Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Reikijim
LightBody
Colin
reikikat
8 posters

distance reiki - what are your methods?

reikikat
    reikikat

distance reiki - what are your methods? Empty distance reiki - what are your methods?

Post by reikikat Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:53 am

Hi - I'm interested in finding out what other practitioners do when treating people via distance. I always use the Han Sha Ze Sho Nen symbol and the Sei He Ki symbol. I have been taught to start by "calling on" the Reiki guides but I think I'm going to drop that and simply think about Reiki and put my consciousness into my palms until I feel ready. When practicing distance, do you first go through all of the chakras and then focus on the issue, such as migraine? Or is it possible and effective to just get straight to work on the issue.

Thanks!

Katrina
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

distance reiki - what are your methods? Empty Re: distance reiki - what are your methods?

Post by Colin Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Katrina

When offering absent healing, I first of all think about the person and try to feel a connection with them (using any details I have such as name, dob etc. and if I don't know what they look like, I look at a photo if possible). The method I use is very similar to one that was taught by Mrs Takata. I imagine the person lying on my right thigh and draw HSZSN over them to help realise the connection. (Sometimes I also use the other method that Mrs Takata taught and imagine the person lying floating in the air in front of me).

I then either go through the hand positions on the imagined person, using CKR if I find a byosen and also include SHK, if the person has requested psychological (mental/emotional) healing.

In my way of practising Reiki I do not think about chakras or even any specific issue (unless there is a specific problem the client has asked about). Even then I simply offer Reiki and do not "work on" or focus on any specific outcome - I simply offer Reiki. I do sometimes imagine a large version of a particular body part if the client has reported a problem in that area but again simply offer Reiki rather than try to fix anything. I believe that Reiki will initiate whatever needs to happen, if anything - I am just there to offer it.

When I have finished I place my hands in Gassho (prayer position) and say "Thank you!" and finish off with ken yoku (dry bathing) to "disconnect".

The process lasts about 15-20 minutes but sometimes more, sometimes less Smile

Occasionally, I simply think about the person, feel the connection and get my mind into a state of Oneness and feel Reiki emanating and that too seems to be effective, according to feedback I have received! Smile

I am sure others will have other methods and ideas to share. Smile
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

distance reiki - what are your methods? Empty Re: distance reiki - what are your methods?

Post by LightBody Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 am

My method today is significantly different than the way I was taught back in 1993, with only one exception.

Back then, I was taught to begin with a meditation that invites Reiki energies to the treatment area where I was, and then using my imagination to surround the person to be treated with those energies. Next, I was to repeat the words, "I invite (client's name) to receive a Reiki distance treatment" three times. Once the third repetition was complete, then, using my imagination, the person's higher-consciousness was to be asked "do you wish to receive a Reiki treatment?" The person's higher-consciousness always replied "yes," and then the formal (technical) part of the treatment began.

The formal part of the treatment began with imagining the person laying on a Reiki treatment table, followed by tracing a large Cho-Ku-Reiki symbol over the size of their entire body while chanting the name of the symbol three times. Next, Sei-Hei-Ki was traced and chanted over the persons head three times. Once that was complete, the "big symbol", a large version of Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-Nen, was traced and chanted three times. HSZSN could be traced as a small symbol, or as the size of the person's body in whatever location that was felt to be appropriate.

Next, I was taught to perform the distance treatment by imagining it to take place in the exact way that we would perform an in-person Reiki treatment. We would imagine our hands beginning on the persons heart, traveling downwards on the abdomen, then to the throat, then to the legs, the feet, and closing with the head.

Closing the session simply involved imagining taking a step away from the table, placing our hands in gassho, bowing with gratitude to the person who received the treatment and to all Reiki energies that participated in the treatment.
    With respect to executing the methods I described above, today I perform distance treatments (and distance attunements) in a completely different way with only one exception.

The exception is a concept that all of us in the Reiki Level 2 class were taught that seems to have worked its way out of a lot of the Reiki classes I have attended since that time.

The concept is to treat the source, not the illness.

We were taught that in the same way the body reflects phantom pains as identified through myofascial and trigger point bodywork, the client's mind may present a symptom in the body and hide the source (for reasons no one other than the client would know). For that reason, we were taught to treat the source of the pain and not the symptom.

How was I taught to treat the source and not the symptom?

By not consciously directing Reiki where I wanted it to go into the client's body and mind.

I was taught to serve as a vessel for Reiki energies, and to allow the client to automatically draw the Reiki that their higher-self knew was appropriate to help them heal. It made sense, because in some ways if I consciously directed Reiki energy into a person then it's like I'm saying "I know what's better for you in your life than you do." I am humble enough to admit that I don't know what is best for the client, and humble enough to trust their higher-self to know what's best for them.
    Serving as a vessel simply involved relaxing into the process and being in the present moment with Reiki as it flowed through to the client. I remained neutral. Aware of what was going on, but the emphasis on my state of mind was not removing and replacing negative energies that so many do today but rather remaining neutral and in the present moment as much as possible.

That concept is the only thing I use that originates from one of my earliest Reiki classes, but after that, everything is different.

