Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
rzukic
Milarepa
chi_solas
artlovelight
8 posters

The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy

artlovelight
    artlovelight
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Empty The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy

Post by artlovelight Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:47 am

Today I listened to a high-level Qi Gong & Reiki practitioner (Q.) discussing this question with another energy worker (R.) who has recieved Reiki attunements over the last few years (lifelong energy worker).

R's position was that, Reiki being universal life energy, would be the same as Qi Gong energy.

Q.'s position was that, Qi Gong is manipulating one's own personal life energy, as a machine, whereas Reiki, one is flowing the universal life energy, as a conduit.

R. and Q. did not seem to come to an understanding. I perceived them to be arguing about the same thing.

R. said that he draws in energy to all his cells; Q. states that for Reiki, energy needs to be channeled through the crown chakra so as not to pass on personal energy.

So I suppose this question also arises: When practicing Reiki, must you draw the energy in through the crown chakra and out through the hands? Q. has recieved Reiki from R. and felt that R. brought in a lot of non-Reiki energy with the Reiki treatment. R. was surprised as he perceives himself to be very intuitive in regards to differentiating different aspects of people's energy.

I have been relying on the Reiki energy to go where it will, not intending it to come in or out anywhere.

And -- How do you differentiate Reiki energy from our own personal life energy/ are these the same things?

Thank you for reading my conversation and thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter. I would like to draw on your responses if this conversation arises again. Thank you.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Empty Re: The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy

Post by chi_solas Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 pm

When practicing Reiki, must you draw the energy in through the crown chakra and out through the hands?
    artlovelight:
    You do not have to use your hands to facilitate Reiki
    nor have it enter only through your crown. I often sense
    the ULFE through my feet that are closer to the earth bounce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Empty Re: The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy

Post by Milarepa Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Nice topic. And warm welcome to the forum!

artlovelight wrote:Today I listened to a high-level Qi Gong & Reiki practitioner (Q.) discussing this question with another energy worker (R.) who has recieved Reiki attunements over the last few years (lifelong energy worker).

Even though a person is high level, in Qigong, Reiki, or anything, they're subject to the same conditioning as us all. This includes their training and their peers. Smile.

artlovelight wrote:
    R's position was that, Reiki being universal life energy, would be the same as Qi Gong energy.

No my position. Electricity is energy, yet not many assume it is the same as others energy. i'll share a poster from someone who's looked at this in-depth.

The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Patter10

Check out this topic also, wrote by the person who made the above picture..

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t24-concerning-ule

artlovelight wrote:
    Q.'s position was that, Qi Gong is manipulating one's own personal life energy, as a machine, whereas Reiki, one is flowing the universal life energy, as a conduit.

R. and Q. did not seem to come to an understanding. I perceived them to be arguing about the same thing.

not the same. The way one accesses things has a direct impact on the form that is accessed.

artlovelight wrote:
    R. said that he draws in energy to all his cells; Q. states that for Reiki, energy needs to be channeled through the crown chakra so as not to pass on personal energy.

Reiki doesn't need to be accesses through the crown. Why would it. Initially i experienced Reiki though the crown. then i experienced it through the stomach area. then i experienced it from all around. At all points this was at different stages of my Reiki journey. So different understandings. Understandings based on training and my peers, and my own acceptance. so which one is it.

artlovelight wrote:
    So I suppose this question also arises: When practicing Reiki, must you draw the energy in through the crown chakra and out through the hands?

No, Smile. there's some who don't draw anything and send out anything from the hands. Some believe that a person starts a process in themselves. and the client then has a response. This response they call 'Reiki'.

The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Do_no_10

artlovelight wrote:
    Q. has recieved Reiki from R. and felt that R. brought in a lot of non-Reiki energy with the Reiki treatment. R. was surprised as he perceives himself to be very intuitive in regards to differentiating different aspects of people's energy.

your question is did this happen? If we go back to my last comment. and the dynamic is reversed. It is not the practitioner, but the client who dictates the responses. then it is easy to see in this case that the Qigong guy was sensing his own varied energy ways. R would be surprised as R is simply doing as they always are.

artlovelight wrote:
    I have been relying on the Reiki energy to go where it will, not intending it to come in or out anywhere.

