Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Master students' names

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Master students' names Empty Master students' names

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat May 29, 2010 8:21 pm

hi !

i want to compile the names of Usui's 21 Master Students and Hayashi's 13 Master Students. i don't know if we have an all round consensus on these names, but anyhow, i need to know these names.
    bounce

please share some link or info

take care

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Master students' names Empty Re: Master students' names

Post by Colin Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 am

Hi Salman

Some of the best information about Takata's 22 can be found here:

http://www.robertfueston.com/reiki/articles/article_on_takatas_22.html

As for Hayashi Sensei's Master Students, I don't think we know all 13 of them.

There is obviously Hawayo Takata and Wasaburo Sugano (who taught Chiyoko Yamaguchi the Reiju we use in Jikiden Reiki). Also Chie Hayashi, his wife, carried on teaching Reiki for a while after Chujiro died.

Apart from that there are two 'possibles' for which I have not seen any actual evidence: Tatsumi Sensei, who Dave King and Melissa Riggall are said to have met on a trip to Japan, apparently had lots of notes in Hayashi's and Usui's handwriting. However, Dave King has not made much of this available to the public, apart from tracing of Reiki 2 symbols and some anecdotal evidence, which can be found on Rock Rivard's website.

Then there is Takeuchi Sensei, who is said to have taught Seiji Takamori who taught Dr Ranga Premaratna, who developed Reiki Jin Kei Do, which seems to have a focus on chakras and Buddhist meditations. There is no documentary evidence for him as far as I know.

Other students, thought not at Master Level (as far as I know) were Shou Matsui, the playwright and possibly Kaiji Tomita, who some say may actually have been a student of Usui. There were also many members of Chiyoko Yamaguchi's family who were taught by Chujiro Hayashi, when he visited their area, including other Yamaguchi's, Ushio's and Iwamoto's but I don't know which levels they all reached.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Real thanks Dear Colin Smile

i needed a start off to do some research within the referred area, and you have provided me good number of names to start with.... i might ask you things over and over within this while, as i know you have a very rich reservoir about history of reiki people, and of styles too !

having you in this thread is a lot of comfort and pleasure for me.

take care

salman
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon May 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi Salman

The following is a list of names of people, claimed by various sources, to be some of Usui-sensei' students (though not all are necessarily 'Master-level' students):

Toshihiro Eguchi
    - founder of Eguchi Te-no-hira Ryoji Kenkyukai (Palm Healing Research Association)

Chujiro Hayashi

Tetsutaro Imaizumi
    - Naval Officer

Imae Mine
    - Musician

Harue Nagana

Kozo (or Keizo) Ogawa

- opened a Reiki clinic in Shizuoka City.

Masayuki Okada
    - Doctor of Literature (composed Usui Memorial text)

Suzuki San
    (Mariko Suzuki*)
    - Buddhist nun

Kanichi (or Iichi) Taketomi
    - 3rd Gakkai president, Naval officer

Tenon In (*also named Mariko)
    - Buddhist nun

Kaiji Tomita
    - founder of 'Tomita Teate Ryohokai' (Tomita Hand-Healing Association).

Sonoo Tsuboi
    - Tea Ceremony Master

Juzuboro Ushida

- 2nd Gakkai president, Naval officer

Yoshiharu (or: Yoshiji) Watanabe

- school teacher, 4th Gakkai president

Kioshi Itami Watanabe
    - claimed in one Reiki story to be Usui-sensei's direct successor and inheritor of all of Usui¹s notes

Yoshiharu (aka: 'Soke Dai')
    - claimed in another Reiki story to be Usui-sensei's direct successor and inheritor of all of Usui¹s notes

Yuri In
    - Buddhist nun

However, I feel it is important to be mindful that while several of the people named on this list are indeed 'historically verifiable', there is has been much debate concerning whether or not several of the others were actually Usui-sensei's students, or for that matter, whether or not these individuals even exist(ed)

silent
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:05 am

ah, a right shot James !

thanks so much...

i need to find bits and pieces of info about these personalities.. this is intended to 'ground' me deeper within japaneese (reiki) culture... a good start to be getting familiar with origins!

but before, i have a big topic ahead... and that is jumon... thank you for your kindness that what you guided me some hints about jumon.. i will use that info with the information availalbe on your site... thats a good start for me James.

thanks a lot sir! Smile

*gassho*

salman
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am

Just another few thoughts...

In the Reiki Ryoho Hikkei (Reiki Treatment Companion), Usui-sensei is quoted as saying:

"Its an old tradition that if someone discovers a secret art, they keep it within the family to secure a future for their heirs and descendants. It is not shared with others.
    But this is an old-fashioned custom from the old century. In this modern era human happiness is based on living and working together and a desire for social development. For this reason, I wont allow it to just be kept within the family..."

Yet while Usui-sensei chose not to keep the 'secret' of the art solely within his family, it is highly likely that he did at very least share it with his family.

Now while there are no specific accounts of any of his family members being Reiki masters or practicing/teaching Reiki in Usui-sensei's (public) dojo, I feel we must consider the likelihood that some if not all of his family may have been taught the art by Usui-sensei.

So, I propose the following immediate family members as individuals whose names perhaps belong on the list I provided earlier:

Fuji Usui - Usui-sensei's son and heir

Sadako Usui - wife

Toshiko Usui - daughter

other names for consideration:

Tsuru Usui - Usui-sensei's elder sister

Kuniji Usui - brother

Sanya (or Sanai) Usui - brother

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:16 pm