Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Pachamama
Rlei_ki
6 posters

"It' the struggle in life..."

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

"It' the struggle in life..." Empty "It' the struggle in life..."

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 pm

There is a Jesuit saying which goes something like:

"It's the struggle in life that makes souls strong"

and many spiritual teachers from several different traditions have also taught that encounter with illness, pain and suffering (be it mental or physical) is one of the ways in which Spirit presents us with important "Learning Opportunities".

Opinions?

Pachamama

"It' the struggle in life..." Empty Re: "It' the struggle in life..."

Post by Pachamama Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Opinions? well I don't adhere to the idea that one has to experience struggle and pain to be brought back to 'soul level' but for many people this is the case.

So many people who have experienced serious illness or disease have said it was the best thing that ever happened to them, because it made them 'keep it real' and live life in a more meaningful way.

I think we can all live wonderful fullfilling happy lives, without having to experience struggle and pain. I don't have to have a leg torn off me in a horrendous accident to appreciate being able bodied!

But in a general statement, I think it's fair to say that for some people, pain and suffering can create circumstamces which encourage personal growth.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 pm

yeah, every single experience is there for us to evolve. life changing events can occur via extreme circumstances.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 pm

I think the secret is to take notice of your intuition if something does not feel right in your life and take steps to change it if possible before the "Universe" changes it for you!

Smile
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:58 pm

flower
    There are messages every day if we really listen and these don't necessarily have to be in direct link to us personally. Many global disasters or human suffering stories can always leave us with an opportunity for growth or change in our own lives if we allow it. many times personal tragedy can bring us into depression, whether that makes us stronger all depends on the support we have and own own internal self talk, there are many who do not recover from this, suicide is an example but may be this is the catalyst that someone else needed to change their life. Question
    queen
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:08 am

my brother's suicide was certainly a catalyst for my searching for spiritual truth! I was always a bit of a 'sensitive' gal and had my own personal relationship with 'god'. But after my brothers death and the fact that me and my sisters didn't pick up any intuitive signals that something was amiss, It made me question and search deeper.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Pachamama wrote:my brother's suicide was certainly a catalyst for my searching for spiritual truth! I was always a bit of a 'sensitive' gal and had my own personal relationship with 'god'. But after my brothers death and the fact that me and my sisters didn't pick up any intuitive signals that something was amiss, It made me question and search deeper.

Sudden/unexpected events in our lives
    tend to send us in search of the why?
    that, often leads us to our inner self
    for the answers. Reiki helps many folks
    find their spiritual path "It' the struggle in life..." 850837
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Reiki was part of my spiritual path, I was on it long before I came across Reiki.....

healing both receiving and offering has been the greatest gift of spiritual awakening I have ever experienced..... I love you
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:06 am

Pachamama wrote:Reiki was part of my spiritual path, I was on it long before I came across Reiki.....

healing both receiving and offering has been the greatest gift of spiritual awakening I have ever experienced..... I love you

cheers The Reiki principles IMO enhance
    ones spiritual path "It' the struggle in life..." 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 pm