Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers

Reikiverse
    Reikiverse
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers Empty The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers

Post by Reikiverse Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 am

Recently, chi_solas posted an excellent question about supporting resources should a student loose their teacher's support. As many have noted there are places where you can be attuned online. The support offered by local and online teachers varies. Some provide email and phone support. Others will provide Reiki shares/exchanges/support groups for their students or some combination of support there of. Some students bond with their teachers and ask questions while others don't. My question is regarding the responsibilities between student and teacher. What responsibilities do each have to the other and to themselves in their given roles?

Here is a url from the RLL archive and in particular Aronaya's response http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1447p15-should-reiki-attunements-specifically-the-reiki-master-attunement-come-with-a-warning

Here is an applicable quote from Milarepa
    ==============================================================
    Re: Unsure of R2 attunement tomorrow

Post by Milarepa on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 pm

......i advise against leaving a teacher solely cause you don't feel the fussy feeling. a good teacher will always be there for the student, will see the students spiritual (Reiki) growth as their responsibility, and will always be honest, understanding, and caring toward the student. if your teacher is like this, then they're a really good teacher. if they aspire to teach as authentic Reiki as they know, they're even better.
    =============================================================

Since we tend to talk about qualities when we talk about responsibilities I have included a tangential question of what qualities would most benefit a student or teacher.

Last edited by Reikiverse on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers Empty Re: The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 pm

The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers 85412 Reikiverse

I love your questions study The responsibilities and qualities of both students and teachers 850837

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 am