Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Thaak
Dragonfly
Rlei_ki
7 posters

Enhancing the 'Reiki Flow'...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Enhancing the 'Reiki Flow'... Empty Enhancing the 'Reiki Flow'...

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 am

I frequently receive emails from people asking me about ways to enhance their 'Reiki flow'

Now, beyond drawing their attention to the understanding that sometimes, 'less is more' (– that in certain situations, what is actually needed to facilitate optimal healing is a very gentle, subtle flow rather than a strong, 'impressive', one), the obvious thing would probably be to simply share with these people several of the so-called 'Japanese Reiki Techniques' such as:
    Hatsurei Ho
    Gassho Meiso/Gassho Kokyu Ho
    Makoto no Kokyu Ho

and possibly other practices, such as:
    Kokoro no Kokyu
    Seika Tanden Kokyu
    or Seitodo.

However, aside from 'prescribing' techniques, I feel we should always be mindful of any underlying reasons as to why, sometimes, we may feel a need to 'boost' our Reiki flow (or at least, to boost our perception of / sensitivity to, our Reiki flow)

Is there perhaps something in our general overall lifestyle, or perhaps some more specific thing, we are doing (or not doing) that is inhibiting, or otherwise having a less than helpful influence on, the natural Reiki flow?

If there is, then simply resorting to the previously-mentioned techniques, while ignoring the causes of the situation, may not actually result in the level of improvement we would hope to see.

So, my question is to anyone and everyone on the forum is this:

In examining your own, personal practice, (rather than simply accepting what you have been told by others) what factors are you aware of as having debilitating effects on your 'Reiki flow' - and also, what are you aware of as having enhancing effects?

To what extent is the Reiki flow influenced by:

your mood
    stress/relaxation level
    the time of day*
    certain foods and/or drinks (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
    tiredness
    hunger
    environment (i.e. specific location in which you are practicing)
    sensory stimulus – heat/cold, pressure, motion, sight, sounds, odours/fragrances, etc
    being in the company of others/being alone
    interruptions
    level of mindfulness/focus
    feelings/assumptions about the person you are treating (yourself included)

or any thing else you are aware of.

What changes can we implement to enhance our Reiki flow ?

[* Takata-sensei commented how she personally felt the energy was 'higher' around 5.30 -6.00 am]

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Enhancing the 'Reiki Flow'... Empty Re: Enhancing the 'Reiki Flow'...

Post by Dragonfly Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:45 pm

I would say that all of the things you list may affect my perception of the flow of energy but I have repeatedly been surprised that on the days when I might have felt "off" or my flow was not as strong that my clients reported the same beneficial effects or could feel the energy flowing strongly from me. So I have learned to trust the process, regardless of what I might perceive from day to day.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm

I think this may be a cultural thing in some cases. Americans (and dare I say in general westerners) are typically impressed by power.

As such, I think it is important to remind folk, that power is not necessarily important as James mentioned.

Took me awhile to learn this one.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 am

I have noticed a couple of instances where the Reiki was so strong that the client felt overwhelmed, or experienced some nausea. So, sometimes it is good to back off a bit if needed. Same approach for animals, who often cannot tolerate a lot of Reiki at once (my dog being one of them, since she is already skittish about thunderstorms and other electrical/energetic changes.)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:31 am

Thaak wrote:I think this may be a cultural thing in some cases. Americans (and dare I say in general westerners) are typically impressed by power. ....

No, no, Andy, i think it's only you Americans who are impressed by it. lol! .

Only joking bro, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:32 am

[quote="Milarepa"]
    Thaak wrote:I think this may be a cultural thing in some cases. Americans (and dare I say in general westerners) are typically impressed by power. ....
    quote]

No, no, Andy, i think it's only you Americans who are impressed by it. lol! .

Only joking bro, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

HEHE
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:50 am

Thaak wrote:I think this may be a cultural thing in some cases. Americans (and dare I say in general westerners) are typically impressed by power.

