Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Distant Reiki Treatment - a Duty of Care

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Distant Reiki Treatment - a Duty of Care Empty Distant Reiki Treatment - a Duty of Care

Post by Milarepa Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:32 am

DISTANCE REIKI TREATMENT - a Duty of Care

We have a moral, ethical, and spiritual duty (of care) to be open and honest in our distance Reiki practice.

It is of vital importance (as much for our own growth and development, as it is for theirs) that we ask a person whether or not they wish to receive Reiki treatment, before we seek to intervene in their life process.

And when I say “ask”, I mean really ask them: talk to them face-to face, phone them, write to them, text them, skype them, IM them, or whatever.

I do not mean: “mentally ask some potentially fictitious construct of your own ego that you have mistaken for their 'higher self'.”

Actually ask the living, breathing, conscious aspect of their being.

And having asked, accept, honour and respect their choices.

If they do not give their consent, do not act.

For, on one level at least, to act contrary to their conscious wishes, may rightly be perceived by some as a form of 'psychic attack' (and possibly, depending on the particular individual, actually be 'responded' to as such).

- James Deacon

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=614372205260378&id=524525297578403
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Distant Reiki Treatment - a Duty of Care Empty Re: Distant Reiki Treatment - a Duty of Care

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Hey Wayne Smile thanks for sharing this.

a distant treatment without informing the recipient is subversion of freedom, invasion of privacy, and a 'psychic attack'... i totally agree !

we can't wish for people what they don't opt to wish for themselves Smile

take care

salman

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:22 am