Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

some advice would be greatly appreciated

AnnieMac

some advice would be greatly appreciated Empty some advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by AnnieMac Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello All. I was attuned a month ago and really feel a bit lost. I have been self-healing pretty regularly but dont really feel like I am developing in any way. I have done some sessions with my partner and she said they were very relaxing and enjoyable. I don't really feel much when I am doing them and don't experience any "insights" or anything other than heat in my hands. My dog seems to be loving it when I do reiki with him, but again I don't really feel that I am experiencing anything other again than hot tingly hands. I had thought by now that I may have started "knowing" a bit.more than I feel I do and almost feel like I am just going through the motions. I'm.trying not to "try" too much and to jyst appreciate it for what it is...but am starting to worry that I am in some way missing out on some aspect of practice. My teacher didnt go into what should be done after the attunement..just the practicalities of hand positions. I think what I'm trying to say is I feel a bit lost. Any advice or a point in the right direction would really be appreciated. My teacher is uninterested in keeping in touch and there are no reiki shares in my area. Thank you deeply for any help which is offered.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

some advice would be greatly appreciated Empty Re: some advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by Colin Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi AnniMac

Remember the Gokai (The Five Precepts of Reiki), which I hope you are reciting each day ? Wink

Just for today, do not worry!

Not everyone gets "insights" or or visions or spiritual guidance or enlightenment during Reiki sessions - and, if you were initiated only 1 month ago, it may be a bit soon to be expecting dramatics Wink

The important thing is to do your daily Reiki practice, which for me consists of a self-Reiki session and recitation of the Five Reiki Precepts and also Joshin Kokyo Ho (Cleansing Spirit Breathing Method) or full Hatsurei ho (if you were taught that).

Joshin Kokyo Ho simply involves imagining or visualising Reiki as a white light or mist as you breath in, travelling down to your tanden (3 fingerwidths below your navel). At the end of the inbreath, feel the Reiki expand to fill your whole body and then, on the outbreath, imagine or visualise the Reiki beaming out in all directions, through every cell of your body out to the universe, like a Great Bright Light Wink

Give it a little more time an do not worry?

Many people who report visions, psychic phenomena or messages from guides and the spirit world were already receiving  such things and Reiki initiation will usually enhance such things or bring them to the surface if they ready but I do not often experience such things and I have now been practicing for 25 years! They are usually just distractions. The important thing is to keep up with your Reiki practice and not to worry.

Your intuition may develop gradually so it is important to 'listen' to your hands and/or your thoughts while doing Reiki sessions as it may guide your hands for optimum benefit - but it is usually very subtle for man people. Smile

Oh, and here is a Reiki support group in Aberdeenshire (not a Reiki style I personally practice but it may give you some useful contacts Wink)
    http://www.reikitraining.org.uk/reiki%20support_group.htm
    AnnieMac

some advice would be greatly appreciated Empty Re: some advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by AnnieMac Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:37 am

Hi Colin and thank you very much for your response, it is very helpful.

"Remember the Gokai (The Five Precepts of Reiki), which I hope you are reciting each day ?"
    No, I haven't been as wasn't told to by my teacher...but I will start now.

"Just for today, do not worry!"
    I'll make this my number one priority...it will make a nice change!

"Not everyone gets "insights" or or visions or spiritual guidance or enlightenment during Reiki sessions - and, if you were initiated only 1 month ago, it may be a bit soon to be expecting dramatics"
    Good to know as my teacher asked me what I had seen after she attuned me so kinda thought it was expected!

"The important thing is to do your daily Reiki practice, which for me consists of a self-Reiki session and recitation of the Five Reiki Precepts and also Joshin Kokyo Ho (Cleansing Spirit Breathing Method) or full Hatsurei ho (if you were taught that).

Joshin Kokyo Ho simply involves imagining or visualising Reiki as a white light or mist as you breath in, travelling down to your tanden (3 fingerwidths below your navel). At the end of the inbreath, feel the Reiki expand to fill your whole body and then, on the outbreath, imagine or visualise the Reiki beaming out in all directions, through every cell of your body out to the universe, like a Great Bright Light "

I wasn't taught about any of that so will go and look it up and start practising. To be blunt, I was really taught much at all. Just the history (which I had read previously), the chakras, and the hand positions for treating other people.

"Give it a little more time an do not worry?"
    Thanks to your answer that's exactly what I will do, so thanks again for your kind words

Oh, and here is a Reiki support group in Aberdeenshire (not a Reiki style I personally practice but it may give you some useful contacts )
    http://www.reikitraining.org.uk/reiki%20support_group.htm

Unfortunately I'm working on the next two upcoming shares, but will get in touch with them and see if there is anything else which I can join in with.

Thank you for your help...I feel alot better about the whole situation now.
    sunny 
    Anne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:05 am

Happy to oblige, Anne Smile

By the way, here is an excellent description of Joshin Kokyo Ho:

http://www.aetw.org/d_joshin.html

oh, and I don't suppose your teacher happened to mention that chakras were not originally taught in Usui Reiki Ryoho? They were added in by Reiki teachers when Reiki started to spread from the States because more people were familiar with them than the traditional Japanese energetic system (the 3 tanden) so don't get too hung up on them either Wink

Usui Reiki Ryoho is traditionally really simple yet profound. Regular self-practice is they key! Smile
    AnnieMac

Post by AnnieMac Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:29 am

And thank you once more Colin, I look forward to introducing that into my day. My teacher went into quite a lot of depth about all the chakras and what they were all connected to and represented. She also put quite a lot of emphasis on working with them during reiki. I've been reading a bit of Taggart King's stuff today so am getting the idea that - like you say - Reiki isn't really as technical and complicated as some people try to make out. I think it'll just take me a while to get the balance which suits me between all the bells and whistles which some things I have been reading come away with, and the pretty much nothing practical that my teacher told me (sorry if that sounds harsh..she is a pleasant lady, just seemed a bit uninterested in teaching and spoke more about the latest mediums course she had been on).

Again, thank you for your information and kind words, I definitely feel less worried!

some advice would be greatly appreciated 307123 
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:03 am

Hi again,

Glad you mentioned Taggart. He is a great Reiki teacher. We have known each other in cyberspace for years and I finally got to meet him in person at a Reiki Gathering in London last year. Have you read his interview in the interviews section of this forum? Some great perspectives on Reiki practice from many respected Reiki teachers there! Smile

It is an unfortunate fact of life that many Reiki teachers simply pass on what they were told when they were taught and don't actually do any of their own research before writing their manuals or teaching their own students. I have nothing against chakras being mentioned in Reiki courses as long as it is made clear that they are not part of the traditional Reiki teachings so it can be left to the student whether they want to work directly with chakras or not. Smile
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:08 am

Oh, and Taggart has trained a teacher who lives in Aberdeen:

Karen Summers at the Rosemount Centre, 1C Mount Street in Aberdeen

check out the Reiki Evolution website for details.
    AnnieMac

Post by AnnieMac Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:46 am

Hi, That's great that you finally got to meet Taggart, it must have also been a great experience meeting all those other like minded people at The Gathering, they look like really interesting and enjoyable events. I have looked at the website of Karen and will probably go to her once I am ready to do my level two...unfortunately her shares etc are only for people who have been trained either by her or in the Evolution method, but hopefully wont be that long before I can "join in" Smile I ordered the evolution level one manual after reading quite a bit on the website last night, it just seems to make so much more sense that other stuff I've either been reading or was told. Smile 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 pm