Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Colin
LightBody
6 posters

にほんご (Japanese)

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

にほんご (Japanese) Empty にほんご (Japanese)

Post by LightBody Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:08 pm

にほんご (Japanese) Ha-wa-1
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

にほんご (Japanese) Empty Re: にほんご (Japanese)

Post by Colin Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Well, thanks for clearing that up, Buck! scratch Laughing

So, do we need a particle 'wa' or a word 'ha' at the end of Kyo dake...?

I assume we need the particle if we say 'wa' and not 'ha'?

Does it then imply 'this' particular day rather than any other day?

My Japanese Reiki teachers also say that 'Ikaru' is the older form of 'Okaru' and also that Shinpai suna is also not used in modern Japanese but they now say Shinpai su(r/l)una - I don't know how to write it though! clown

All very interesting but I know that if we recite the gokai in Japanese (or our native language) with their true meaning in our hearts we can still have wonderful effects! Smile
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Colin wrote:Well, thanks for clearing that up, Buck! scratch Laughing

I'm right along side you on that one.

Colin wrote:So, do we need a particle 'wa' or a word 'ha' at the end of Kyo dake...?

I assume we need the particle if we say 'wa' and not 'ha'?

It's too early in my formal studies to be able to answer that question.

Particles have no meaning and attach one part of a sentence to another, and identify what does what within the sentence, so it seems logical that they should not be left hanging at the end of a sentence, but sometimes they are.

Colin wrote:Does it then imply 'this' particular day rather than any other day?

That's a good question. In English, we have Past, Present, and Future. In Japanese, the Present and Future are not distinguished from one another, and must be understood from the context of the conversation.

Colin wrote:My Japanese Reiki teachers also say that 'Ikaru' is the older form of 'Okaru' and also that Shinpai suna is also not used in modern Japanese but they now say Shinpai su(r/l)una - I don't know how to write it though! clown

My Japanese teacher is a Japanese national who majored first in Chinese, and second in Japanese. I have asked him about the history of the I/O prefix. Not sure if he will respond as it is outside the scope of the course, but it's worth a shot.

In spite of the Samurai image of the Japanese people (or perhaps because of it), the Japanese are incredibly polite and humble. Many words that begin with O as a prefix do so only to emphasize politeness. For example, namae is the Japanese word for name, and o'namae is the polite version of it.

Right now I'm still only working with the first two alphabets of the Japanese language, and begin learning Kanji this weekend. I can write both words using the first alphabet, which is the alphabet the particles appear in, but that alphabet is what their first-graders learn... O'karu and Shinpai suruna are best written in Kanji, and I will not be comfortable doing that until the end of next year.

Colin wrote:All very interesting but I know that if we recite the gokai in Japanese (or our native language) with their true meaning in our hearts we can still have wonderful effects! Smile

That's true!

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:55 am

study

obuckは、あなたがより速くあなたが考える日本語を学ぶことができます学習の時間制限を入れないでください。あなたにレイキの恵み

にほんご (Japanese) 158903
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:13 am

I've played around with the Japanese
    translation of the above posting. Twice
    it came out with a different scrabbled
    version. confused
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 am

Buck wrote:
    In English, we have Past, Present, and Future. In Japanese, the Present and Future are not distinguished from one another, and must be understood from the context of the conversation.

the same in Arabic too Smile !!

Bridget wrote:
    I've played around with the Japanese
    translation of the above posting. Twice
    it came out with a different scrabbled
    version.

very interesting Smile we can now see that Buck is in big trouble as he has started learning Japaneese にほんご (Japanese) 158903

keep it up Buck, i m anxious to join a Japaneese learning class in Lahore starting after 15th sep, provided our japaneese teacher finds enough student to come to Lahore from Japan!

Smile

take care

salman
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi Salman,

I am considering to join that class too- so please keep me posted Very Happy

Regards,

Resko
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    the same in Arabic too Smile !!

salman

What I found interesting about Arabic when I studied it in the Army, was all the measures. Also that there aren't just gender conjugations for one and more than one, but duals as well.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 pm

hi Andy Smile

Yeah, Arabic has distribution for singular, plurals and for two's as well Smile

Salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am