Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
thehungrycaterpillar
6 posters

Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements Empty Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 am

Hi Everybody!

I was taught to practice Hui Yin while giving attunements.
    I realize that it is strictly not Usui style, Just wondering how many Teachers actually practice that if at all you were taught to do that. How important is it for the attunement to be successful?

Just also curious to know what style of Reiki influence is that?!

Thanking you,

Hamsa
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements Empty Re: Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:42 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hi Everybody!

I realize that it is strictly not Usui style, Just wondering how many Teachers actually practice that if at all you were taught to do that. How important is it for the attunement to be successful?

Thanking you,

Hamsa

I was taught that. geek
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements Empty Re: Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements

Post by Colin Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:05 am

Thanking you,

Hamsa

Hi Hamsa

I wasn't taught to hold the Hui Yin positions while giving attunements in any of the styles I have been attuned to. I am not sure who first introduced it into Reiki but I would imagine it would be something to do with the Iris Ishikura/Arthur Robertson/William Rand Usui/Tibetan Reiki influence. Strange, I know, because Hui Yin is probably of Chinese origin rather than Tibetan - but then Reiki isn't really Tibetan either! Smile

So, if most (if not all) of Takata's master students didn't use Hui Yin and all the people doing attunements to Gendai, Komyo, Jikiden (and various Usui Reiki Ryoho styles I am aware of) are not using Hui Yin, I think it is fairly safe to say that it is not necessary to do that for a successful attunement.

However, whether you should just stop doing it if you were originally taught to do it and are not purposely attuning someone in a different style of Reiki is a different matter! You would no longer be passing on the system you were originally taught (maybe?). Smile
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Folks,

I would say that it only matters if you are representing Usui/tibetan Reiki.It`s definitly part of that style of initiation....So if you are handing someone a diploma stating that they are a master teacher of Usui/Tibetan...then they should be taught the "Violet Breath" and Hui Yin techniques to represent Rand`s system the way he intended it.

Jim
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Colin wrote:

Thanking you,

Hamsa

Hi Hamsa

I wasn't taught to hold the Hui Yin positions while giving attunements in any of the styles I have been attuned to. I am not sure who first introduced it into Reiki but I would imagine it would be something to do with the Iris Ishikura/Arthur Robertson/William Rand Usui/Tibetan Reiki influence. Strange, I know, because Hui Yin is probably of Chinese origin rather than Tibetan - but then Reiki isn't really Tibetan either! Smile

So, if most (if not all) of Takata's master students didn't use Hui Yin and all the people doing attunements to Gendai, Komyo, Jikiden (and various Usui Reiki Ryoho styles I am aware of) are not using Hui Yin, I think it is fairly safe to say that it is not necessary to do that for a successful attunement.

However, whether you should just stop doing it if you were originally taught to do it and are not purposely attuning someone in a different style of Reiki is a different matter! You would no longer be passing on the system you were originally taught (maybe?). Smile

as I research the folks back in my lineage to
    Barbara McCullough the 14th Reiki Master of
    Takata's group. It appears that quite a lot of
    changes were happening.

On the 5th day of February 1981 David received his spiritual Initiation into the mystical energy of Reiki from the Tibetan Master directing the Reiki Ray. Later the same year, after finishing his teacher training Reiki Master Virginia Samdahl, on the 5th day of August 1981, he was initiated by Reiki Master Barbara McCullough and subsequently by Phyllis Furumoto, the grand daughter of Hawaya Takata, becoming the 24th Reiki Master in the lineage of Hawaya Takata (Initiated by Hayashi, Initiated by Usui). David trained in the professional techniques of Sacral-Cranial Structural Balancing with Dr. Raymond Simpson, D.C. (Leigh, Florida) and was a certified Myofunctional Therapist from the Myofunctional Institute in Coral Gables, Florida.

