Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

feeling other's pain in my body

WarriorHQ
    WarriorHQ
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

feeling other's pain in my body Empty feeling other's pain in my body

Post by WarriorHQ Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:21 am

I have been practising Reiki for 5 years now, I am level 2 and have my level 3 booked for the end of March Very Happy Just recently I have been picking up peoples aches and pains in my own body. I have a close friend who suffers with spondylosis (an osteo-arthritic condition of the spine, hers affects her in the base of her spine.) and we were sitting together and I started to feel an intense burning crunching sensation in my lower back. This became unbearable for me. She has been prescribed morphine patches, tramadol and codeine. She is also in a situation where she is not being supported by her boyfriend and there are financial and housing issues as well as being estranged from her parents and siblings. The pain I felt became unbearable, and I took her into the bedroom (we were at a friends house) and spoke to her. She cried as we discussed her current situation, she described feeling of being 'broken' and without purpose. I counselled her as best I could and advised her to write all her thoughts and feelings down, as she is feeling suicidal and believes that her conditon will eventually rob her of her physical capabilites and ultimately cause her to either die from it or cause her to take her own life. I made a promise to be there for her whatever happens as I belive she needs to feel that someone is a constant, and can be relied and leaned on. I think the way she has been feeling for most of her life, with the family issues, man trouble and never really having that stability, has caused itself to manifest in her root chakra, physically represented by the spondylosis. Anyway, after we spoke, I got her to stand up and I hugged her. I asked her to put her hands on my body where she was hurting, and I just held her for about half an hour, I couldnt do it any longer, as we were on the 10th floor and was starting to feel a bit dizzy. As I held her, I could feel the pain in my body melt away and I KNEW that she would be relieved, even temporarily to Be able to walk home. When we broke apart, she looked at me in gratitude. I've had spontaneous healings like that happen before, but most of the time they have left me feeling wiped out for days. My question is; how do you stop that happening? The wiped out feeling. this healing was the first time I've had a really strong connection with Source, and would like to make this connection properly every time I do a healing, even if they are spontaneous.
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

feeling other's pain in my body Empty Re: feeling other's pain in my body

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Hiya,
    nice to meet you Smile so glad you have amazing experiences as i believe they have power to shape our lives (and i love the ones that have happy endings)

when you talk about spontaneous healings - it is my own understanding that if you give of yourself, you will be drained, tired afterwards. if you give with Reiki then you aren't, because you're not giving away your own energy and can also feel energized from the flow through you. In order to ensure that this happens each and every time - create a 'trigger', a thing that you do that means you are drawing energy from the source. practise at home by yourself so that you strengthen the trigger and it becomes 2nd nature to you. then when you spontaneously, or otherwise feel guided to give healing you click the trigger and off you go.

it could be a snap of the fingers, an image in your mind, a sound that you make. a deep breathe and a visualisation is what i use, and i always place my hands together to signify the end as well.

it seems to me, that you sense anothers pain (clair sentience) clearly so that you are guided to assist. that has happened to me, though it's not a common thing, often enough that when i am in pain i very often stop to ask "wait up, is this actually mine?"
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:13 am

Hello
    I too feel the other person's pain, it took me some time to realise what was going on and even longer to fathom out what to do about it! Sometimes I feel the pain before I even meet the person.

So this is what you do. Firstly give thanks for the pain, that you have been allowed to share this with the person. Then say "This has nothing to do with me" and send Reiki to the pain you are feeling. Then move on.

It truly is a privilege to feel someone else's pain. Make sure that you are only giving them Reiki by using the formula for switching the Reiki on that your master gave you, and visualise a white light filling your aura through the crown chakra.

Make use of this gift in your practice, if you are practising as a Reiki healer. You should be using a consultation sheet, which will give you an idea as to what your patient is experiencing. If something else crops up while you are working with them, mention it at the end of the session. Often people will forget something they should have shared with you.

Hope this helps.
    WarriorHQ
    WarriorHQ
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by WarriorHQ Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 am

Thanks for the advice Smile Sometimes there is not time enough to trigger the connection. If that makes sense? I totally identify with your comments about questioning wether the pain you feel is your own. Finding it difficult not to take on other peoples crap at the moment. Wish I could develop a sure-fire method to stop people sapping MY energy, I have no problem with helping/healing other people but understanf I need to channel rather than use my stuff. I'm going to spend some time trying a few things I could use as triggers. Much love to all x
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:07 am

protection and boundaries... protection and boundaries

making the decision as you have done is half the battle. x
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:52 pm

hi..

giving distant reiki, i did have an indication of the byosen of the remote recipient/client. this has happened much of the time... in-person treatment, extreme pain in hands, tingling, pinching of needles in hands and sometimes wrists, but nothing more...

i hope you try out techniques shared by our members and see what works for you... but nevertheless, you are doing great... keep doing treatments on others... sometimes experiences are worth the pain Smile

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm