Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Reiki and Magickal Practices

Jazz

Reiki and Magickal Practices  Empty Reiki and Magickal Practices

Post by Jazz Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:41 am

Does anyone use Reiki with Magick (any methods) ?

I have heard of the use of Reiki symbols to help create postive changes in life. If it is for the highest good then it seems feasible.

Recently been reading 'Magick of Reiki' by Penczak which has some non traditional Reiki tools. Quite interested in the Psychic side of things as well....

Thanks
    Avalokitesvara
    Avalokitesvara
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Reiki and Magickal Practices  Empty Re: Reiki and Magickal Practices

Post by Avalokitesvara Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:06 am

Greetings!  Smile 

If we accept the definition that "Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will", then I gather that the use of any sort of symbols in order to channel the energy and heal or protect someone or something, is a sort of magick - and a very beautiful one!

Further than that, here in Athens we run the "Order of the Self", which is an inner group focused on working with Reiki and the Violet Energy.

We explore the application of Reiki in combination with the expressions of the Violet Ray of the Ascended Master Saint Germain (ie. the 7th Ray of Freedom, Purification, Mercy, Alchemy, Organisation and Ceremonial Order).

We use this combination in order to heal, balance and integrate the multiple aspects of our broader Self. As a matter of fact, that is a profound psychoanalytical work, based on the use of Reiki in combination with various symbols and correspondences on multiple fields of consciousness.

I am not aware of the book you mentioned above, but we mostly use the energy of Reiki along with other systems of correspondences, like the ones of the Qabalistic Tree of Life. However, we do use the symbols as well, at times - and mostly the 4th one. For instance, a few years ago we created a new version the old Golden Dawn ritual of the Rosy Cross, which now includes the symbols of Reiki.

Kind Regards
    A.A.
    Jazz

Post by Jazz Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 am

I find it all very interesting. But know very little about Magick. Although Practicing Reiki for three years it is still a great mystery.

Currently reading Magical States of Consiousness (Qabalistic Pathworking) and Enochian Visual Magick.

Both are fascinating and quite complicated especially anything Enochian....

Thanks
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Interesting stuff! Smile

I have an interest in Qabalah, Golden Dawn and Ceremonial Magic(k) but it is an academic one and personally I prefer to practice Reiki in it's original simplicity (or as close as I can get). The Order of the Self seems like a great idea, though, for those with more practical aspirations in that direction Smile

I have read Penczak's book but for me it didn't really offer me any reason to change the way I practice Reiki. Smile
    Avalokitesvara
    Avalokitesvara
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Avalokitesvara Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 am

Greetings!

Here's a link to the Reiki Rosy Cross Ritual for anyone interested.

http://www.filedropper.com/thereikirosycrossritual_2

Kind regards
    A.A.
    sunny
    Jazz

Post by Jazz Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 am

Avalokitesvara wrote:Greetings!

Here's a link to the Reiki Rosy Cross Ritual for anyone interested.

http://www.filedropper.com/thereikirosycrossritual_2

Kind regards
    A.A.
    sunny

Would you call this a banishing ?

Thanks
    Avalokitesvara
    Avalokitesvara
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Avalokitesvara Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Greetings, Jazz!  Smile 

Well, I suppose one could call that a banishing ritual, although it doesn't work exactly like the LBRP (the Lesser Pentagram), which is the 'classic' banishing ritual, and it does more than banishing.

As it says in the commentary at the end of the Rosy Crosss of the Reiki ritual (which is actually an adaptation of a commentary on the classic RCR:

"It encloses the aura with a protection against outside influences. It is like a veil. The Pentagrams protect, but they also light up the astral and make entities aware of you. They are more positive for magical working. When much distracted, use the Pentagrams to banish and the Rose-cross to maintain peace."

Moreover, the RCRR doesn't only create a protective 'veil' but it also creates a sphere and it invokes the divine/Reiki healing energy to work on a given subject (a human, or other alive organism, or a situation).