Barbara Ray a student of Takata's
    I understand was next in line to
    step into Takata's role... the
    following excerpt is from James
    deacon's web-site

From 1978 - 1980, Barbara Ray studied Reiki extensively with Hawayo Takata at Takata-Sensei's home in Iowa, during which time, she maintains, Takata-Sensei instructed her in:
    "... the entire, intact Seven Degrees of the Usui System of Natural Healing...", and passed,
    "... the complete Keys..." to the system to her.
    Barbara Ray is of the opinion that the only way to activate and transmit Reiki is through these: "...correct, intact and non-polluted Keys."
    Barbara Ray began using the expression "The Radiance Technique" in 1986.

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:21 am

Shocked

WHAT??

Sorry , did not get any notifications so I thought nobody posted a reply! OOPs!! rabbit
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:31 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote: Shocked

WHAT??

Sorry , did not get any notifications so I thought nobody posted a reply! OOPs!! rabbit

You've been sleeping during the day time Sleep
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 am

"So, if most (if not all) of Takata's master students didn't use Hui Yin and all the people doing attunements to Gendai, Komyo, Jikiden (and various Usui Reiki Ryoho styles I am aware of) are not using Hui Yin, I think it is fairly safe to say that it is not necessary to do that for a successful attunement.

Dear Colin,

That was super cool to know that!!
    WOW, very interesting!!

What is weird is that My teacher uses tibetan fire dragon, Om & Rama symbols for attunement and still calls it an Usui style!!!!!!! I love my teacher, her style works. But my eyes popped out when I was introduced to those symbols and she didn't have much of an answer where she got those!!
    Apparently her teachers passed it on & so she to us.

The funny thing is we also were taught other symbols during reiki 2 & upon exploring later found then to be from Karuna Reiki!!
    cyclops :afraid:

I wouldn't change a thing, but I can see that the violet breath even when I practice it as a newbie, how powerful it is!!!!
    Some styles I came to know do it for healing attunements!

WONDERS OF WONDERS!!!!! - these attunement processes are!!
    never cease to Amaze me!

Thank you!!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 am

Reikijim wrote:

Hi Folks,

I would say that it only matters if you are representing Usui/tibetan Reiki.It`s definitly part of that style of initiation....So if you are handing someone a diploma stating that they are a master teacher of Usui/Tibetan...then they should be taught the "Violet Breath" and Hui Yin techniques to represent Rand`s system the way he intended it.

Jim

Hey, Thanks Jim!!
    Puzzle pieces falling in it's place!!
    Very Happy

Interesting!!!!! Yeah, now I remember she is also from that lineage! But she still calls it Usui Ryoho though.. still not tibetan, although all of the levels seem to be utilizing the Tibetan fire dragon symbol!
    sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:46 am

chi_solas wrote:

lol!

Thanks Briget!!!! I should've checked!!!

Due you still practice Hui Yin ? Do you use it any other place other than attunements, very very very curious!!! & very hungry curious!! :-)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:32 am

chi_solas wrote:
    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:

lol!

Thanks Briget!!!! I should've checked!!!

Due you still practice Hui Yin ? Do you use it any other place other than attunements, very very very curious!!! & very hungry curious!! :-)

A practitioner at a Reiki share
    taught me how she does the Hui Yin. Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements 850837

When I'm teaching I bring my students
    attention to the fact that there are
    many styles of Reiki out there with
    different Rituals,Techniques,& Symbols.
    Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements 837313

Last edited by chi_solas on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 am

chi_solas wrote:

taught me how she does the Hui Yin. Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements 850837

Bridget, It NEVER ceases to astound me how these attunements work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We have so many 'recipes' and they all seem to work as effectively!!!!!

So, what does it all boil down to????? Just the intention/tuning in? Only that seems to me to be the common denominator!! Basketball bounce

What's the secret combination????!!!! May be it's all really simple...

Hamsa
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 am

chi_solas wrote:

Bridget, It NEVER ceases to astound me how these attunements work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We have so many 'recipes' and they all seem to work as effectively!!!!!

