Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

One Usui Shiki Ryoho perspective

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

One Usui Shiki Ryoho perspective Empty One Usui Shiki Ryoho perspective

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 am

A Spiritual Way

The spirituality in Usui Shiki Ryoho is so profound, yet so simple, that's it's actually very easy to miss. Once things are highlighted, we realise it's obvious of course. Though as James Deacon once told me, "What you see depends on not just what you look at, but where you look from".

Usui Shiki Ryoho is an immensely spiritual path. Hawayo Takata experienced Reiki every single day, and applied the Reiki principles to every part of her day to day life. The latter being easy to write, or for us to nod in agreement, but not as easy to mindfully put into practice. The experience/phenomena we call Reiki is one of the most simple but special things humans have. To become so mindfull in our self treatments that we become one with the technqiue, with reality melting away all around us, can surely be something akin to the divine smiling upon us. The blessing of being able to experience this every single day is immense. The Reiki experience has got the perfect partner, in our 5 principles. As Rick Bockner (Master student of Hawayo Takata) said, the principles begin with focus on ourselves, and slowly expand out to everything & everyone else in this world. The principles themselves are a spiritual 'road-map', but combined with the Reiki experience, they're both formidable. Hawayo Takata focussed on Reiki being primarily for ourselves, for our own self-treatments. Things in this paragraph alone are a complete spiritual path, as taught in Usui Shiki Ryoho.

Hawayo Takata liked to teach things simple, and 'head-stuff' wasn't that important. Her Master students were inclined this way also, and were more interested in experiencing this Reiki. Just what is it that is being experienced? On more than one occasion Hawayo Takata commented about Reiki and a divine creator. Using the word 'God'. This doesn't tie Reiki in with any religion, or other man-made vehicle besides Usui Shiki Ryoho. 'God' is just another word to describe something divine, supremely spiritual, bigger than the 'I' or 'Me'. Chujiro Hayashi also told Hawayo Takata that he himself was spiritual, as was indeed Mikao Usui. In both cases, recounting the History of Reiki, using commonly known expressions of the divine.

Usui Shiki Ryoho is simple, in an innocent, child-like way. The exact way deep, profound, and immensely rewarding spirituality can be. It doesn't need a myriad of teachings, techniques, for our mind to constantly jump from one thing to another. Simple, straightforward, effective, and a sheer joy to experience....
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

One Usui Shiki Ryoho perspective Empty Re: One Usui Shiki Ryoho perspective

Post by Colin Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:04 am

What a great post, Wayne Very Happy

A joy to read and an inspiration to try our best to understand the value and experience of the many spiritual aspects of our Reiki practice.

Here is a link to another Usui Shiki Ryoho perspective, from Phyllis Furumoto, as she talks about the energetic aspect of the Reiki Story. She also tells the story in her own words and her comments at the very end of the radio show in particular, show how far she has travelled along her own spiritual Reiki path.

http://www.reikitalkshow.com/shows/view/71/archive_page:1

Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:06 am

is her perspective better than mine? Ok, hehe, i'm only joking! thanks for the link colin, i'll check it out after i watch Fringe with the missus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 am