Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Looking to begin my Reiki practice in Washington State - any advice?

Saphira
    Saphira
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Looking to begin my Reiki practice in Washington State - any advice? Empty Looking to begin my Reiki practice in Washington State - any advice?

Post by Saphira Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 am

Greetings!

I am wanting to begin my career as a Reiki Practitioner. I feel the time is now. I live in Washington State and am wondering if anyone has gone through this process that might be able to offer me some advice. I am not sure what I will need to do in order to legally practice. When I looked online about business licenses, etc. it was a bit confusing. Any advice would be helpful as I know this is what I am suppose to be doing in my life. I just have to find the proper way to implement it. Thank you. Namaste
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Looking to begin my Reiki practice in Washington State - any advice? Empty Re: Looking to begin my Reiki practice in Washington State - any advice?

Post by LightBody Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 am

Hi Saphira, welcome.

The first step is to receive training in-person, the second step is to get insurance, and along the way you can ask your Reiki teacher about the legalities of practicing Reiki in the state that you reside in.

Some states are more rigid in requirements than others, such as Florida. In Florida, the Reiki practitioner must be a Certified Massage Therapist.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm