Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Milarepa
chi_solas
thehungrycaterpillar
7 posters

Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? Empty Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 am

Hi All,

Chi existed FOREVER, No Chi - No Living things!! Period.

I am wondering if Reiki healing existed even before Dr. Usui found it in 1922 ?.

IT MUST HAVE. IT seems only natural. Anybody know anything ? Any documented evidence anywhere?

May be He found a specific style of Reiki healing...? Apparently in 1869 he was studying Qi gong and was able to do projection healing. This specific style ( Usui ) was his own and he found it after his mystical experience on Mt. Kurama.

Jesus was healing, I am sure so many other true spiritual leaders or spiritually tuned were healing too, How does one even know if it was QT or Reiki ?

Just wondering...... Question
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? Empty Re: Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time?

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:13 am

HC. It sounds like you have the answer Basketball

Most of us look for scientific validation
    even when our intuition knows the truth. heart smiley
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? Empty Re: Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time?

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 am

It's good questions hamsa. Qt is definitely got roots in qigong. simply qt is moving energy, whilst visualising, and breathing certain ways. nothing inherently special in those technqiues.

what's special about Reiki is that it's so passive, confered ability via initiation. i'd say he's not the only person to create this kinda practice, but the most well known. he never re-discovered Reiki, by any means, but he discovered a way of experiencing & passing it on. this is my view, but hopefully others can give different slants.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 am

Hey Guys!! cheers

My curiosity question is 'So, what or where is the difference?' ( other than the symbols in japanese? ) What if there were others that had used symbols too, except in a different language?

I was just digging and I came across this -

Reiki is used to heal people with its energy vibrations all over the world. It is prevalent in different forms and Ancient Egyptian Reiki is one of them. Ancient Reiki Healing of Egypt is indeed a distinctive form of Reiki that is still very much available for the patients. It employs a range of special techniques, which are quite different from traditional Reiki but have been proved very effective for the people. In Egypt, the practitioners are practicing techniques of Reiki since the period of Pharos.

Traditional Reiki derives energy from a higher power, while Ancient Egyptian Reiki controls this energy, turning it into strong vibrations which become effective healing energy. The major difference between Ancient Egyptian Reiki and Traditional Reiki lies in the fact that the former controls the powers of the earth. Since Egyptians have always worshipped and respected the Earth for what it has given to the mankind, the concept of energy from it seems to be quite rational.

Egyptian Reiki exercises the powers of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit to heal, open chakras and spiritually balance the patients. It can also integrate angelic energies and the use of crystals. Moreover, patients also get to learn healing techniques like rhythmic and healing breathing, sound vibration healing, etc in this form of Reiki. In the presence of its various aspects, Ancient Egyptian Reiki is certainly the most effective and powerful forms of Reiki ever developed.

Another great feature of Egyptian Reiki is 'negative energy drain', and this technique has the power to purge negative energies from the recipient during a Reiki healing session. It is extremely beneficial for the people who are emotionally distressed or tensed. People rely on this technique to gradually overcome their emotional sufferings. If performed regularly, Ancient Egyptian Reiki is the most effective therapy for spiritual healing.

Interesting..... This is what THEY ( the website ) are saying... Smile
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Apparently in 1869 he was studying Qi gong and was able to do projection healing. This specific style ( Usui ) was his own and he found it after his mystical experience on Mt. Kurama.

studying Qi gong and doing 'projection healing' in 1869 ?

was this early 1869 or late 1869?

I only ask because, if it was pre August 15th, then Usui-sensei was....

only 3 years old Shocked
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:35 am

Hi James,

He was 4 years old when he was sent to a monastery ( 1869 ). He remained there for a period of years where he learned how to do the projection healing, so must have been several years later than 1869! ( OK, this makes more sense now )

Very Happy

( having issues posting.. What a Face )

OK, here is the link,
    http://www.lifepositive.com/Body/energy-healing/reiki/usui-reiki.asp
    ZenDave

Post by ZenDave Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 am

Well we all know that Reiki is not the first energy healing modality ever invented.

But just because energy existed previously it does not mean this specific method of working with it existed before Usui ( some would say that the methods we use now were possibly derived after his death anyways and simply based on his system).

Symbolism has been used in many forms of energy work.

I do think people often read a little too much into the word Reiki. If we just used the translations of the word I feel it would be treated less like a "brand name" or less specific.

It's been a long time since I've been in Reiki discussion so surely I have massive cobwebs in my head on all the facts. But If I remember correctly Usui never claimed to have discovered or rediscovered anything. Only to have had this experience encountering the energy and devising a system to work with it. A system , btw, that had seen many changes over the years he was developing it.

_/\_
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 am

Hey ZenDave,

]Well we all know that Reiki is not the first energy healing modality ever invented.

But just because energy existed previously it does not mean this specific method of working with it existed before Usui

Agreed,

What I am trying to figure out is If All Gods are One, There is only one divine power and it is all the same and that which is found in each one of us & we connect with that power to facilitate healing,
    then, It seems to me that All Reiki is all ONE and the SAME!

The only difference is using symbols here which is in Japanese. Just like how Sanskrit and sanskrit mantras have their own vibrations and power, I guess the Japanese Symbols have their own vibration and power????!!!! and Hence THIS style of reiki ( USUI ) is DIFFERENT in just the methodology part!

