Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

My First Post!

rguba3pt3
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

My First Post! Empty My First Post!

Post by rguba3pt3 Mon May 23, 2011 2:17 am

facesmiling

Greetings everyone. My name is RonniE. I reside in Pittsburgh originally from Florida. I was surfing around looking for ideas for a tattoo, I have never been inked yet, but fell in love with the Zonar symbol. I honestly dont really know what -Reiki- is and was wondering if someone could tell me more about it. Umm... is it like a meditation thing? I really have no idea what it really is, but everyone seems to be pretty happy. I have been having some hard times, pretty much making my life harder every day with poor decisions and bad choices, but it is something I am trying to fix. I have a lot of things in my mind that I can't really let go, and I think that is whats keeping me from being truely at peace. Any way, if anyone would like to explain to me what Reiki is I would love to hear more about it. Any way I am going to surf through the forums for a little while. Be back later.

Cheers

RonniE
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

My First Post! Empty Re: My First Post!

Post by chi_solas Mon May 23, 2011 3:36 am

Hi Ronnie welcome to Reiki Learning Lounge
    As I read your post I could see that you
    already know what your problem is and are
    in need of support to implement some form
    of treatment to help you through a difficult
    time. Check out our Reiki Threads and you will
    find answers to your question. heart smiley
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 am

Hi RonniE

rguba3pt3 wrote:... Any way, if anyone would like to explain to me what Reiki is ...

hmm, very good question. Smile

[ Hey Mr Wayne, "Grandma", and other Admin Folks Smile
    - RonniE has raised an interesting issue - shouldn't the RLL have some kind of basic, intro-level explanation as to what Reiki is - for people who are new to the concept, and who, like RonniE, have found their way - by chance or serendipity - to the Lounge ? ]

RonniE,

Let's see, where do we start...

Reiki can be different things to different people, however we can say that it is in part a spiritual discipline, and part a therapeutic one.

It is (generally) the therapeutic end of the spectrum which is more commonly being referred to when people use the term 'Reiki'.

At a basic level, as a therapeutic practice, Reiki can involve a series of primarily hands-on techniques (essentially a kind of "Laying on of Hands" practice) via which the Reiki Practitioner seems to facilitate/assist the client to heal through their problems - be they physical, emotional, psychological etc.

Specific symbols and mantra-like sounds are often (though not always) used by different Reiki Practitioners as part of the treatment procedure.

An important aspect of Reiki is something commonly referred to as "The Five Principles"

These Principles are, on one level, a set of ethical guidelines for living,
    and on another, speak to ways in which we can better manage our level of wellbeing.

[O.K. so, I've made a start - anyone else like to jump in and add some further basic info... ]

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 am

Rlei_ki wrote:Hi RonniE

rguba3pt3 wrote:... Any way, if anyone would like to explain to me what Reiki is ...

hmm, very good question. Smile

[ Hey Mr Wayne, "Grandma", and other Admin Folks Smile
    - RonniE has raised an interesting issue - shouldn't the RLL have some kind of basic, intro-level explanation as to what Reiki is - for people who are new to the concept, and who, like RonniE, have found their way - by chance or serendipity - to the Lounge ? ]

RonniE,

Let's see, where do we start...

Reiki can be different things to different people, however we can say that it is in part a spiritual discipline, and part a therapeutic one.

It is (generally) the therapeutic end of the spectrum which is more commonly being referred to when people use the term 'Reiki'.

At a basic level, as a therapeutic practice, Reiki can involve a series of primarily hands-on techniques (essentially a kind of "Laying on of Hands" practice) via which the Reiki Practitioner seems to facilitate/assist the client to heal through their problems - be they physical, emotional, psychological etc.

Specific symbols and mantra-like sounds are often (though not always) used by different Reiki Practitioners as part of the treatment procedure.

An important aspect of Reiki is something commonly referred to as "The Five Principles"

These Principles are, on one level, a set of ethical guidelines for living,
    and on another, speak to ways in which we can better manage our level of wellbeing.

[O.K. so, I've made a start - anyone else like to jump in and add some further basic info... ]

Thanks James, I had a meeting to go to.
    Now I have time to follow up.

Reiki is a system that Dr. Mikao Usui
    created. The word Reiki itself is also
    used to represent Universal Life Energy
    It is also known as Universal Life force
    Energy. The day we are born we take our
    first breath of ULFE. The Reiki system
    teaches us how to utilize this life energy
    to promote the innate healing that happens
    when we relax during a Reiki session/treatment.
    It is during relaxation that the body start's
    the healing process to balance and harmonize
    the mind, body and soul. sunny My First Post! 850837 Arrow

Reiki sunny and meditation silent are
    not the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:59 am