If ya want to do this, it is cool and proper.

artlovelight wrote:
    And -- How do you differentiate Reiki energy from our own personal life energy/ are these the same things?

If you're trained in Reiki, initiated, when you start the process called a Reiki treatment, the experience will be Reiki. The experience should be different than what you feel from personal life energy. The more you practice on yourself the more you get to recoqnise the feeling.

Are you Reiki trained?

artlovelight wrote:
    Thank you for reading my conversation and thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter. I would like to draw on your responses if this conversation arises again. Thank you.

Thank-you loads for coming onto the forum. It'd be great if you came by again. Smile.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Wayne,

No, Smile. there's some who don't draw anything and send out anything from the hands. Some believe that a person starts a process in themselves. and the client then has a response. This response they call 'Reiki'.

James brings a very interesting point here which (in some ways) reminds me of Faraday's Law Of Induction?!

I remembered in one of his previous posts he quoted Master Hamamoto:

Kenji Hamamoto wrote: "To truly become more effective Reiki healers ... We should focus on developing our compassion"

At the time I didn't know anything about Master Hamamoto but I was doing research of my own on the power of the core heart feelings (compassion, appreciation,care etc.).

My reasons were different: As some of you know, I moved from the field of Security to Operations and in the process (due to the nature of the job) my stress level "exploded".

I was looking for the fast and reliable way to reduce (or even better yet..to eliminate) stress. My list of interest included: Reiki, NLP, Autogenic Training, EFT, Breathing and Heart Math Solution.

While doing research on Emotional Intelligence I came across the concept of "Intelligent Heart" which in essence claims that self induced positive feelings (love, care, appreciation, compassion etc.) can "eat stress for the breakfast". Apparently, there was a lot of scientific evidence to back up these claims. (there are some "feedback devices" to provide you "real time" feedback.)

I got one of these devices from hearmath and started training. It was amazing to see how negative feelings (anger, frustration etc) affect HRV (Heart Rate Variability). When experiencing these negative feelings, our HRV pattern is all incoherent, jerky but when experiencing positive feelings our HRV pattern changes to coherent ordered.

Here is screen shot of one of my sessions:

[img]The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Heart_13[/img]

About Session:

Please note that this was a 15 minutes session (at high level of difficulty) where I was able to stay 11 minutes (without interruption) in the high coherence. Pay attention to the HRV Graph Above.

Some evidence suggest that Heart's electromagnetic field is the strongest field produced by body and could be measured several feet away thus could be able to affect other people (some form of entrainment may take place). This, in some way, may put more light to the concept of "Healing Space"

Now, going back to James' point, I can not help but note how similar Reiki and core heart feelings are...(in its effect) It would take entire e-book to point out how both Reiki and core heart feeling boost immune system, reduce/eliminate stress...and , do I dare to ask, is there any difference (aside from the form)

Following the above idea (if reiki is not omnipresent....but ...being generated) does it in some way makes reiki less spiritual and more psychic?

Best Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 pm

rzukic wrote:

Now, going back to James' point,

It was my point, Smile. James may or may not agree with some or all of it. Oh, speaking of James, for everyone's benefit, his site, AETW.org, may or may not be getting renewed. Any information anyone wants from it to download, etc, James suggests that the forum members do this asap. James has took a step back from public Reiki things.

rzukic wrote:
    do I dare to ask, is there any difference (aside from the form)

core heart feelings feature heavily in Reiki. Takata said the most important thing was gratitude. they're linked soo much i find it even hard to differentiate here. Myself, i could go with yeah what you wrote.

Though the form of the experience does bring up many variables of said experience. Such as effects, results, potential, time-scale, etc.

[center]The Difference Between Reiki Energy & Qi Gong Energy Reiki_10

rzukic wrote:
    Following the above idea (if reiki is not omnipresent....but ...being generated) does it in some way makes reiki less spiritual and more psychic?

