Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Obtaining Reiki Practice

Happysoul

Obtaining Reiki Practice Empty Obtaining Reiki Practice

Post by Happysoul Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Dear All,

I have recently completed level 2 course of Reiki where was looking in the near future to start treating clients.

Has anyone got any advice on how they first obtained practice and built on to obtain their own clients?

Thanks for your help Smile
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Obtaining Reiki Practice Empty Re: Obtaining Reiki Practice

Post by Colin Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello, Happysoul, welcome to the Lounge!

cheers

One way to build up a practice is to pass professional-looking business cards and/or leaflets to your friends and family (especially those you have practised on at Level 1) and ask them to pass the cards etc. on to their friends, relative and colleagues - and ask them to do the same. That can cover a wide circle of people!

You can also enquire about putting a flyer in the local healthfood/new age shop.

Set up a website - you can set them up very easily and for free nowadays using google blogger or wordpress etc. (or some practitioner directories will also have a page available but there is usually a cost).

Make use of Social Networking such as facebook (set up a page for your practice and link to it in a post on your profile and on other Reiki facebook pages and groups - but check the posting policy with the admins first!), regular tweets on Twitter and Google+ etc.

One thing I must mention though is to make sure that any information/explanation you give about Reiki is credible and you are able to support what you are saying. In the UK particularly there are a group of scientists who are actively checking out publicity material and websites and reporting any that have unsupported claims, testimonials and misleading or unsound science presented as fact. Suspect

Get yourself out there in the public eye (or local community e.g. volunteer, chat to people in various groups). Mention in your publicity material that you are available to give introductory talks about Reiki and give Reiki tasters. Look out for local or nearby Mind Body Spirit or Health Shows and book a stand (can be expensive sometimes but can be great places to gain experience talking to people about Reiki and giving tasters!)

I have not found paying for advertising in directories or local newspapers or magazines very effective and it is often very expensive.

Join a distant healing network so you can practice your level 2 Reiki skills and help lots of people.

Just a few ideas! Smile

I'm sure that others here will also have some suggestions.
    Smile
    Happysoul

Post by Happysoul Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Colin,

You have given me very good tips there. Thanks a lot:)

Will start with the close family members and friends and take it from there.
    After some time, will let you know how I get on with it. Didn't realise too that could be cheap to set up your own website. Will also give that one a try.

I guess you have been doing this for a while now?

sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 am

Happysoul wrote:Hi Colin,

You have given me very good tips there. Thanks a lot:)

Will start with the close family members and friends and take it from there.
    After some time, will let you know how I get on with it. Didn't realise too that could be cheap to set up your own website. Will also give that one a try.

I guess you have been doing this for a while now?

sunny

Nearly 14 years...and still learning! Smile
    Happysoul

Post by Happysoul Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Lots of experience!

Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:57 pm