But If I remember correctly Usui never claimed to have discovered or rediscovered anything. Only to have had this experience encountering the energy and devising a system to work with it. A system , btw, that had seen many changes over the years he was developing it.

umhm.. I just learned about that. But I guess the curiosity is ' Is it all in the symbols' , 'what is there in the symbols?' ' How do the symbols affect' & 'did anybody else use such written symbols for healing, at all' - etc,. and BACK to the 'All Reiki must be the same' - assumption.

( may be I need to retitle the topic ) Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 am

yeah, fwiw, i think you're right hamsa. al god's different aspects of one thing. and Reiki, as in Usui Reiki, different way of interacting with one thing. though not all healing is Reiki, or interacts with what Reiki does. if that make sense.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:56 am

Milarepa wrote:yeah, fwiw, i think you're right hamsa. al god's different aspects of one thing. and Reiki, as in Usui Reiki, different way of interacting with one thing. though not all healing is Reiki, or interacts with what Reiki does. if that make sense.

I have come to a point where I say I won't be able to understand Reiki and properties of Reiki 'intellectually' because of my limited consciousness. Therefore I have a faith in my conclusion when I say 'I don't know how it works'.

There are spiritual concepts that we can never understand, we either know it or we don't know it. We can't put words to describing it but the reader will never fully understand, like a poetry or a joke where one can absorb it and agree. Reiki works in a similar way, for me.

I sometimes feel that it is not there is a difference in healing , it is the PERSON who is healing. The unclogged the straw, the better the flow!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:59 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:

I have come to a point where I say I won't be able to understand Reiki and properties of Reiki 'intellectually' because of my limited consciousness. Therefore I have a faith in my conclusion when I say 'I don't know how it works'.

you'r ein good company. Takata sensei never bothered much to go into great depth, and i know her students couln't really care less bout understanding it, they just wanted to do it.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:02 am

Milarepa wrote:

you'r ein good company. Takata sensei never bothered much to go into great depth, and i know her students couln't really care less bout understanding it, they just wanted to do it.

Peace washed over me when I read that, sunny

Yep, right now this feels just right, I love it, I cherish it, I am very grateful and I just want to do it!
    Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? 837313

I am still curious and hope to understand all those little secrets of the universe someday,
    Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? 158903
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:16 am

The Universe has secrets? sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 am

chi_solas wrote:The Universe has secrets? sunny

Y....es?
    and.....?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am

course it does!

what came first? the chicken or the egg? Question
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 am

Milarepa wrote:course it does!

what came first? the chicken or the egg? Question

I am going to shave off my head & may be my legs, join a monastery and find out!

lol!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:45 am

i'lll go in spirit, and shave my beard off! geek
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 am

It had to be the chicken
    or maybe the egg because
    who was on first confused
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:31 am

hhee, i had a bit of fun with my missus with this one. she said the chicken, then i said where the chicken come from. she told me to shut up, lol.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:48 am

chi_solas wrote:It had to be the chicken
    or maybe the egg because

Who's on first? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvkO5x6Ng&feature=related

Bruce
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am

Milarepa wrote:hhee, i had a bit of fun with my missus with this one. she said the chicken, then i said where the chicken come from. she told me to shut up, lol.

Ah, That sweet girl is very wise! Laughing
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 am

Bruce wrote:
    or maybe the egg because

Bruce

Hey Brooz!

That was freaking funny!
    cheers
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Bruce wrote:
    or maybe the egg because

Bruce

Hey Brooz!

That was freaking funny!
    cheers

Is that the first time you've heard
    "who was on first" a real classic in
    the baseball world Basketball
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:29 am

...I am wondering if Reiki healing existed even before Dr. Usui found it in 1922 ?.

Dunno about Reiki healing, but an account of a Reiki initiation / 'empowerment' [i.e. Reiki kanjo] appears in a document purportedly written by the Emperor Daigo (died A.D. 930)

- and a 14th century text entitled "Reiki seisakushõ" even includes an Initiation Certificate!

see www.aetw.org/reiki_reikiki.htm (and link to Prof. Rambelli's paper)

Oh, did I mention that there is more than one 'Reiki'...

tongue
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:23 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    ...I am wondering if Reiki healing existed even before Dr. Usui found it in 1922 ?.

Dunno about Reiki healing, but an account of a Reiki initiation / 'empowerment' [i.e. Reiki kanjo] appears in a document purportedly written by the Emperor Daigo (died A.D. 930)

- and a 14th century text entitled "Reiki seisakushõ" even includes an Initiation Certificate!

see www.aetw.org/reiki_reikiki.htm (and link to Prof. Rambelli's paper)

Oh, did I mention that there is more than one 'Reiki'...

tongue

YES!!!! Fantastic!!!
    I got a number, I got a number!

I am poking the Hindu scriptures, looking for a timeline, etc,. We have story books in India talking about Sages and "wise ones' sitting under a village banyan tree and 'curing' people of illnesses. May be they were just practicing some kind of Reiki and nobody knew it.

Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? 307123 Is there any way Reiki practice could have existed even before Dr.Usui's time? 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:21 am