My opinion, fwiw, is the Reiki experience is so intimate it is beyond the classification of spiritual or scientific. Rather, it is even beyond the point one would agree that the two paths are the same.

Takata said ones' Reiki radiates outward, nothing can penetrate it. I'm inclined to assume that 'my' Reiki is omnipresent around me to an extent, since i'm initiated. If one regards the symbols as always within oneself, and active, it's easy to explain this.

Problem comes with using the word 'Reiki' as a catch-all phrase. It's lead to assumptions that so many things are Reiki. It dulls down our critical thinking ability. I know you're all for critical thinking Resko. What i'm getting at is not only is the process of a treatment known as Reiki, so is the effect. 'Doing Reiki', 'Receiving Reiki', etc. I'm not sure i'm advocating some new terminology, might confuse more, haah.

I gotta go bring my daughters lunch to school. Will edit some closing words when i get back maybe.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    artlovelight
    artlovelight
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by artlovelight Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 am

Thanks to all who have replied.

I think Yes, Q. would have had his own scattered thoughts influencing the Reiki session. I do think R. is intuitive.

I am Reiki-trained; have recieved all attunements up to Master over the last year. I feel that I am not a "Master" so much as I have taken all the classes but a real Master must do the experience which must be gained over time and practice. I know the difference in myself between my energy and happiness and when I am intending Reiki and loving-kindness. This heart-graph information makes a great deal of sense; it is in line with the way I feel about this energy.

@rzukic - i have also used EFT on myself effectively. At the monastery I live at, there are a few who have the Heart Math monitors and they are wonderful little machines. Thank you for this good information.

@Milarepa - I also agree the terminology is lacking. It is my belief that doing Reiki the understanding will arrive - those of us who are confused can spend more time with Reiki. (thus, my arrival on this forum)

And, in regards to Q & R - they do indeed have different approaches both with form and with their own personal energy and with Reiki.

@chi_solas @milarepa - I also believe Reiki can be experienced in different ways; not specific. Q. was saying one could do reiki "wrong" which I also do not believe - I think Reiki can be channeled strongly; when one is in a good heartspace and clear and allowing with gratitude; or weakly, when one is sickly or angry or vindictive- when I am feeling this way, Reiki is not so clear to me.

When I intend Reiki when I am feeling negative emotions, if I hold the intention, then my mood and heartspace change. I often don't want to make the effort to hold the intention; which is where the Reiki principles are valuable when used daily. So I think Reiki is around me and how much of it i percieve is because of my attunements and my own choice to draw it in or let myself stagnate in a bad mood.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:49 am

And ya made a reciprocal link! without being asked? Oh, your in the good books here!!

i'll update you to forum promoter now.

sorry i am not replying more in-depth, i'm busy with home stuff atm. Agree with most if not all of what you said though! Smile

warmest wishes

Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 am

artlovelight wrote:Thanks to all who have replied.

I think Yes, Q. would have had his own scattered thoughts influencing the Reiki session. I do think R. is intuitive.

I am Reiki-trained; have recieved all attunements up to Master over the last year. I feel that I am not a "Master" so much as I have taken all the classes but a real Master must do the experience which must be gained over time and practice. I know the difference in myself between my energy and happiness and when I am intending Reiki and loving-kindness. This heart-graph information makes a great deal of sense; it is in line with the way I feel about this energy.

@rzukic - i have also used EFT on myself effectively. At the monastery I live at, there are a few who have the Heart Math monitors and they are wonderful little machines. Thank you for this good information.

@Milarepa - I also agree the terminology is lacking. It is my belief that doing Reiki the understanding will arrive - those of us who are confused can spend more time with Reiki. (thus, my arrival on this forum)

And, in regards to Q & R - they do indeed have different approaches both with form and with their own personal energy and with Reiki.

