referred pain...

that's why we got technqiues such as Koki ho, Byosen, or Reiji ho. We'll know what needs to be done.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    also much physical poain stems from an emotional level, I have no doubt that where ever we place our hands the energy where go to what ever level of being is required...having a good understanding of anatomy and physiology helps us when people tell us about their health problems.... but in order to practice spiritual healing one does not need any knowledge of this because at the end of the day we are not doing the healing, because we do not know what that person requires or at what level of being......I place my hands to where ever they feel guided to go......

if through our preliminary activites (or beyond) we find something emotional, we got SHK for that.

A scenario might be, if someone with a brain tumour came to me for treatment, but i decided to treat their kneecaps, that might be ok. for a while. if i had continued to take cash, whilst not even going anywhere near the tumour, i'd be irresponsbile, and could very well have a civil court case agianst me by angry relatives. Not to mention Reiki bieng maybe labelled as daft. This kinda way of treating could be also hard to sell to hospitals?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 am

when i first started out in healing i used to scan the body....but i stopped doing that years ago and i have never done it with reiki...I trust Reiki completely my part in a session is a very passive one ...I do little other than ask that the reiki go where needed for the highest good of the recipient....thats it. Smile
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Reiki and Atheism? - Page 3 Empty reiki and atheism

Post by vijaybali Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:19 pm

hai friends,

Nice discussion even this is very common in reiki people and most of people is not favors of religion philosophy I feel they are right but this is one side of coin and we are unable to see other side and this thought came in mind just few hour before otherwise I was also like other friends.

Religion and Spirituality both are two corner of river one is ultimate and other is way to find ultimate.

Today whatever we feel it is due to upgraded our level but for beginner religion is must and easy way to move to spirituality after that it depend learner unto which level he wants to move and beginners it is very difficult to understand which level we are. So all thing doing it role… and all of them important.

We all also related to some religion and if I see my experience I learned a lot from my religion and also give me taste to understand others. So how I neglect religion and it is also same for you.

Our saint has given us real spirituality but their follower attach lot of own thoughts and present it in front of innocent people in such way it look like spirituality. But it is not mean it is 100% wrong. Spirituality part is there only thing we need to expand our thought and share with others and education also play very important role to judge right and wrong. But reiki play role of filter and bring out truth in front of us.

Now I religion is also important or starting class of spirituality. Reiki takes us upgraded level of spirituality and when we more upgrade than we will find some more way to more upgraded and that time may be feel reiki is less effect. But it is wrong all thing is playing their role for soul achieved their mission and those continue in this process they will get
    Ultimate……

Thanks and love
    vj
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:so you don't believe the energy will go where it needs to?

Maybe eventually. thought that's useless to someone in pain right now. when a simple placing of hands on area of pain will bring quicker relief.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    one can't always put their hands on the area of pain to relieve it as we are all aware of referred pain...

that's why we got technqiues such as Koki ho, Byosen, or Reiji ho. We'll know what needs to be done.

And also, the Usui treatment manual and the Hayashi treatment manual prescribe the use of particular hand positions for the treatment of particular conditions. Apparently, they thought there was some advantage to specificity in treatment.

There's especially some advantage to specificity in treatment when treatment session time is limited.

Bruce
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 am

well I dont agree with that Bruce, I see no porpuse( excuas e spelling am pissed) in the use of specific hand positions at all... ( this is just my experice_)

and VJ 'Reiki play role of filter and bring out truth in all of us'.....I couldn't agree more!! I love you
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:well I dont agree with that Bruce, I see no porpuse [. . .] in the use of specific hand positions at all... ( this is just my experice_)

Do you think that Usui and Hayashi and Takata taught specific hand positions just for the heck of it? (Meaning, for no reason at all?)

excuas e spelling am pissed)

"Just for today . . . ." Or maybe you disagree with that part of the reiki system, too. Laughing Sleep
    [edit: In hindsight, I'm suspecting that there's some divergence in Brit and American meanings for the slang term "pissed."
    a few minutes later: Yeah, confirmed. This could be a point of departure for musings on mindfulness and reiki. Laughing ]

Always fun.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Laughing
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Dear Shakti ~ Rising
    and VJ 'Reiki play role of filter and bring out truth in all of us'.....I couldn't agree more!! I love you[/quote]

pls, can you explain why you are not agree, may be i get some more good idea.
    thanks and love
    vj
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:27 pm

vijaybali wrote:Dear Shakti ~ Rising
    and VJ 'Reiki play role of filter and bring out truth in all of us'.....I couldn't agree more!! I love you

pls, can you explain why you are not agree, may be i get some more good idea.
    thanks and love
    vj

Hi, Vijay,

I think shakti is saying that she agrees with you. She'll probably be along to clarify soon, anyway.

Bruce
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 am

hai bruce,

thanks

vjjavascript:emoticonp('heart smiley')

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:08 am