Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

Past Traumas, Present Healing - Role of awareness

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Past Traumas, Present Healing - Role of awareness Empty Past Traumas, Present Healing - Role of awareness

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 pm

hi friends Smile

this topic has arisen as a result of some queries (infact quite in depth) raised by one our new member Gerli (gerli78), as below :

Gerli wrote:my name is Gerli and I joined couple of days ago, 2 weeks ago i received my 1st level reiki blessing, and now exploring the experience of reiki by giving to others and to myself.

I read the topic about stored emotions, it is really interesting, although let me also say thta some parts of it remain unclear.

I understand we store emotions, and in result we work out certain behaviours, to avoid those emotions from surfacing, and also by supressing let's say mental pain, which is the result of something happening to us in the childhood, we develop a set of behaviours to protect ourselves from that pain.

Why I'm so interested in this topic, is that I have my first "patient", who has suppressed the pains of his past, and doesn't know now how to release them and let go of them. I have performed reiki on him on the 3 consequtive nights, and as from my side I have felt the energy entering his body, and on certain points even how my hands have been literally sucked to his body...
    What I would like to know, is, that if the person at the time deciding to receive reiki does not think or even contemplate, that half of his troubles are exactly in the past hurt, which he has suppressed for years. Does reiki have the ability to make them understand in the healing process, that this something, that is stopping them from living their life to the fullest?

I hope I have explained it clear enough.

With all the best wishes
    Gerli
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Past Traumas, Present Healing - Role of awareness Empty Re: Past Traumas, Present Healing - Role of awareness

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Gerli

you wrote :

I understand we store emotions, and in result we work out certain behaviours, to avoid those emotions from surfacing, and also by supressing let's say mental pain, which is the result of something happening to us in the childhood, we develop a set of behaviours to protect ourselves from that pain.

thats a brilliant understanding of human behaviour... i agree with it... actually we love ourselves more than we feel or believe... whenever we are in a shocking state of events, we are invariably protecting ourselves from shockwaves by shielding ourselves from direct exposure... this unconscious effort leads to a possibility sometimes that we tend to start storing emotions in our being ( lets say, in our physical body, in a transformed state, since, by all means, all is interchangeable)...

now, coming more specifically to your questions :

........what I would like to know, is, that if the person at the time deciding to receive reiki does not think or even contemplate, that half of his troubles are exactly in the past hurt, which he has suppressed for years. Does reiki have the ability to make them understand in the healing process, that this something, that is stopping them from living their life to the fullest?

very thought provoking questions indeed. wow Smile

it is possible that reiki makes the past stuff go off, without the patient cognizant of what exactly has been happening to him during the treatments... this is sometimes not easy to handle though... in such cases when reiki cures the "effects" of past traumas, without letting it come to conscious level of troubled person, the person usually feels a need to cry without reasons... there are mood shifts, irritability, depression, and like stuff... these are 'veiled' indications that past stuff is being flushed off from the present system of being, and that person is recovering...

in the meanwhile, usually it happens that as some movement is made towards recovery, the person gets inclined to introspection and self-talks, he tries to evaluate himself, and flashbacks of what wrong has been occasioned to him in the past, usually do take place.... so, even without telling him, he catches the thread that leads to think about his past miseries... as he keeps thinking, with reiki in motion, he is able to decipher 'veiled symptoms' of his problems...

but, i must say, this is only a broad conceptualization of what i understand in the matter...

what if, just to add to the discussion, we opt to explain to him that reiki cures his present symptoms by removing the 'effects' of past traumas too... ? would he be able to take benefit of it ? or he would be immediately prone to general tendency of self-pity ? this is difficult to generalize... it can act both ways as i understand it, but nevertheless, either way, he recovers provided reiki is continued... timeframe ? i think thats not easy to pre–calculate... the therapy may need some long time like a year or so... or it may take just a small number of visits to unleash his self-healing potential coming forward... all depends on case to case basis...

NOTE : this discussion (Gerli's questions and my answers as above, happened in the first instance in PM, which have been brought to general discussion for more guidance, with Gerli's permission. Lets take the discussion further by adding yet one more question to the sequel Smile :

"Whats the role of 'awareness' of a patient whom we are treating with reiki, and whose present problems seem to sit in his past. If the patient is 'aware' that his present problems date back to his past, does this awareness produces more productive interaction with reiki at work to ease off the problem more easily ?

if not, can we safely rule out that efficiency of reiki treatments does not change even if the patient is aware that reiki is operating on a multi–dimensional basis involving physical, physiological, emotional and possibly spiritual side ? (i personally feel that role of awareness in efficiency of reiki treatments has not been discussed in detail here on RLL before Gerli pointed this out)

take care

salman

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 pm