Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

My blog post on the USCCB decision

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

My blog post on the USCCB decision Empty My blog post on the USCCB decision

Post by Dragonfly Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:21 am

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

My blog post on the USCCB decision Empty Re: My blog post on the USCCB decision

Post by chi_solas Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks for sharing Smile

Christians do believe that we are made in the image of God, but do not necessarily believe that we are physical manifestations of Divine nature.

I understood image of God to be part of the " holy communion" ritual.

One of my Reiki friends is Presbyterian and a few years ago her Minister allowed us to set up an alternative health fair at their church that included Reiki. It was an overall success. He is reluctant about us doing another one due to the church guidelines that he needs to follow and Reiki seems to be the problem. It appears to me that while the Catholic Bishops have gone public, the same attitude exists among other Christian Church administrators
    sunny
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 pm

chi_solas wrote:Thanks for sharing Smile

I understood image of God to be part of the " holy communion" ritual.

One of my Reiki friends is Presbyterian and a few years ago her Minister allowed us to set up an alternative health fair at their church that included Reiki. It was an overall success. He is reluctant about us doing another one due to the church guidelines that he needs to follow and Reiki seems to be the problem. It appears to me that while the Catholic Bishops have gone public, the same attitude exists among other Christian Church administrators
    sunny

You're thinking of the Transubstantiation, which other Christians do not believe in. We do take Communion, but do not see it as the literal "body of Christ." The Presbyterians call the wafer and wine the "Bread of Life" and "Cup of Salvation." There is a belief that we are made in God's image but there is no agreement that we also manifest the "Divine Spark." If you read the Vatican's assessment of "New Age" beliefs, they pretty much shrug that theory off.

The pastors of my church know I do Reiki, but have not really said anything one way or another. I belong to a fairly progressive congregation but I think the issue you experienced with your friend's church is the same here. And my church in particular is tied closely to Columbia Theological Seminary here in Decatur, one of the foremost Presbyterian seminaries in the country. I'm sure they would prefer that I do typical mission work (which I have done too.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:08 am