Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012 (STICKY!?....maybe)

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012  (STICKY!?....maybe) Empty Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012 (STICKY!?....maybe)

Post by LuvSoulJah Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Ok, so this might be considered by some to be a "sticky" subject. But I feel it needs to be addressed.

Yesterday afternoon I woke up from a nap and an appocolyptic kind of dream, to what sounded like the "great deluge" happening outside and a mail in my inbox from a close friend, and of recent also Reiki 1 student of mine.
    She had a question for me concerning her two kids....

Here's what she wrote:

im trying to explain the end of the world as we know it to the boys and its not that the world is gona end
    but it is as we know are world will change to something we dont know or haven experienced yet.
    Its a shift of energy in the solar planets and that will effect our energy and how we will feel.
    Now how can i explain energy to the boys in a way that they can understand?
    ive shown them pictures of energy coming from our bodys but yet the cant understand where it comes from
    and how they feel it.what would you say?

I don't have any kids of my own. But I remember when I was visiting Wayne and his family in Nottigham,
    His little daughter Lana asked me what I think about "2012"!?

Of course I knew what she was talking about, but I pretended not to and asked her what she meant.
    She told me that kids in her school were saying that the world was gonna end next year.
    Lana didn't seem too worried though, she was actually laughing as if to say it was silly of them to think or say so.
    So I laughed with her.

While I have had many discussions about this topic with friends... and family too, to an extent.
    I never really considered that this stuff must be circulating through primary schools too.
    But when Lana asked me that question I remembered me being in a similar situation when I was her age and there were similar rumours going around about "THE END OF THE WORLD". That time it was supposed to be "armagedon by commit".
    And it did fire off my imagination... "how that would look?!", "what would happen to everyone?!"...
    And "was there anything beyond this existence... or would be be propelled into nothingness!?"
    It made me a little anxious and it was possibly the start or re-start of my spiritual journey.

I'm gonna generalize here a bit and make a bold statement and/or assumption that most parents have left their
    children's education in the hands of the "education system". So what are kids being taught? And besides that,
    what kind of info are they being exposed to on the school grounds, internet & media?
    How well do we know our kids and what's going on in their heads?

Maybe we feel we need to protect our kids and umbrella them from the "crazy world outside." But we can't be there
    all the time. And is that even right? Do they not have a right to know? Ok, so I don't know exactly what's happening
    or what's going to happen, but many scientists agree that we are gonna experience some changes here soon.
    And I'm not just talking about economic crashes and riots although they will no doubt be a part of it.
    But what the scientists agree on is that we are about to experience a pole shift and some extreme solar activity like we have never witnessed before. Ok, so I could get into the whole science and esoterics of it now, but being as I'm
    on a Reiki forum I'm gonna assume that most or atleast some of us here, share similar interests other than Reiki.
    And I wont have to go into the whole Mayan and Egyptian thing...laylines...etc,etc..

What I'm trying to get at is a topic we have touched upon here on another thread before; "Can we teach Reiki to kids?"
    Well...., it doesn't have to be Reiki! There are many other modalities that teach about energy. But Reiki could also be considered as one to teach kids... maybe to the more lazy ones... lol
    Anyway..., I think we have a responsibility towards our kids, to teach them the things that they are not being taught in school. I know it didn't help me much thinking the world was gonna end, while the closest thing to spirituality I was being taught or exposed to was the Catholic doctrine and forbodings of heaven with a vengeful
    God and a firey hell ruled by a jealous Demi-God/Demon that would stick hot pokers up your ass for all eternity.
    And somewhere in between there was pergatory where they would decide what to do with your soul... I imagined that would be a bit like sitting in a doctor's waiting room. Shocked Crying or Very sad

Anyway, my advice to my friend was to sit down with the boys and watch Avatar. And maybe, to instead of trying to explain something to them that she didn't understand so well herself..., to make an activity out of it, where they could use their own imaginations to come up with what they thought energy was.
    I suggested to do it by the fireplace or candlelight maybe, as it's a good element to explain energy with.
    And finally, to do Reiki with them. I also linked her to some Alex Grey artwork and some youtube vids.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome... I think this is an important topic.

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012  (STICKY!?....maybe) Empty Re: Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012 (STICKY!?....maybe)

Post by LuvSoulJah Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:00 am

I'm not a propagator of any doomsday prophecies, least of all "2012"... frankly I dont believe in that date myself... Sure a pole shift is a likely event to occur at the precession of the equinoxes. And NASA have predicted some solar flairs. But my point was that what my friend was describing there could just as well have been death, or a transission from one life to another. So istead of having kids running around scared, scaring other kids and parents alike, causing a snowball effect..... We should enourage a healthier understanding of spirituality... I know everyone has their own beliefs... but the least we could offer them is some other ideas than those posed by some religious institutions and help them become more aware of themselves and their own spirituality...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012  (STICKY!?....maybe) Empty Re: Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012 (STICKY!?....maybe)

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:19 am

Hi Ben,
    It's a great topic. I'll leave it to other staff to pick up on your suggestion re: Sticky. I'm a little to involed in the subject matter to be impartial. Smile.