Today I will sometimes use the symbols in a way that I feel is appropriate if I feel that it will help the client meditate and tune-in to the process, but more often than not I simply begin to meditate to tune-in to healing energies and then gently invite and hold the client in my awareness.

I do not force – do not consciously direct – treatment energies to the client, or attunement energies for that matter. I hold the client in my awareness and allow them to resonate with the healing energies that are most appropriate for them. From one perspective, the client determines what energies they experience at the time that is right for them to experience them. From another perspective, they self treat! ;-)

reikikat
    reikikat

Post by reikikat Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 am

Both very good and helpful responses, and generous. Thank you!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 am

LightBody wrote:

I do not force – do not consciously direct – treatment energies to the client, or attunement energies for that matter. I hold the client in my awareness and allow them to resonate with the healing energies that are most appropriate for them. From one perspective, the client determines what energies they experience at the time that is right for them to experience them. From another perspective, they self treat! ;-)

I like it! Very Happy
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi,

The way I do things seems to change over time. The more I participate in distance reiki, the less ritualistic it becomes for me. If i offer distance now,I generally have met and chatted with the person, horse, dog, etc. I get a much better sense of a person and make a better distant connection if I have met them prior. Phone is next best, them the picture method.

I`m not practicing for a living, so I can be picky and work with who I choose.I say this because I`m just more naturally able to connect with some, more than others. Could be communication between spirit(an agreement) on a subtle level, or my ego finding something interesting enough to help me realize the compassion in me,that flips a little switch making me want to send you love. What I`m sending may not be love, but it seems, thoughts like those, help to open doors...and the process in general.
    I use HSZSN and what ever else seems to be right at the time, possibly even a Komyo symbol I`m found of, it depends, as our "in the moment" awareness dictates.

Most of the time I try to create a healing space around the client. Sometimes the session becomes more specific after that, but not always.

This is just the way i do things, of course, you will find your own way... Smile

Jim

Hi Forum folks!

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Reikijim wrote:

Hi Forum folks!

wa-hey!!! hi buddy! how ya been!!?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Hi,

The way I do things seems to change over time. The more I participate in distance reiki, the less ritualistic it becomes for me. If i offer distance now,I generally have met and chatted with the person, horse, dog, etc. I get a much better sense of a person and make a better distant connection if I have met them prior. Phone is next best, them the picture method.

I`m not practicing for a living, so I can be picky and work with who I choose.I say this because I`m just more naturally able to connect with some, more than others. Could be communication between spirit(an agreement) on a subtle level, or my ego finding something interesting enough to help me realize the compassion in me,that flips a little switch making me want to send you love. What I`m sending may not be love, but it seems, thoughts like those, help to open doors...and the process in general.
    I use HSZSN and what ever else seems to be right at the time, possibly even a Komyo symbol I`m found of, it depends, as our "in the moment" awareness dictates.

Most of the time I try to create a healing space around the client. Sometimes the session becomes more specific after that, but not always.

This is just the way i do things, of course, you will find your own way... Smile

Jim

Hi Forum folks!

Hi Jim, great posting.
    Your style and explaination
    are so easy to follow. sunny

Have you noticed any Black bears
    missing? We have had a few 2 year
    olds lurking in the Boston cape
    cod area. flower
    distance reiki - what are your methods? 78411
    reikikat
    reikikat

Post by reikikat Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 am

Excellent replies, all. Thanks, great forum, so glad I found you.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi,

I`m doing fine Wayne...still living in Northern Alberta. The wilderness is most beautiful in the summer... rendeer
    As I read on the forum, I`m never surprised to see you constantly striving to be more, more aware, and more than you presently are....pretty amazing. I hope things are well with you...Smile

Hi Bridget. I`m happy you enjoyed my post. I don`t practice as much as I once did. Yet, I still learn about myself and the world around me through Reiki.

As far as the bears are concerned....Don`t leave any honey on the back porch.

Hi reikikat... Smile

Jim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 am

Reikijim wrote:

As I read on the forum, I`m never surprised to see you constantly striving to be more, more aware, and more than you presently are....pretty amazing. I hope things are well with you...Smile

Things are great Bro, many thanks for asking. I feel pretty damn great really! We've moved to a house at the coast. The beach is just 5 mins walk. got lovely green, rolling, hills out my bedroom window. and the birds just wont stop chirping out the back. I just cant decide whether to self-inquire (advaita vedanta) looking out onto the front, or go out the back. that's about as much conflict i have internally and externally atm!

Hey, let's hook up sometime on phone call. I got free international calls. that's if your not in a log cabin in the mountains, like some grissly adams! you ever watch that on TV?

warmest wishes

Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow man,

Your living in a place where you can feel things not realized in the city...unconfused energy that flows naturally...stay there as long as you can, for an energy sensitive guy, that`s a slice of heaven.

