Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Pandora
thehungrycaterpillar
6 posters

What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students? Empty What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 am

Hi,

Are The attunements for Reiki 1 to Reiki 3 all done differently?

Why is a Reiki 3 able to channel and feel more energy compared to a Reiki 1?

what is happening to us that facilitates this?

bounce

Thanks!
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students? Empty Re: What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students?

Post by Pandora Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 am

Hiya - I think it depends on the lineage as to whether the attunement differs between levels. In the Diane Stein method which I use, the attunement process is the same for all 3 levels. As to what is different, the analogy I use is that of a rusty tap. When the tap is turned first, what comes out is water + sludge, but if you keep running water through the tap, the water clears and flows freely. The connection is always and fully open,so you don't need to turn the Reiki on as a Master, it just flows when it's needed.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students? Empty Re: What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:54 am

Pandora wrote:Hiya - I think it depends on the lineage as to whether the attunement differs between levels. In the Diane Stein method which I use, the attunement process is the same for all 3 levels. As to what is different, the analogy I use is that of a rusty tap. When the tap is turned first, what comes out is water + sludge, but if you keep running water through the tap, the water clears and flows freely. The connection is always and fully open,so you don't need to turn the Reiki on as a Master, it just flows when it's needed.

wow, I never knew that...
    I thought it was a combination of symbols or something else... Smile

So, if a person has been channeling energy otherwise and decided to take up Reiki, so they'll automatically be a 'Reiki 3' ???
    or what if somebody got 'Reiki 1' attunement 3 times?? - will it become Reiki 3 then? Wink
    will it still help the energy flow like 'Reiki 3'??
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:32 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    So, if a person has been channeling energy otherwise and decided to take up Reiki, so they'll automatically be a 'Reiki 3' ???

No. Smile
    They'll automatically be a "person who has been channeling energy otherwise" who has also just begun to work with Reiki..

or what if somebody got 'Reiki 1' attunement 3 times??

Then they will be a Reiki level 1 who has received the attunement three times Smile
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 am

Then they will be a Reiki level 1 who has received the attunement three times Smile

lol!

So James, Tell me please,

What is different about the reiki 3 attunement?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:43 am

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here! bounce
    As Chris said, it depends on the lineage or style of Reiki you are being attuned in as to what is or is not different in the Reiki 3 attunement.

Some styles will attune the person to the DKM in particular, some will also add other non-traditional Reiki symbols, like the Tibetan Master Symbol and use others such as the Fire Serpent and Raku, and special breathing techniques as part of the process. Others will not use any symbols at all, claiming that all you need is intent to attune to level 3 and a simple Reiju process. And, as Chris said some use the same process for all Reiki levels!

So it is difficult to answer the question: "What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement?" It could be nothing or it could be everything! Very Happy

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:43 am

lol!

So James, Tell me please,

I'll jump in and say that the intent to attune to a particular level is set before the attunement, and besides that, the Reiki guides know where the student is at and attune accordingly. (That's if you believe in guides!)
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:06 am

As Chris said, it depends on the lineage or style of Reiki you are being attuned in as to what is or is not different in the Reiki 3 attunement.

...... Others will not use any symbols at all, claiming that all you need is intent to attune to level 3 and a simple Reiju process. And, as Chris said some use the same process for all Reiki levels!

So it is difficult to answer the question: "What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement?" It could be nothing or it could be everything! Very Happy

Thanks Colin!
    Smile

I am just puzzled by attunements that use the same process for all reiki levels, How does the Reiki know it is for level 3, with just an intention?
    and what properties would constitute a level 3?
    or
    will the effect of the attunement depend upon the individual student's personal growth? Suspect

( I just saw Chris's post.)

So the Reiki guides help with the process?!! It's not like I don't believe in Guides, I do, just want to know how the attunement operates... bounce
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote: I am just puzzled by attunements that use the same process for all reiki levels, How does the Reiki know it is for level 3, with just an intention?
    and what properties would constitute a level 3?
    or
    will the effect of the attunement depend upon the individual student's personal growth? Suspect

( I just saw Chris's post.)

So the Reiki guides help with the process?!! It's not like I don't believe in Guides, I do, just want to know how the attunement operates... bounce

Hmm...I think I may be a little contraversial here but I am pretty sure that Reiki has no idea or indeed any interest in what level a student is being attuned to! affraid

The concept of Reiki levels is really abitrary and has nothing to do with the amount of Reiki or power of Reiki a practitioner can channel. The levels serve to divide the knowledge of the Reiki system into sections, which allow the student to practice what they have learned in each level. It is this continued practice which determines how sensitive or otherwise a person is in respect of sensing areas of imbalance or toxins and hence where to put their hands when treating.