LuvSoulJah wrote:

I don't have any kids of my own. But I remember when I was visiting Wayne and his family in Nottigham,
    His little daughter Lana asked me what I think about "2012"!?

Of course I knew what she was talking about, but I pretended not to and asked her what she meant.
    She told me that kids in her school were saying that the world was gonna end next year.
    Lana didn't seem too worried though, she was actually laughing as if to say it was silly of them to think or say so.
    So I laughed with her.

Mmmm. Depth breath here. Yeah i was really annoyed at that. Being a school governor, i'll word my words carefully, hehe.

It was kids at school that told her about that. so naturally, in my own way, i let Lana know her freinds were talking crap. Then it was there were gonna be hurricanes in nottingham and it would get wiped off the map.

Calem. He's just been diganosed as autistic. Goes to a special school. He was very happy with a treat he got from school one day. A little small figure of a human. He intended to use it as a voodoo doll. blame Scooby-doo for giving him that idea. I've just re-checked with him, and he confirmed he saw it there.

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    I'm gonna generalize here a bit and make a bold statement and/or assumption that most parents have left their
    children's education in the hands of the "education system". So what are kids being taught? And besides that,
    what kind of info are they being exposed to on the school grounds, internet & media?
    How well do we know our kids and what's going on in their heads?

Excellant food for thought. With my position, i've certain responsibilites to the local education system. Though one important factor in your paragraph is humans are tuaght in such ways to dumb down their critical thinking. Look, i dont know if a lot of what is took for granted is really true. I gotta take others words for it. I'm independant enough, and wise enough to know everyone though the world was flat 500 years ago. Just cause i've saw pictures of a round planet, and can feel warmth when the sun shines, i am meant to without question accept the world is round and the sun is a flaming ball of gas. Heaven forbid i try to sit on the fence until i can somehow make my own mind up. Reading this many will think i'm an idiot. And that proves my point.

Lana & Calem are taught it's important to take no-ones word on anything. To find out for themselves if possible. Make their own minds up. I gotta do this with everything. School subjects, even medicine. Definitely medicine. Also in particular God & religion. I've had a great relationship with something i call God. Yet i really dont know if there is anything after this life. How could i? Or if God even exists. how do i really know what is happening in this existence? I dont. I hav'nt got a clue.

Our conditioning, our brain-washing is extreme. I see it in absolutely every aspect of our lives. sometimes obvious, often subtle. We think we are decidng for ourselves. We think we know the world. I'll stop here.

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    Maybe we feel we need to protect our kids and umbrella them from the "crazy world outside." But we can't be there
    all the time. And is that even right? Do they not have a right to know?
    Ok, so I don't know exactly what's happening
    or what's going to happen, but many scientists agree that we are gonna experience some changes here soon.
    And I'm not just talking about economic crashes and riots although they will no doubt be a part of it.
    But what the scientists agree on is that we are about to experience a pole shift and some extreme solar activity like we have never witnessed before. Ok, so I could get into the whole science and esoterics of it now, but being as I'm
    on a Reiki forum I'm gonna assume that most or atleast some of us here, share similar interests other than Reiki.
    And I wont have to go into the whole Mayan and Egyptian thing...laylines...etc,etc..

challenge for me is, there is no certainty anything is going to happen. There's lots of fringe & alternative folks who are giving very different opinions of these things. So am i really gonna tell my 8 & 9 year old kids we may have only a year left? No way. Not until i am pretty sure there is no other choice they have to know. And then it may be down to the very last minute. The whole world can go to war once more, folks can come up with lots of disaster ideas, none of that means the end of society.

It's useful for us all to be crapping ourselves anyhow. We automatically dont give a damn about human rights then. We both know this.

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    What I'm trying to get at is a topic we have touched upon here on another thread before; "Can we teach Reiki to kids?"
    Well...., it doesn't have to be Reiki! There are many other modalities that teach about energy. But Reiki could also be considered as one to teach kids... maybe to the more lazy ones... lol

It's vital. Reiki will save this planet. Save us. I'm conjuring up a topic on this very soon.

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    Anyway..., I think we have a responsibility towards our kids, to teach them the things that they are not being taught in school.

Most definitely. Ya know, people are taught subjects in school to make them bit-part players in society. why on earth are so many people with degrees, etc not getting jobs? Oh, it's asked for more experience. Yet the whole point of a degree, in particular a Masters is total immersement in relevant subject matter.

Also, people are taught to do certain tasks in factories which makes them also only able to do part of a task. humans are losing the knowledge of how to do something from A to Z themselves. So many lost arts.

I'm away to kick my own ass...
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Earth's energy is basic, fire, air,water.
    We can explain energy from that view point.

Earth is our energy base we use it to plant
    our food, build highways, gives us coal iron
    diamonds etc; earth supports life above on
    and below.

Fire energy can warm us coal/fireplace,candle
    lights the dark, fire cooks food launches
    rockets, careful it can get outta control,

Air needs to be kept clean, it has the power
    to move boats through the water,dry clothes
    on a line, move windmills, become a breeze or
    a destructive hurricane.

