Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
Colin
rzukic
Reikijim
Milarepa
chi_solas
Moore
Lambs-Wool
11 posters

how do 'switch' within multiple lineages

LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

how do 'switch' within multiple lineages - Page 2 Empty Re: how do 'switch' within multiple lineages

Post by LightChild Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:01 am

Opinions/questions from those new to
    the Reiki system are as valuable as
    opinions from folks involved in the
    Reiki system for years. As a Reiki
    teacher I appreciate your input on the
    RLL. It helps others who fear asking
    a question thinking its sounds stupid
    or they'll get chastised for asking or
    commenting about Reiki lineage issues
    as Salman has brought forth. These
    discussions are not meant to put others
    down. They help sort out differences
    and help us enhance our own knowledge
    about the Reiki systems

Thank you for encouraging me Bridget Smile Yes, I also think that helps when the newbies are open to ask questions and give opinions on different subjects.
    In discussions we find the truth! Very Happy
    I love learning about Reiki through RLL and I am happy to be able to share my opinions when I have something to say.
    The subjects discussed on RLL are not discussed on any other forum I've been signed up so far and they are very interesting
    as the people commenting and sharing thoughts and experiences.
    Thank you ! flower

Last edited by LightChild on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammarrrr....lol)
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

how do 'switch' within multiple lineages - Page 2 Empty Re: how do 'switch' within multiple lineages

Post by LightBody Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:22 am

I believe it was Suzuki Roshi who is quoted to having said:
    "In the beginner's mind there are endless possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 am

chi_solas wrote:Colin, I've never heard of the
    term "5 elements" of Reiki.If I
    were asked what they are. I'd
    say precepts, hand positions,
    symbols, techniques/rituals,
    attunments. It would seem to me
    that some of us might have learned
    different styles of Reiki and that
    we may also have been taught to use
    terms that differentiate the styles
    we use. sunny

Spot on, Bridget! That is the exact list of the Five Elements of Reiki (i.e. what constitutes a system of Reiki practice). cheers

This division into five elements was first put forward by Frans and Bronwen Steine and I think they sum up the system of Reiki quite well!

There are, of course, other divisions. For example, Phyllis Furumoto (and the Reiki Alliance) have 4 Aspects and Nine Elements of Reiki:

The 4 Aspects:

• Healing Practice
      Personal Development
      Spiritual Discipline
      Mystic Order

The 9 Elements:

• Initiation
      Symbols
      Treatment
      Oral Tradition
      Spiritual Lineage
      History
      Money
      Precepts
      Form Of Teaching

The original article with more information on the elements:

http://www.reikialliance.com/usui-shiki-ryoho

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks Colin. I'm really getting
    a lesson here. 4 aspects 9 elements
    What an interesting way of pulling
    the system into focus. study
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 pm

chi_solas wrote:

Opinions/questions from those new to
    the Reiki system are as valuable as
    opinions from folks involved in the
    Reiki system for years. As a Reiki
    teacher I appreciate your input on the
    RLL. It helps others who fear asking
    a question thinking its sounds stupid
    or they'll get chastised for asking or
    commenting about Reiki lineage issues
    as Salman has brought forth. These
    discussions are not meant to put others
    down. They help sort out differences
    and help us enhance our own knowledge
    about the Reiki systems study

very truly said Bridget Smile

it is through fora that i have learnt the basics of reiki and then found my teacher like Elly had Smile

learning is always a two-way communication.... what we ask helps us to learn, but same time helps the teachers to revisit their thoughts... good students are always a great impetus for teachers' learning Smile

putting questions is, most of the times, not meant to 'test' teachers' knowledge or to show, on the part of the student, that i know things.... it is presumed to be a genuine action within the natural course of learning... however, sometimes students ask things whose answers they know to some extent... this is again not meant to test the teacher, but to show him that we are in the loop with him, and to earn some praise, if it is clown

i m so particular on this point since i had the experience of my first ever reiki teacher reacting to my never-ending questions with reservations... right on spot Bridget that the purpose of raising questions is mend the way of differences instead of projecting the differences.

when intents are noble, things generally go good!!

Smile

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Buck wrote:I believe it was Suzuki Roshi who is quoted to having said:
    "In the beginner's mind there are endless possibilities, in the experts there are few."

I see my students as seeds
    drinking up the information
    and growing. Growing/learning
    does not stop when they leave
    class,RLL opens the door to
    connect/share Reiki ideas. I
    too am a lifelong learner &
    I am always interested in where
    did all the Reiki "curriculum"
    develop/change. If we look at
    Lineages we may find answers flower
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:56 am

This Post has SO MUCH info but I almost missed reading this.... I thought this topic was about lineages!!
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 am

great thread...I've been a little confused in the past about one teacher belonging to a variety of lineages, and yet keeping to to one particular 'style' during attunement...

and i've often wondered if some 'high profile' teachers who have multiple styles under their hat have been entirely honest about the lineages they put to paper as part of one style.. my inital training was in two differnt 'styles' up to master level, you could say it was a combination of two styles not mixed, but one style at one level, then a differnt style for the subsequent levels..... I was taught all levels by the same teacher and have the appropriate lineages ..

this weekend I have been initiated into jikiden Reiki......and as a result a very clear realisation has come to pass that, it doesn't matter what lineage or 'style' of reiki
    one has been attuned/initiated to, as long as that lineage can be traced back to usui, and the attunement process applied correctly the ability to use Reiki will always prevail.

all any reiki attunement does is allow us to tap into a little more directly the source of All healing....which I've always known.

Quite a few reiki practitioners think reiki is different from other types of spiritual healing.....it's only different in it's application and accessibility....

I was reading again this morning how Mikao Usui tripped up and hurt his foot then placed his hands on it to heal.......Another lady I trained with a few years ago ( not reiki) had a similar experience when she was bitten by a poisonous insect, she placed her hands on her leg and a great white light flooded to the point of her bite and stopped the poison from spreading.............it is the exact same energy, no difference at all, it's just that Usui developed a very specific way of helping others access that very same energy.

One thing I do like about Reiki is it's very simple way people can open themselves up to the ability to heal via attunements..... it really is so very very simple... heart smiley

Reiki is becoming a bit like religion now, in that there are so many different 'styles' or offshoots.........one divine source, with lots of different ways of accessing it.

In religion I wish there was a more 'universal spirit' which appreciated that all are respecting the same creative force.....In Reiki we too are all acessing the same creative force, just in many different ways.......perhaps we should start embracing the similarities instead of hunting down the differences?

Colin's idea of Reiki pure and simple, is resonating more and more......Reiki is reiki is reiki.....whether or not the recipe has added salt or sugar, cooked on the hob in a pan, or caseroled in the oven , the tasty outcome is always the same...

( excuse the waffle, I'm all loved up! ahaha)

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 am

HMM bounce sounds like an energy overload could happen. sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 pm