Kind regards
    A.A.
    Jazz

Post by Jazz Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:46 am

I must give this a go :-)

I have some questions

1. Would protection against outside influences mean postive energies can't get through ?

2. Would protection against outside influences mean negative energies remain trapped and can't dissipate outside the aura / area ?

3.Does it matter that the symbol has to be drawn perfectly or is it more on the intent ? I mean symbols are hard to draw on paper sometimes let alone in the air.

4. I found a link to what I assume is the classic RCR

http://www.hermetics.org/gd/Rose-Cross.html

What would be the difference between this and the reiki method ? In effect really ?

5. Would it be best to combine this with a banishing before ?

Thanks

Jazz
    Avalokitesvara
    Avalokitesvara
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Avalokitesvara Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:02 am

Greetings, Jazz!   Smile 

Apologies for the delayed answer – I was away from home for a few days and then too tired to write back.

Jazz wrote:I have some questions

1. Would protection against outside influences mean positive energies can't get through ?

2. Would protection against outside influences mean negative energies remain trapped and can't dissipate outside the aura / area ?

Although, traditionally, a banishing ritual is supposed to banish all the ‘evil’ or ‘inappropriate’ spirits/influences, my personal understanding is somewhat different.

In my opinion, there is no real ‘evil’; all that we call ‘evil’ on the face of earth are merely our own (personal or collective) thought-forms, that keep coming back to us, until we realize that they are our own creations and decide to cleanse them.

On the cosmic level, on the other hand, I think ‘Evil’ is actually the energy of resistance, which is an act of immense importance that facilitates the whole manifestation.

For instance, if we had water spilled everywhere it would never produce any kind of work. It has to be channeled via a pipeline to the mill in order to turn the wheel. But, for the water itself, the pipeline is, if fact, a form of restriction.
    Then, when we wish to use the energy of electricity, we need to use certain cables in order to create circuits. But there is no cable without an inherent resistance; as a matter of fact, it is the resistance that allows us to moderate the current.
    Another example (true although a bit funny) is to be found in our own hands. We, humans, wouldn't be able to develop a civilization if our thumbs wouldn't oppose the other four fingers, thus helping us to catch and handle everything!!
    So, in my opinion, the whole think of the cosmic evil is rather a technicality.

Furthermore, I believe that a banishing ritual, depending on the system of correspondences we use, actually clears our inner space from unwanted thoughts/thought-forms, in order to enable us to focus on our current working – just like cleaning and tiding our desk helps us to concentrate better on our study.

So, when we use a banishing ritual we keep in mind that, what we actually do, is cleaning our mind from unwanted though-forms, and our astral from unwanted emotion-forms.  
    And since energy follows thought, we can handle the flowing energies in any way we like.

Jazz wrote: 3.Does it matter that the symbol has to be drawn perfectly or is it more on the intent ?  I mean symbols are hard to draw on paper sometimes let alone in the air.

Well, drawing a kanji symbol is like writing a word. I’d say that good spelling helps us to use the full energy of the ‘letters’ that form a word, but I wouldn’t suggest that we should focus too much on the spelling.  In my opinion, what is really important is our intention, our trust in the Spirit and the purity of our heart. One needs to find the Golden Mean, I think.

Jazz wrote:4. I found a link to what I assume is the classic RCR

http://www.hermetics.org/gd/Rose-Cross.html

What would be the difference between this and the reiki method ? In effect really ?

Yes, this is the classic RCR, indeed.
    The RCR of Reiki was given through channeling, during a 3rd Degree initiation. I guess the difference is that, the classic RCR invokes the Christ energy (therefore our own Christ Consciousness) and uses certain Egyptian correspondences, while the RCR of Reiki invokes the DKM energy.
    Now, in the system of correspondences of Kabbalah which is called the “Tree of Life”, the Christ energy is to be found in the Sephira of Tiphareth/Sun, in the middle of the Tree of Life, balancing all the other Sephiroth.