Water energy supports life on earth and the
    the oceans. It supplies water to keep us and
    vegetation alive. Runs electrical plants and
    can cause destructive flooding.
    sunny

Reiki energy is Universal energy = Earth sunny

Last edited by chi_solas on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:19 pm

I remember as a kid those rumors
    of the end of the world. Silver
    cross's in the sky, turned out to
    be jet planes. scratch

Then there was the famous Fatima
    letter to opened in 1966 by the
    Pope. That was rumored the news
    was too bad to share it with the
    world. Arrow

Different generations rite of passage.
    Reiki was always there dormant. I just
    never recognised it was there during
    those terrifying rumors. sunny
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:31 am

Looks like we on our own here Wayne. Laughing

LuvSoulJah wrote:

Wayne wrote:
    It's vital. Reiki will save this planet. Save us. I'm conjuring up a topic on this very soon.

Looks like we gotta take a grass-roots approach here... "get em while they're young" lol!
    Create an army of CPP REIKI MASTER Kids .... ~Teenaged Mutant Reiki Heroes~ jocolor
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 am

I never knew there was a problem
    with teaching Reiki to kids. Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012  (STICKY!?....maybe) 850837

unless I'm mis-understanding
    or you have a hidden adgenda,
    enlighten me flower
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:30 pm

ahhh Sorry bridget! Rolling Eyes I didn't mean to alienate you of course you can help us build our Teenage Mutant Reiki Heroe army! lol! I just meant that Wayne and I are alone in the matter that we take some of these "rumours" a bit more serious than others... perhaps wrongly so.... better safe than sorry... but in the end we are all in the same boat... My main concern in this thread was to help kids overcome the fear of death... by making them more aware of their spiritual selves.. Sorry my bad... Embarassed formulated that wrong. Crying or Very sad Your much loved and appreciated Bridget and ur input everywhere is wlecome!!

I should have said "Only conspiracy nuts allowed!" lol!

beat
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:43 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=267835809917540&set=a.265563673478087.72222.265243743510080&type=1&theater James has been so kind to design the superheroe costumes for us! lol! I think you'd look smashing in one of these!!! Cool and would have you on my team any day of the week!! Laughing Kids, energy, spirituality & 2012  (STICKY!?....maybe) 320518_267835809917540_265243743510080_831453_343982122_n
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:40 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:ahhh Sorry bridget! Rolling Eyes I didn't mean to alienate you of course you can help us build our Teenage Mutant Reiki Heroe army! lol! I just meant that Wayne and I are alone in the matter that we take some of these "rumours" a bit more serious than others... perhaps wrongly so.... better safe than sorry... but in the end we are all in the same boat... My main concern in this thread was to help kids overcome the fear of death... by making them more aware of their spiritual selves.. Sorry my bad... Embarassed formulated that wrong. Crying or Very sad Your much loved and appreciated Bridget and ur input everywhere is wlecome!!

I should have said "Only conspiracy nuts allowed!" lol!

beat

I gottcha.....slow on the uptake flower
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 pm

well a couple of years ago I did a short intensive teacher training course PTLLS.. (preparing to teach in the life long learning sector)...in one of my assignments I wrote quite a few quotes about what education was to me, my tutor wasn't impressed with them and I had to 'remove' one or two...ahaha if I can find that assignment I'll post the quotes...basically they were implying that school actually hinders real education. Very Happy

my 12 year old son came home with a homework paper yesterday...it had a refreshing outlook which impressed me no end!!

~~
    'The success criteria for this homework is not just the finished product. Instead we will be measuring their effort, creativity and ability to complete the homework on time.

Hopefully the success of the homeworks will not just be in the products produced but in the creation of independent and lifelong learners who want to learn above and beyond the national curriculum'

~~

reading this made me a very happy parent!!!! Cool

My kids are 17, 15 and 12 now, watching them all go through the national curriculum education system in this country has made me see how limited the national curriculum is. So to read this on a homework paper from school makes me realise that quite a few great teachers also find the the national curriculum quite limiting to a childs education!! I'm very straight talking when I go and see teachers for parents evenings...and I have discovered that many teachers feel very frustrated at what and they in which they have to teach.

I've always encouraged my kids to think for themselves and to question everything...Christmas was always a fun time when they were in primary school as I always told them about the winter solstice and the 'rebirth of the sun' after a long dark winter....and that those pesky Christians pinched that pagan festival and made it their own.... they used to role their eyes every year, yeah yeah, we know mum! ahahahah

~
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:10 pm

ooh and as for explaining energy to kids..... its really simple to play around and encourage them to see and feel their own auras ( energy fields) all my kids have seen their own auras at differnt times. we used to have deep red velvet curtains in my bedroom, I'd get them to lay on the bed with me and we'd stick our feet in the air and try and see the energy emanating around our feet, it was quite easy against the dark red background Very Happy I've even had the hubby doing it!! now that IS a miracle!! ahaha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:29 am