Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Treating those with back/disc issues

Sunflower
    Sunflower

Treating those with back/disc issues Empty Treating those with back/disc issues

Post by Sunflower Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 am

What has been the most effective ways of treating a person lying on his or her back, who has ruptured disc/herniated disc issues? I know that we can use a chair, or lay a person on their side for treatment. But, if we have the person laying on their backs, what helps assure comfort?

My Reiki table lies flat and does not allow me to raise part of it at an incline. I do have a nice big behind-the-knees bolster. What do any of you think of those wedge bolsters that go behind the back? Might that help? Wonder if my table warmer may still be used over it, or if the wedge must sit atop the dressed table?

Perhaps I might have to consider a table that will make an incline after all. Thoughts? confused
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Treating those with back/disc issues Empty Re: Treating those with back/disc issues

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Hiya.

in patients like you've mentioned, their comfort and ease is much important... if you have to incline the bed back a little, lets rest assured that this arrangement does not discomfort the patient.

if, for some reason, we are unable to lay hands directly on the affected area (like back of the patient, for example), we may experiment other ways... one such way might be that you draw HSZSN like you draw in an absent treatment, and then imagine/visualize that you are treating his back as if you were able to put hands directly on it.

it might be of relevance, that in reiki, securing a magnetic field around the affected area is not a compulsion, though it sometimes makes a more suitable environment for healing to take place.... however, if you are applying other modalities like shaitsu, or like quantum touch, the requirements may vary.

if the patient lays straight and you treat the lower abdomen with a visualization (equipped with HSZSN) that reiki is being offered to back disk in particular, the effects may be subtle instead of being prominent, but in the end, the effects would be as profound as if you had been treating him direct on the back.

take care

salman
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Treating those with back/disc issues Empty Re: Treating those with back/disc issues

Post by queen of clean Fri May 06, 2011 8:05 pm

flower
    for comfort, an under knee bolster would be a good thing
    having had back pain myself even lying in bed can be awkward so getting onto a table Question Ummm
    i'd lower the table if possible to make that easier for clients and ask how they would like to position themselves,
    lying on their back would most probably be the more comfortable position?.
    if you can, gently slip a hand under their lower back as you place the other on their abdomen. also treat the hips as many times back pain is actually referred pain from here. the siatic nerve also runs down the legs so also treat the knees and ankles. heart smiley
    i give my back reiki at times as necessary and the relief is undiscribable so if you can get your clients comfortable it will be so worth it Wink
    queen
    Sunflower
    Sunflower

Post by Sunflower Sat May 07, 2011 8:36 am

Salman, I love your ideas for using the HSZSN and placing my hands on the lower abdomen to send the Reiki there to the back. Thank you for your time and consideration in helping me!

Queen, you also make excellent points, about tight hips causing refered back pain. A physical therapist mentioned this to me once, but I'd forgotten! I may indeed lower the table. I've got a huge behind-the-knees bolster.

Thank you both for generous sharing your experience, patience, and expertise with me. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:40 pm