Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Pain during reiki

maggiesan
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Pain during reiki Empty Pain during reiki

Post by maggiesan Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:22 am

Hello everyone Smile

A very close friend and I had a reiki session today. It was my first time receiving reiki and I started off very relaxed...I nearly fell asleep. When she got to my feet, my head started hurting immediately. I almost asked her to stop, but I let her finish. Afterwards she asked me if I get headaches a lot. I said no, but my head started hurting during the session...she could feel my headache in the exact same place as I was feeling it while holding my feet.

Is this normal? She said I could be detoxing and I need to drink lots of water. I've already had 3 bottles of water, but headache is still going. She is a beginner and just wondered if someone with more reiki experience might agree that it is detoxing.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Pain during reiki Empty Re: Pain during reiki

Post by chi_solas Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:37 pm

maggiesan wrote:Hello everyone Smile

A very close friend and I had a reiki session today. It was my first time receiving reiki and I started off very relaxed...I nearly fell asleep. When she got to my feet, my head started hurting immediately. I almost asked her to stop, but I let her finish. Afterwards she asked me if I get headaches a lot. I said no, but my head started hurting during the session...she could feel my headache in the exact same place as I was feeling it while holding my feet.

Is this normal? She said I could be detoxing and I need to drink lots of water. I've already had 3 bottles of water, but headache is still going. She is a beginner and just wondered if someone with more reiki experience might agree that it is detoxing.

Water is considered a good detox flower

If you feel the need to have a diagnosis
    you should contact your DR. study

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Maybe detoxing. Maybe a symptom of some-thing appearing with it's source elsewhere.

It's common for the appearance of a symptom during treatment to appear at another area of the body than is currently being treated. This sensation is called Hibiki. The technique of Byosen is used to give the practitioner an insight into areas that may be needing extra attention. Sounds like the practitioner very much experienced Hibiki. Did they do any Byosen (can also be termed as scanning for our purposes)?

Yeah, it is normal. Certainly not ab-normal. Reiki will approach areas that not only are dis-eased now, but may also become so in the future. It's not time-travel stuff, hehe, it means the clients (yours in this case) body in their Reiki experience, is giving indications of areas that should be focused on for preventative measure.

This happening, and the practitioner (as far as i can tell) experiencing Hibiki once they got to your feet may indicate that area. Feeling the pain in the head does not necessarily indicate the head. It may be a symptom. Which is what Hibiki is. It's common to feel a reaction in an other part of the body. So treating the feet and feeling pain in the head may still mean the feet.

Warmest wishes and warm welcome to the forum!

Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 pm

From a physical point of view, how were you lying during the session? Was your head on a pillow when you're not used to using one, or vice versa? It may be that the pain was a result of lying in an unfamiliar position.

Otherwise, is something "giving you a headache" in everyday life? Are you struggling with a problem, or someone, or something? Sometimes we need to look past the physical symptom to hear what the body tells us.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:06 am

Pandora wrote:From a physical point of view, how were you lying during the session? Was your head on a pillow when you're not used to using one, or vice versa? It may be that the pain was a result of lying in an unfamiliar position.

Otherwise, is something "giving you a headache" in everyday life? Are you struggling with a problem, or someone, or something? Sometimes we need to look past the physical symptom to hear what the body tells us.

Good point about placement of pillow Pain during reiki 307123 Pain during reiki 158903

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:57 am