In absent healing, it is the continued practice which allows a person to make a good "connection" with/for the receiver - and also practice and experience which allow the practitioner to help with mental/emotional or psychological problems.

That is not to say that one can only achieve good results unless one has been practicing for many years but even though some naturally sensitive people "get it" straight away, others need to practice regularly to achieve similar results.

The other thing to note is that the student is not really being attuned to a certain level, the attunement is really marking a waypoint on the path of the Reiki student, acknowledging that they now have the tools required to continue developing on their journey. Only by continued practice can they continue to progress. If they don't practice regularly, they will not develop their sensitivity or evolve as a Reiki practitioner or teacher.

A Reiki 3 attunement does not make one a Reiki Master - it acknowledges that the student has decided to continue the path towards mastership. Whether a person does progress towards mastership is down to the dedication of the individual.

Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks, James, Chris and Colin!

What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students? 837313 What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students? 837313 What is different about the Reiki 3 attunement for the students? 837313

I am going to marinate in that for a few hours and see....

Basketball
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:32 pm

It's the symbol at level 3 that makes it level 3, hehe.

Edit: just read Colin's first responce. Even in styles that say they don't use DKM, imo, DKM is still being used. I personally feel all styles are traced to Usui Shiki Ryoho. So, if that was the case, somewhere, a teacher was using his ability with DKM to confer the ability on others, albeit in a slightly different way.

I'm no expert by any means. Though i've yet to come across a Reiki style that doesn't bring more questions than answers to it's 'originality', and also, yet to come scroos a founder of a style who hasn't had training in Usui Reiki prior. I.E. had an influence with DKM.

If anyone has any different info, i'd appreciate it shared, so i could set aside that assumption i have, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hi,

Are The attunements for Reiki 1 to Reiki 3 all done differently?

Yes. And no. Smile .

Why is a Reiki 3 able to channel and feel more energy compared to a Reiki 1?

This isn't a given. It's not always the case.

take care
    wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Very good post #9 Colin!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:10 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:I am going to marinate in that for a few hours and see....

scratch Hmm, I must've been distracted (or asleep) when this particular technique was being taught - remind me, which level did you learn it at... tongue

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Why is a Reiki 3 able to channel and feel more energy compared to a Reiki 1?

Not all level three practitioners channel 'more' energy

Likewise, not all feel more energy (some don't feel any thing at all)
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 am

Milarepa wrote:It's the symbol at level 3 that makes it level 3, hehe.

IME, its the Initiation at level 3 that makes it level 3 Wink
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:17 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:It's the symbol at level 3 that makes it level 3, hehe.

IME, its the Initiation at level 3 that makes it level 3 Wink

An I always thought it was the certificate that made it Level 3!
    Laughing

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:08 am

Colin wrote:An I always thought it was the certificate that made it Level 3!

Certificate?

What? You mean to say there's a Reiki 3 certificate?

Well if I'd known that, I would've just gone out and bought one*, instead of messing round with all that training, initiation, and hands-on treatment practice Rolling Eyes

*Or, at very least, found a free one on the internet silent

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Not all level three practitioners channel 'more' energy

Likewise, not all feel more energy (some don't feel any thing at all)

This is a very good point and one that I think is often downplayed by teachers who want students to feel like they are just going to have lightning bolts shooting out of their hands during a Reiki treatment. When I got attuned to Levels I&II, the energetic shifts I experienced were intense and quite uncomfortable at times, but after being attuned to Level III, things actually became more relaxed and subtle. And as time goes on, my perception and awareness of "energy" continues to shift and evolve. It's not about "power", it's about really being able to tune into the process and open up to what's happening. Sometimes I don't "feel" a lot when working on people or myself but I have complete trust in the process. This is part of the path.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 pm

You funny folks!!!

Cool sunny

In my case after the 3rd level I felt a distinct increase in the energy experienced. My hand gets hotter immediately, I find it stronger.

I constantly find my feet getting hot, which I call 'roasting'.
    I keep getting chest palpitations,

...like right exact this minute, I have chest palpitations and my feet feels hot.

However, I do agree that's not the case for everybody.... cheers
    I went thru mess with kundalini reiki and not a lot did.

elephant

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 pm