Although one could say that DKM corresponds to the Sun, since the Sun is the source of light, I believe that DKM actually corresponds to Kether, which is the Divine Light, the light beyond any restriction and form. So, it seems that the RCR of Reiki, actually invokes the energy of DKM, which is the energy of the Divine Light of our Divine Self.

In effect, the RCR of Reiki aligns us with our Divine Self very efficiently, and fills our surrounding space with the Divine Light of DKM. Since it is a ritual, and therefore it involves a coordinated action all our energy bodies, I feel that it helps us to ‘personalize the infinite’ and ground the Divine Light in our reality.

Jazz wrote:5. Would it be best to combine this with a banishing before ?
    It depends on the current condition of one’s mind. If you feel that you need to clear your mental and astral body first, just do it. It doesn’t seem to be necessary, though.

Best wishes
    A.A.
    Jazz

Post by Jazz Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks for the reply....

I have tried the ritual about three times....

The first time I woke in a 'dreamlike' state. With the idea that I hadn't drawn the cross in the SW properly.

Second time I had a disturbed night sleeping but felt fine the next day altough a little tired.
    The next time I followed the ritual with some Reiki and had a restful night.

I quite enjoy the ritual. Though i must say it would be less awkward in a less cluttered room.

The original ritual seems to be a combination of Qabbalistic and Egyptian ideas while the Reiki ritual is represented in different ways.

Could you use the original format with DKM instead ?

Thanks

Jazz

fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 am

on the symbols....
    only half are actual words... so the other half (2 of four) are symbols.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:42 am

interesting discussion.

personally i prefer not to mix things. reiki is perhaps a stand-alone system. it deserves, in its own right, that it is practiced with a 'naive' simplicity.

sometimes tweaks and add-ons that we try to blend with reiki, are little more than reflections of our own insecurity. when we try to beautify something that is always sufficiently beautiful, we just feeding our ego or trying to add a personal statement, like a tag.

symbols might have intrinsic powers, i dont know, but for me symbols are Usui's authorisation that we can tune into specific frequency that he tapped during his 21 days meditation.

yes, of course reiki is magical. but doing magic in a reiki way, is the real beauty

salman
    Avalokitesvara
    Avalokitesvara
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Avalokitesvara Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:04 am

Greetings!

Jazz wrote:
    The original ritual seems to be a combination of Qabbalistic and Egyptian ideas while the Reiki ritual is represented in different ways.

Could you use the original format with DKM instead ?

Hi, Jazz! Apologies for the delay (again).
    I don't have an answer, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to experiment with that, too!  

fshortt wrote:on the symbols....
    only half are actual words... so the other half (2 of four) are symbols.

Yes, indeed! Perhaps I should have mentioned that, too, but I wanted to make a point about the importance of the 'correct' drawing at the time, and the case of the kanji symbols are the best paradigm.

Lambs-Wool wrote:interesting discussion.

personally i prefer not to mix things. reiki is perhaps a stand-alone system. it deserves, in its own right, that it is practiced with a 'naive' simplicity.

sometimes tweaks and add-ons that we try to blend with reiki, are little more than reflections of our own insecurity. when we try to beautify something that is always sufficiently beautiful, we just feeding our ego or trying to add a personal statement, like a tag.

symbols might have intrinsic powers, i dont know, but for me symbols are Usui's authorisation that we can tune into specific frequency that he tapped during his 21 days meditation.

yes, of course reiki is magical. but doing magic in a reiki way, is the real beauty

salman

I couldn't agree more with you, Salman!
    However, as I mentioned above, this ritual was given during a 3rd degree attunement. Although I had no intention to blend Reiki with other methods -and if I had, I wouldn't try to think about it while giving an attunement-, I have learned to honour my inner guidance. Smile

Best wishes
    A.A.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am

masters, it is often observed, tend to do things in their own personal style; why us, reiki masters, would be any different... lol

as long as we pass to student, an exact account of what we have chosen to do in our personal style, every personalized version of a teaching is always a beauty to appreciate.

honouring inner guidance -- i love this sentence.

regards
    salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 am