Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Meditative element during reiki sessions vis-a-vis reiji ho

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Meditative element during reiki sessions vis-a-vis reiji ho Empty Meditative element during reiki sessions vis-a-vis reiji ho

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:39 pm

dear all Smile

reiki treatment sessions are a wonderful experience... for the patient, since he feels how his/her tensions are going away so smoothly, and for the practitioner too, since every session brings new flags that would be added to his cumulative experience....

my focus today in this thread is on the practitioner side Smile

it is almost a universal experience that while giving treatments we often pass into a meditative state, no matter how short or intermittent it might be... feeling ourselves flowing with the flow of reiki, we sooner start feeling we are being 'included' in the process, and that we are one with reiki, with patient, with the whole lot universe--a state which i would term as 'being' reiki...

i wish to invite input of the learned members here that what are their individual experiences in this regard... how long their meditative session lasts, or do they purposefully stop themselves flowing too away with this meditative state (since i know people who said who would sort of break their concentration during the session by intent, so that they are not 'carried away' with their passion of benefiting patient)

and if the learned members meditate during reiki sessions, exactly what they meditate, and does this meditation tends to be 'descriptive' like feeling reiki cascading /showering through skies onwards to the patient, etc. or this meditation slips into something sort of a feeling of oneness with patient, or with reiki at large, or that such meditation becomes so deep that even the feeling of being into reiki goes in the background, and only a feeling of blissful silence remains ?

a further question : does this meditative state required for byosen of hibki, or for reiji ho, and referring to reiji ho, how we can expand ourselves in reiji ho so that we become organs, bones, flesh, muscles of the patient to feel exactly where the problem lies... and in reiji ho does this normally happen that we become meditative and that reiji ho is essentially a product of meditative state of mind ?

i have tried to give my feeling in a raw way, but i hope that for the benefit of general readership, that my learned fellow members will give input while tying up the loose ends which i have left missing in the above discussions due to my inexperience...

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Meditative element during reiki sessions vis-a-vis reiji ho Empty Re: Meditative element during reiki sessions vis-a-vis reiji ho

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 am

Every Reiki session is different so learning is ongoing. I find that setting a quiet tone helps the client to adapt to being in a place where healing begins. Depending on my client I will start a session with a meditative prayer telling them that...... " this is your time to relax, think about a special place that you like to go to. It can be a place you went as a child, a place you like to go today or it can be an imaginary place. Go there now and enjoy this peaceful place and give your body permission to heal "....... I then continue to quietly facilitate the session starting at the crown. during the session I focus on the energy in my hands that guide me throughout the session. I can at times feel different sensation tingling, itches, heat, coldness, I can be drawn to one area longer than another, always focusing on the energy of the client, myself and the Reiki room. when I have completed the session with a quiet voice using the clients name I put my hands on the side of their forearms telling them that....." it's time to leave your peaceful place, knowing you can go back there anytime you want to feel it's unconditional love surround you, feel its peace, feel its love fill your heart."....... then I quietly disconnect giving the client time to regain their composure and have a glass of water. sunny

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:04 pm