As such, I think it is important to remind folk, that power is not necessarily important as James mentioned.

Took me awhile to learn this one.

COUGH !! COUGHH!!!
    Something caught in my throat, Laughing

cyclops

lol!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Enhancing the 'Reiki Flow'... Empty what factors are you aware of as having debilitating effects on your 'Reiki flow' - and also, what are you aware of as having enhancing effects?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:12 am

what factors are you aware of as having debilitating effects on your 'Reiki flow' - and also, what are you aware of as having enhancing effects?

I think this is an AWESOME question!!!! cheers

I hate eating a high carb meal before the session, just makes me sluggish.
    I prefer liquid food or snacks.

I love using crystals for a session, When I have used them to send long distance, it gets icy cold. Fascinating.
    I am not an expert but recently I have been going cuckoo over crystals!

To prepare myself before a session I blast this beautiful, heavenly bhajan style music with sanskrit 'slokha's and it takes me awaaay.....!!
    I shower and cleanse the room while singing along...I am not on plain earth anymore! Laughing

I also love doing Sudharshan Kriya before a session.. it enhances the experience!

Then I do my best.
    I do get preoccupied about how the session went and if I did everything right, etc,.
    I would like to change that, though.

@QQQQQQQ0
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:46 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    Then I do my best.
    I do get preoccupied about how the session went and if I did everything right, etc,.
    I would like to change that, though.

@QQQQQQQ0

That's part of the surrender thing.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:20 am

That's part of the surrender thing.

Oh, Su....weeet!
    That's the one??

bounce

@QQQQQQQ0
    raven
    raven
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by raven Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:46 am

cheers

so how about Sudharshan Kriya ?? yoga???

before a session i am usually on empty - as in am empty tummy to enhance my connectednesss which helps me step aside for the flow to be what it is suppose to be... i try not to think about what is happening - observe without much thought and let my hands and energy be guided - i do more distance than anything lately with a sweet pillow that likes others (and with out that pillow - use my knee and upper leg)... amazing distant healing reiki is - thank you above for alll - for me to be of service Rolling Eyes

raven loving and in light,
    raven loves to ya all -
    I love you
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Dragonfly wrote:I would say that all of the things you list may affect my perception of the flow of energy but I have repeatedly been surprised that on the days when I might have felt "off" or my flow was not as strong that my clients reported the same beneficial effects or could feel the energy flowing strongly from me. So I have learned to trust the process, regardless of what I might perceive from day to day.

Yes I think you're right there. Often when I have stood there, thinking "well I'm supposed to be giving Reiki but I just feel like a lemon - I mean where's the hibiki? Where's the heat? I'd also love to feel cold!", my client has said to me "wow - did you feel that?" or after the session they have told me the most amazing experiences! Just trust the Reiki: if you intend it to flow it will flow.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 01, 2009 1:33 am

raven wrote:cheers

so how about Sudharshan Kriya ?? yoga???

before a session i am usually on empty - as in am empty tummy to enhance my connectednesss which helps me step aside for the flow to be what it is suppose to be... i try not to think about what is happening - observe without much thought and let my hands and energy be guided - i do more distance than anything lately with a sweet pillow that likes others (and with out that pillow - use my knee and upper leg)... amazing distant healing reiki is - thank you above for alll - for me to be of service Rolling Eyes

raven loving and in light,
    raven loves to ya all -
    I love you

Simple and Sweet!!!
    YAY!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 am

Yes I think you're right there. Often when I have stood there, thinking "well I'm supposed to be giving Reiki but I just feel like a lemon - I mean where's the hibiki? Where's the heat? I'd also love to feel cold!", my client has said to me "wow - did you feel that?" or after the session they have told me the most amazing experiences! Just trust the Reiki: if you intend it to flow it will flow.

Beautifully simple!
    I love you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:07 pm