Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
gerard.b.dimayuga
Spirit.Eagle
Carina_NZ
Lambs-Wool
chi_solas
Reiki Stairs
10 posters

Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes?

Reiki Stairs
    Reiki Stairs
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes? Empty Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes?

Post by Reiki Stairs Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Now I don't have ample working space for reiki in my place. Here in SF it is pricey to get an office and I of course need to get established with clients first. But is it okay to do Reiki part time if your only option is to bring a table over to your clients home?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes? Empty Re: Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes?

Post by chi_solas Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 am

Reiki Stairs wrote:Now I don't have ample working space for reiki in my place. Here in SF it is pricey to get an office and I of course need to get established with clients first. But is it okay to do Reiki part time if your only option is to bring a table over to your clients home?

Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes? 85412  Reiki Stairs.

Many folks started out that way.
    My first Reiki session was outdoors
    in the spring time with the birds
    chirping alongside a flowing river. flower sunny
    Reiki Stairs
    Reiki Stairs
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes? Empty Re: Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes?

Post by Reiki Stairs Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Reiki Stairs wrote:Now I don't have ample working space for reiki in my place. Here in SF it is pricey to get an office and I of course need to get established with clients first. But is it okay to do Reiki part time if your only option is to bring a table over to your clients home?

Really...... Your first reiki session was outdoors. Was it at park or someone's backyard? Also, what is the best way to find new clients? (other than just family)

Thanks so much. And I do tend to ask questions, so I hope that I am not asking too much. Thank you.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Warm Welcome to the forum, Reiki Stairs (ah, what a lovely name ! ) Smile

in a way it is sometime more effective when you visit clients at their place for reiki sessions... since they are already bit more relaxed and homely with their place...

a reiki session, is all about bringing relaxation and harmony, isn't Smile ?

Good luck with your reiki journey

take care
    Salman
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:53 am

Yes, like the others have said - you can Smile

However, when i started out i very much wanted to have a clean space, free of clutter, no phones ringing, and to be able to set a 'sacred space' before beginning and i would not be comfortable in another persons home.

our local community houses have rooms for rent, but in fact started doing reiki clients in my own lounge Smile
    Reiki Stairs
    Reiki Stairs
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reiki Stairs Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:51 am

Thank you for the responses. I feel better now. I just had a couple of other questions regarding doing it at other people's homes. Has it ever been noisy in their homes? When I went to a session in San Francisco, the master had music and offered me water. Lastly, how do you advertise it as going to their house, while staying professional?
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 pm

I would say "Reiki in the comfort of your own home"

I would also factor in a mileage cost. travelling 5 mins to a session is a lot different to travelling 45 mins to a session. you might like to include it in the cost, or add a mileage fee. you might also want to put a restriction around the distance you would travel. i.e. 25 kms?

when i book the appointment, i would ask if they have ample room, a comfortable space, free of distractions. let them know that you'll require water afterwards or you could take a water bottle.
    suggest they can provide music if they like?

the only time i have worked in a clients home is when i was working on a sleeping child.
    Spirit.Eagle
    Spirit.Eagle
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Spirit.Eagle Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

chi_solas wrote:

Chi_solas!
    I think that sounds like the most perfect setting for reiki you could ever attain! Being at one with nature as you connect again to the universal energy. Perfect sunny

gerard.b.dimayuga
    gerard.b.dimayuga

Post by gerard.b.dimayuga Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Traditional Reiki uses a chair. Western Reiki uses massage table.
    Reiki Stairs
    Reiki Stairs
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reiki Stairs Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:12 am

I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but what is the most common way to get your first few clients when starting out (not counting family)?
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:44 am

Hey there,

Don't worry to much about the space, seriously it is about the work you do, just make it friendly and happy setting - if your home is no good, then take it to their space (also a good place because they feel comfortable in their own space, or a neutral space a park or whatever...) but seriously, my first "public session" (meaning not with family and friends) was in London at a mind,body & spirit exhibition - it was so crowded and full of noise, I was helping my master with his stand at the event... 1000s of peeps... and I did sessions on strangers all day long with really really good effects - here was the trick, as my master challenged me in the morning when I asked him of all the distractions: "This is the best way to enhance your own ability and confidence, you have to be able to split your consciousness so to speak, be able to ignore the distractions and focus solely on the work at hand, this setting is the best practice to develop your reiki - just remember you will not always have a sacred space to do your work, you are the sacred space..."

hope it helps

f
    Reiki Stairs
    Reiki Stairs
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reiki Stairs Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 am

Thanks, so it seems exhibitions are the way to go
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 am

fshortt wrote:Hey there,
    just remember you will not always have a sacred space to do your work, you are the sacred space..."

cheers 
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Reiki Stairs wrote:Thanks, so it seems exhibitions are the way to go
    sure if that's your thing Smile
    jeniray
    jeniray

Post by jeniray Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:34 pm

fshortt wrote:

you will not always have a sacred space to do your work, you are the sacred space..."

In the beginning, my reiki practice consisted of a camping chair, a blanket and a little sign saying 'healing'. Places I pitched it included: music festivals, raves, beaches, city parks, wildlife reserves. Even at a festival with 30,000 people partying, the person in the chair would comment on how peaceful and quiet it was!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:03 pm

jeniray wrote:
    fshortt wrote:

you will not always have a sacred space to do your work, you are the sacred space..."

In the beginning, my reiki practice consisted of a camping chair, a blanket and a little sign saying 'healing'. Places I pitched it included: music festivals, raves, beaches, city parks, wildlife reserves. Even at a festival with 30,000 people partying, the person in the chair would comment on how peaceful and quiet it was!
    unique cheers

I have facillitated Reiki using a chair 
    in Nursing homes. Hospital bed with a 
    patient recovering from major surgery.
    A make shift massage table. The important
    piece is that we and the client should be 
    comfortable during the session. sunny

Like your client commented Peaceful/quiet flower
    jeniray
    jeniray

Post by jeniray Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:01 am

I really believe we can 'hold the healing space' where ever we are. When I do attunements in public parks, I just set the intent we won't be disturbed. It's amazing how dog walkers only start to appear when we're finished!
    I took reiki to festivals/raves because my reiki master said some of us had to be brave enough to take reiki into the 'darker' places. It's all well and good having a lovely healing room somewhere, but many of the people who really need healing won't come there.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:56 am

jeniray wrote:I really believe we can 'hold the healing space' where ever we are. When I do attunements in public parks, I just set the intent we won't be disturbed. It's amazing how dog walkers only start to appear when we're finished!
    I took reiki to festivals/raves because my reiki master said some of us had to be brave enough to take reiki into the 'darker' places. It's all well and good having a lovely healing room somewhere, but many of the people who really need healing won't come there.

Can you start doing Reiki at your clients homes? EmptyJeffrey Hotchkiss a RLL member

addressed this issue in his RLL
    interview study

Interview with Jeffrey Hotchkiss

Tiffany Hunter
    Tiffany Hunter

Post by Tiffany Hunter Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:34 am

Hi. I think you've gotten some great thoughts from people here. To answer your question about how to start a practice, I'm in the SF Bay Area too and joining a BNI group was an amazing start for me. I also developed relationships with other professionals and that helped tremendously.

Good luck!
    Anata
    Anata

Post by Anata Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:02 am

I think a lot depends on traditions of the place where you live. In some countries people meet each other outside their houses and several years might pass before they are ready to invite their friends home.
    That is why it might be strange to somebody even to think of bringing Reiki into somebody's home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:07 am