Will give you my number in a pm...starting a new job tomorrow...give me a day or too to catch up...peace Very Happy

Jim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Sounds great bro! Be cool to catch up!
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:18 am

reikikat wrote:Hi - I'm interested in finding out what other practitioners do when treating people via distance. I always use the Han Sha Ze Sho Nen symbol and the Sei He Ki symbol. I have been taught to start by "calling on" the Reiki guides but I think I'm going to drop that and simply think about Reiki and put my consciousness into my palms until I feel ready. When practicing distance, do you first go through all of the chakras and then focus on the issue, such as migraine? Or is it possible and effective to just get straight to work on the issue.

Thanks!

Katrina

I have done many methods or techniques. I started out using the USI method that I larned from the workbook. That is when I do an attunement. I'd start out by calling, grounding myself than opening up the persons aura than calling on THe Father, Son Holy Spirit as my quides then I'd put in the symbols of cho, ku rei, se hay hey, Han sha ze sho nan into the persons head, palms, forhead, heart. Then I blow the energy towards the person, ground them and close their aura.

Then I started to do a variation of the above.

As far as a distance healing is concerned. I started out using my energy as a catalyst for the person intended for

healing. In other words I send out my own energy towards the person im intending to help. Now I do a variation of it as I see fit.
    I've been told that this may not be a good idea, because you can deplete your own energy. Cauusing illness to myself or leaving myself open to negative energy.

At first my energy would get drained. The energy would be replaced rather quickly( with in a day or so). The more energy. You use the more you get back. Much like long distancerunning. The better you condition yourself, the better your performance.

mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 am

Being very new to Reiki and like every thinking else that I've learned. I view what we learn from a work book as the basics. To be able to grow into your own level of reiki. If you don't have the basics or something to start from. You end up just wandering around not knowing what you're actually doing.

However once you do get the basics. Developing your own style is what we do anyways. There's an old saying if it works, than it's good. If it doesn't work than it's not good.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:51 am

mike tyson wrote:

As far as a distance healing is concerned. I started out using my energy as a catalyst for the person intended for

healing. In other words I send out my own energy towards the person im intending to help. Now I do a variation of it as I see fit.
    I've been told that this may not be a good idea, because you can deplete your own energy. Cauusing illness to myself or leaving myself open to negative energy.

At first my energy would get drained. The energy would be replaced rather quickly( with in a day or so). The more energy. You use the more you get back. Much like long distancerunning. The better you condition yourself, the better your performance.

General comments to all...

The Experience called 'Reiki' is as much 'personal' as it is 'universal', and not.

All 'energy-work' post Reiki initiation isn't necessarily 'Reiki'. The processes/protocols used determine this. Some ways may/may not impact on ones health. I know of a Reiki practitioner locally, who is also into shamanism, who became very ill using personal energy also.

Sometimes information, or too much, isn't a good thing. Brings me back to my own thoughts on why there was a staggered approach to training in the past.

There's absolutely no point, or valid reason i can think of for someone who is Reiki trained to use personal energy. Reiki is never limited, or inadequate. The Reiki experience is dictated by the one experiencing it. And this is down to their own individual needs. Which vary.

This isn't directed at Mike. Just my own disclaimer for the forum viewers. Everyone has a right to experiment for sure, but there is no point in risking a process that an expert modified at the turn of the last century, in such a way that may impact ones health.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    cruderman
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by cruderman Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

LightBody wrote:

Today I will sometimes use the symbols in a way that I feel is appropriate if I feel that it will help the client meditate and tune-in to the process, but more often than not I simply begin to meditate to tune-in to healing energies and then gently invite and hold the client in my awareness.

I have found this method works well with animals as well. it is something that kathleen prasad recommends, setting up the distant treatment and just allowing the animal to take what they want (basicaly allowing a self treatment). I usually visualize the animal, ask permission, wait for the connection to "pop" then draw up the distant symbols and mentally attach them to the animal's forehead. i sit in meditation, open palmed, and just keep an awareness on the flow from my hands. i usually use a surrogate or a mental picture with humans, but with animals i prefer the process to be a little looser.
    mike tyson

Post by mike tyson Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    mike tyson wrote:

General comments to all...

The Experience called 'Reiki' is as much 'personal' as it is 'universal', and not.

All 'energy-work' post Reiki initiation isn't necessarily 'Reiki'. The processes/protocols used determine this. Some ways may/may not impact on ones health. I know of a Reiki practitioner locally, who is also into shamanism, who became very ill using personal energy also.

Sometimes information, or too much, isn't a good thing. Brings me back to my own thoughts on why there was a staggered approach to training in the past.

There's absolutely no point, or valid reason i can think of for someone who is Reiki trained to use personal energy. Reiki is never limited, or inadequate. The Reiki experience is dictated by the one experiencing it. And this is down to their own individual needs. Which vary.

This isn't directed at Mike. Just my own disclaimer for the forum viewers. Everyone has a right to experiment for sure, but there is no point in risking a process that an expert modified at the turn of the last century, in such a way that may impact ones health.

warmest wishes

Wayne

I enjoy others input, after all we're all just newbies in this field some more than others. I enjoy experimenting with almost everything that i do to test limitations etc. Maybe what USI started or perfected was that just a start and reiki is something that evolves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:39 am