Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Replacement Reiki Master Certificate

JeannieD
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Replacement Reiki Master Certificate Empty Replacement Reiki Master Certificate

Post by JeannieD Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:44 am

This is my first post, I'm really happy to have found this site Smile

I received my attunements back in 2002, and for various reasons I have been inactive in the community. I lost my attunement certificates in a move. I still receive emails from the Reiki Master teacher I received my attunments from, and I replied to one requesting a replacement certificate. I received a reply asking for my address, and since then the only correspondence I've received are general mailings advertising retreats and new classes.

Even when I received my attunements during a retreat, I had an uneasy feeling about the Reiki Masters. They were very sales-y, selling everything from MSM to crystals to Laser Reiki courses and Abundance seminars.

I'm recently in a place in my life where interested in becoming active again, and am wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the missing certificates? I have a feeling I won't hear from them unless they are soliciting products and services...

Thank you,
    Jeannie
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Replacement Reiki Master Certificate Empty Re: Replacement Reiki Master Certificate

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:27 am

JeannieD wrote:This is my first post, I'm really happy to have found this site Smile

I received my attunements back in 2002, and for various reasons I have been inactive in the community. I lost my attunement certificates in a move. I still receive emails from the Reiki Master teacher I received my attunments from, and I replied to one requesting a replacement certificate. I received a reply asking for my address, and since then the only correspondence I've received are general mailings advertising retreats and new classes.

Even when I received my attunements during a retreat, I had an uneasy feeling about the Reiki Masters. They were very sales-y, selling everything from MSM to crystals to Laser Reiki courses and Abundance seminars.

I'm recently in a place in my life where interested in becoming active again, and am wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the missing certificates? I have a feeling I won't hear from them unless they are soliciting products and services...

Thank you,
    Jeannie

Replacement Reiki Master Certificate 85412 to the RLL Jeannie cheers

That's unfortunate. Maybe you can
    let your Reiki Teacher know that
    you have not received the certificate
    that you requested. That your request
    may have gone to the wrong email box
    as you keep receiving products and services scratch .
    osamenor
    osamenor

Replacement Reiki Master Certificate Empty Re: Replacement Reiki Master Certificate

Post by osamenor Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 am

chi_solas wrote:Maybe you can
    let your Reiki Teacher know that
    you have not received the certificate
    that you requested. That your request
    may have gone to the wrong email box
    as you keep receiving products and services scratch .
    And if you still don't receive your certificate in a reasonable amount of time, maybe you could look for a reiki master to re-attune you. My understanding is that, while your reiki attunements never wear off, even if you're inactive, some people choose to receive attunements all over again if they've been inactive for a long period of time. If you get new attunements from another teacher, they'll issue you a new certificate.

If you do end up seeking another teacher, look for someone who isn't all about the money. It's one thing if they charge for reiki classes, especially if they're doing it for a living. It's another if they sell, sell, sell all the time.

I got attuned by a teacher who isn't about the money--while she does charge for classes and reiki sessions, she's never once tried to sell me anything I hadn't already requested, and the contact I've had with her since being attuned has consisted of touching base, without any mention whatsoever of anything that would make me spend more money. If she offers a class I'm likely to be interested in, I'll probably hear about that, but without pressure to join. So teachers like that do exist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 pm