@chi_solas @milarepa - I also believe Reiki can be experienced in different ways; not specific. Q. was saying one could do reiki "wrong" which I also do not believe - I think Reiki can be channeled strongly; when one is in a good heartspace and clear and allowing with gratitude; or weakly, when one is sickly or angry or vindictive- when I am feeling this way, Reiki is not so clear to me.

When I intend Reiki when I am feeling negative emotions, if I hold the intention, then my mood and heartspace change. I often don't want to make the effort to hold the intention; which is where the Reiki principles are valuable when used daily. So I think Reiki is around me and how much of it i percieve is because of my attunements and my own choice to draw it in or let myself stagnate in a bad mood.

great post cheers
    artlovelight
    artlovelight
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by artlovelight Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 am

Many thanks! I am happy I found this place; and I need that banner on my page so I can get here. Very Happy
    osamenor
    osamenor

Post by osamenor Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

"The Tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Tao."

Isn't that what this discussion is getting at, ultimately?

Aren't reiki and qi gong simply different ways to work/play with the same kind of energy? Perhaps the source is different--when giving reiki, you draw it from the universe, and when practicing qi gong, you're playing with your own qi/ki/chi.

For me, those things are inextricably intertwined because I was first introduced to those concepts simultaneously. It seems only natural that they are working with the same energies.

So I'm more inclined to agree with R, if indeed there is any argument--it sounds like they're just describing the same thing different ways. Although I do have a bit of an issue with Q saying qi gong manipulates energy "like a machine." If you're operating a machine, you know exactly what the machine's going to do, and the machine does it, unless it's malfunctioning or you're operating it wrong. If you're doing qi gong, you don't know what that energy is going to do. You just experience it and play with it. Which is basically what happens when giving or receiving reiki, isn't it?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:52 pm

osamenor wrote:"The Tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Tao."

that's the answer. Which of course creates a situation. The moment we begin to talk about it, it's no longer that which it is.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    smm41
    smm41
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by smm41 Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:51 am

VERY INTERESTING. I HAVE ALSO BEEN CONTEMPLATING THE DIFFERENCE IF ANY OF QI GONG AND REIKI. I WILL HAVE TO DO SOME RESEARCH.
    smm41
    smm41
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by smm41 Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 am

@RZUKIC THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 am

A few years ago now, a young man came to me for Reiki attunement. He told me that his Qi Gong master had told him he had too much "hot" energy and needed some "cool" energy to balance it out. We had a very interesting day discussing Qi Gong and Reiki, the similarities and differences. While I don't profess to know the answers to your question, I thought I'd put this to you by way of an alternative.
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 am

Dear Friends,

I very much subscribe to Wayne's remark, "The more you practice on yourself the more you get to recognise the feeling." As I have mentioned in other threads on our Forum, I have been giving Reiki to myself almost every day for some time, to see if I can cure my vision problem and avoid eyeglasses or a cataract operation. I hope someday to report on my experience, hopefully successful. I must say for now that I have not yet experienced significantly positive results. But I am finding that the experience is teaching me a lot about Reiki and the energies with which we are working. I believe that it will help me to treat patients better. I think self-treatment is the best possible way to start to understand Reiki/

I have been doing Japanese martial arts, with an emphasis on QI, for about 15 years. I have also done a fair amount of TAICHI and QIGONG. I do a QIGONG standing exercise, for a half hour almost every morning, and have accumulated 60 hours so far. But I must say that I do not notice any similarity between QI in Reiki and QI in these other arts. In Reiki, I feel a palpable energy flowing out of my hands. I sometimes feel the patient's energies as well. I have never felt anything remotely similar in the other arts. So I personally think we are working with different energies.
    But it should be stressed that we are discussing things at a very deep level, for which science doesn't (or does not yet) have a clear methodology or vocabulary. We know what we are talking about when we ask whether the microorganism which causes a given disease is the same microorganism which causes another disease. We have methods to answer such questions. We do not, or do not yet, have clear methods for dealing with QI energies. So I think we should be humble when we discuss these things. Your experience may be different from mine. But it is not as if one of us is "right" and the other "wrong".
    Very best wishes to all,
    Yeruham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 am