Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Advice please. Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre?

brightspark
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Advice please.  Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre? Empty Advice please. Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre?

Post by brightspark Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 am

I am going to write to the Administrator in the local Health Centre. Any advice how to word the letter. Basically I want to enquire if there is any scope of assisting any patients with pain or suffering with stress who may benefit from a calming therapy.

Help!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Advice please.  Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre? Empty Re: Advice please. Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre?

Post by chi_solas Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 am

brightspark wrote:

I am going to write to the Administrator in the local Health Centre. Any advice how to word the letter. Basically I want to enquire if there is any scope of assisting any patients with pain or suffering with stress who may benefit from a calming therapy.

Help!

Be ready to produce your Reiki certification
    a brochure if you have one or a flyer. You
    want to talk about Reiki from your point of
    view as you understand/experience Reiki.
    Noting to yourself........that your not a
    medical practitioner and you do not diagnose
    medical conditions. Check out Reiki websites
    and note the similarities as you read their
    views on Reiki. It is more than a calming
    therapy.bounce

It is very rewarding to work in such facilities Advice please.  Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre? 850837
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Advice please.  Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre? Empty Re: Advice please. Does anyone do Reiki in a Health Centre?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 am

brightspark wrote:

I am going to write to the Administrator in the local Health Centre. Any advice how to word the letter.
    Help!

hi Brightspark Smile

thats a passionate gesture and i admire you as you think for that step. Depending upon location and culture, the Health Professional react to reiki in ways that might be quite unpredictable...

some of them have a know how of reiki as an alternate therapy and if they know more, they start taking reiki as a comptetive threat to their own practice.... others, who dont have this back of mind, may approach reiki as a spiritual/faith healing and link it to a belief system (which is their shallow knowledge of facts only)...

i mean, you need to project/introduce reiki in a highly objective way to appeal to their intellect... a good practice is to quote references from websites of national authority of your country that deals with registration/recognition/accredition of reiki as a complimentary / alternative therapy... if there is a silence in this respect, you can find quotes from comparative authorities/their websites of countries like UK, US, etc.

the second question/imediment you might face is that they would question your credentials, and ask for your certification/licensing credentials...

thirdly, some systems of alternative medicine/therapies, for example, shaitsu, reflexology, etc. equip their practitioners with basic knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.. and this they would expect in a reiki practitioner too... so a basic knowledge of the working of human body may help making a point during discussions even despite that this is not at all required technically in reiki...

'selling' reiki commercially by creating a nich market, is a highly specialized art, and we see that Takata Sensei was so gifted in this aspect too Smile

i wish you all the best... please keep us posted too.

take care

Smile

salman
    brightspark1
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by brightspark1 Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 am

Thank you for all your help. I had been teaching all day then designing leaflets and gift vouchers and I was very tired when I asked for advice. Next morning I went into the Health Centre found out the name of the administrator and wrote introducing myself, put a leaflet in explaining about reiki, following some of the suggestions given and posted my letter. Will let you all know what kind of reply I get.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

brightspark1 wrote: Thank you for all your help. I had been teaching all day then designing leaflets and gift vouchers and I was very tired when I asked for advice. Next morning I went into the Health Centre found out the name of the administrator and wrote introducing myself, put a leaflet in explaining about reiki, following some of the suggestions given and posted my letter. Will let you all know what kind of reply I get.

Great start, also don't forget to
    do a waiver so your clients and
    volunteer clients sign it, as
    part of your record keeping. study
    brightspark1
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by brightspark1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:05 am

To date I have not had a reply from the Administrator. Tomorrow I am going to phone her.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:47 pm

brightspark1 wrote: To date I have not had a reply from the Administrator. Tomorrow I am going to phone her.

Maybe a personal visit would help.

I have learned it's best to approach
    a liasion over an administrator.
    flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 pm