So, what does it all boil down to????? Just the intention/tuning in? Only that seems to me to be the common denominator!! Basketball bounce

Hamsa

Elementary dear Watson. cheers

I would say it's all in
    the innate basics. Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements 850837

Last edited by chi_solas on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:54 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Elementary dear Watson. cheers

I would say it's all in
    the innate basics. Practicing Hui Yin during Attunements 850837

EXACTLY right??!!! Laughing

we have to study for this many years to just arrive at that????? .... which we probably suspected somewhere deep inside but never was sure........or too unclear to believe in.... clown
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey Hamsa, was it through the willy rand school, if so, it seems, you have the option to work with both his version and Usui version, as both are taught and are within the international Reiki school master manual.............blessingsx
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Hamsa

I think that what it boils down to is the individual, which although is a simple answer, consequentially complicates things (usually with more questions)... What is it that the individual wants to get out of the experience, how do they perceive that experience, how do they communicate that experience to others, how willing are they to allow others to have experiences similar but different than their own, how willing are they to support others on their quest for experiences, how honest are they about their ability to help others, how honest are they about whether or not they can help others, and whether or not that person finds their-self in the process as a whole.

Here's a test for ya: Communicate Bridget's simplification to someone with no experience in a way that allows them to experience it to arrive at the same understanding you have just experienced.

Yah... simple!!! hahaha (or do I mean "Mu-wa-hah-hah-hah!")

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:01 pm

When I was introduced to Reiki
    I was not aware of the many
    different styles beyond Usui.
    scratch study sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 am

Dharma wrote:Hey Hamsa, was it through the willy rand school, if so, it seems, you have the option to work with both his version and Usui version, as both are taught and are within the international Reiki school master manual.............blessingsx

Hey Dharma!!

Oh, didn't know that there were two versions!! Hmmm... Cool!

Thanks, will check it out!
    :-)

hamsa
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 am

Buck wrote:

I think that what it boils down to is the individual, which although is a simple answer, consequentially complicates things (usually with more questions)... What is it that the individual wants to get out of the experience, how do they perceive that experience, how do they communicate that experience to others, how willing are they to allow others to have experiences similar but different than their own, how willing are they to support others on their quest for experiences, how honest are they about their ability to help others, how honest are they about whether or not they can help others, and whether or not that person finds their-self in the process as a whole.

Here's a test for ya: Communicate Bridget's simplification to someone with no experience in a way that allows them to experience it to arrive at the same understanding you have just experienced.

Yah... simple!!! hahaha (or do I mean "Mu-wa-hah-hah-hah!")

Hey Yo Buck!! How the heck are ya?? heart smiley

Actually, That is the stage I am dipping my toes into as we speak..... I want that stage to be a nice lengthy one where I figure it all out...... I think it is so important that If I didn't fare well, then I promised myself that I will never become a teacher! sunny

Thank you for condensing it for me!! ... you just shortened the process for me, I'd say!! Very Happy

Hamsa
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 am

One of the Reiki challenges is embracing
    everyone's uniqueness in how they teach.
    The way different styles acheive the same
    healing results,even when we use different
    symbols,rituals. sunny
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:24 am

Actually, That is the stage I am dipping my toes into as we speak..... I want that stage to be a nice lengthy one where I figure it all out...... I think it is so important that If I didn't fare well, then I promised myself that I will never become a teacher! sunny

You'll be an excellent teacher sooner than later... and then you'll find out just how much more you need to study the material... hahahahaha
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Buck wrote:

You'll be an excellent teacher sooner than later... and then you'll find out just how much more you need to study the material... hahahahaha

awww! Thank You!!!!!!!!!

beat

yep, I believe it, I'll keep that in mind!! :-D
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:52 pm

chi_solas wrote:One of the Reiki challenges is embracing
    symbols,rituals. sunny

So True!!!! So True!!!! I just saw it all in a span of few months and am still baffled by it!!! cyclops

I love you
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:22 am

chi_solas wrote:One of the Reiki challenges is embracing
    symbols,rituals. sunny

So True!!!! So True!!!! I just saw it all in a span of few months and am still baffled by it!!! cyclops

I love you

The Reiki system like other healing systems
    has become so diverse, individualized. and
    custom designed. I was unaware of this process
    happening. The internet sure gives us more
    exposure to the many different styles out there. sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 pm