Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Reiji ho ritual / ceremony

Moore

Reiji ho ritual / ceremony Empty Reiji ho ritual / ceremony

Post by Moore Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:01 am

It'd be interesting to hear your thought on the introductionary ritual that some use in order to perform reiji ho. I've never really been a sucker for outdrawn and unnecessary rituals. Being present in the moment and mindful should allow Reiji ho to flow naturally from when giving a reiki treatment with handpositions.

How do you do when you give Reiji?
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiji ho ritual / ceremony Empty Re: Reiji ho ritual / ceremony

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:45 am

hiya Moore Smile

warm welcome on your first thread at RLL, we expect many more !

for some people, rituals are the first step towards mindfulness.... but some people feel unnecessary burdened if they are to start and perform things in a ritualized way.. we may use intutive guidance towards our possible choice...

we are commonly taught to start treatments by gassho..... this also happens in many martial arts practices... gassho is a ritual... it helps us focus ourselves to the moment of being, to the moment of now, as you said too.... no doubt, we can start treatments straight away without gassho...my personal choice is that i start with a ritualized way within treatments, self-treatments and meditations... sometimes, rituals serve the purpose of grounding too (depending if we have a consensus on this)... doing rituals, i obtain a sense of attachment to the system, it is commonly respectful to start with a sign of reverence towards so precious as is reiki or reiki treatments.....

if you note, even saying 'hi' before a communication is a ritual ( god, i missed that ? emm, i will have to scroll upwards Smile )

just kidding buddy, well, something about reiji ho...

it is a surrender gesture... giving respect to the 'will of reiki'... seeking guidance from invisible, from unknown, from impersonal... reiji ho is a beautiful spiritual experience... it is a connection to things we can feel sub-consciously..

Moore wrote:
    Being present in the moment and mindful should allow Reiji ho to flow naturally from when giving a reiki treatment with handpositions.

when we have started the reiki session, doing actual treatments, we have byosen, which is a reaction of our sensitive hands to the hibki's of patients' body... this can be mixed with reiji ho, since apparently both give us 'guidance'... but refined difference between reiji ho and byosen is that within reiji ho, we are not doing any treatment, nor we are placing hands with the intent that reiki should flow... rather we are hovering hands over the body of the patient with an expectation that our hands will be 'guided' by reiki's intelligence... once we do reiji ho, and sometimes repeat it twice or thrice, we pinpoint a body area from where we have to 'start' a session....(quite interestingly, it is well observed that as we feel our hands drawn to an area, the patient often 'reports' that the particular body area was feeling 'being drawn' towards our hovering hands in the process....)

byosen, on the other hand, is the feeling which is generated 'after' we have started session.... this is actually a practice of 'making adjustmetns as you go'... byosen is like 'reading the reaction' whereas reiji ho is an essential 'warm up' Smile

please share across that how do you do reiji ho ( i expect it would be equally impressive too) cheers

take care

salman

Please note that i am going to move this thread under the section "reiki experiences", sub-section "healing techniques and experiences", just to adhere to topics hierarchy... putting the thread in level 2 might import the impression that reiji ho is not available to level one, which would be inaccurate... regrets for inconvenience if you had to re-locate your thread Moore Smile

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thread shifting notification)

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:56 am